Too Faced Peach Perfect Comfort Matte Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Too Faced Peach Perfect Comfort Matte Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract/Prunus Persica Fruit Extract, Phenyl Methicone, Ficus Carica (Fig) Fruit Extract/Ficus Carica Fruit Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Cellulose Gum, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Fragrance/Parfum, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Benzoate, Tocopherol, Potassium Sorbate, BHT, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 11/5/2017 1:38:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I thought this would be a perfect foundation for me, at least performance-wise. I already knew the shade range was limited. But after seeing quite a few first impression reviews of this foundation on YouTube, I was convinced my combination skin would love it and that it would make my skin look beautiful. Wrong. So very wrong.

My first problems is that there isn't a shade light enough for me. I could get over that since my skin is pretty dang fair. But the way it sat on my skin... OMG. It looked worse than any foundation I've ever tried! The foundation immediately clung to my skin and refused to blend in at all even though I had exfoliated the night before, moisturized well right before use, and used a damp Real Techniques sponge to try to blend it out. In other words, this stuff sat on my face in weird patches and was not build able at all. Furthermore, it didn't seem to give me much coverage at all. I used 2 pumps of foundation on my face and it just looked like I had strange, orange patches all over my face and you could completely see any and all blemishes and redness underneath. And finally, accentuated every dry spot and strand of blonde peach fuzz on my face.

It was just a sad, awful makeup experience for me when I tried this foundation. I had to wipe it off immediately. I'm glad others have found great results with this, but it clearly is not for me!

On the upside: The packaging is beautiful, the price is good for how much product you get, and it does seem to be quite transfer-proof.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

TEXTURED SKIN PEEPS: listen up. You need this. Nothing I've tried has ever covered my scarring and bumps more fully and more NATURALLY than this. I've tried EL Double Wear, Milk Blur Liquid Matte, PUR bare it all (which is a good one too), True Match, and many others.
This runs DARK: get a shade way lighter than you think you need. I am Mac NC 30, and my color is "light beige" in this, which on the website, looks way too light.
This foundation is so worth the shading issue though. It dries down to a matte, soft, skin-like finish that stays that way all day long. I don't use a primer or even powder this at all. The coverage I would say is medium, but builds (I've never found a foundation that builds nicely on me other than this) to full coverage.
And it smells nice! Not like a fragrance- this didn't irritate my extremely redness prone skin.

on 10/17/2017 7:16:00 AM

I am NW15 and I found a great match in the shade Snow.
I was hesitant to buy this foundation because I was worried the fragrance in it would break me out, but I've been wearing it for the past few days and so far so good.

I have to say, this might replace my current HG for daily use, Smashbox Studio Skin, and is giving my "special occasions" HG, ELDWL, a strong competition. It just looks better on, smoother, pores are blurred, and the lasting power seems to be about the same.

Love the tube, and it contains more product than regular foundation containers. The scent is there, but not bothersome. It does fade after a while.

I apply it with my damp beauty blender, and the coverage is medium to full on me (but I don't have much to cover, just some redness and very old acne marks). I haven't tried it with a brush, but I think that would give much more coverage.
It also keeps my combination skin matte for a longer amount of time than Smashbox Studio Skin.

Price-wise, since Smashbox is now charging 50 CAD, is also better.

So unless it breaks me out or anything happens, I give this foundation 2 thumbs up.

EDIT - after using it for a week straight, I am knocking down a lippie because I noticed it can look powdery and a bit patchy in certain lights (such as my rearview mirror). I don't get that with Smashbox Studio Skin or ELDWL.
So I will use it just for running short errands, but will not replace any of my HGs

on 10/11/2017 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a good foundation but IMO not as good as Tarte Water foundation. Comfort Matte looks pretty dewy on my skin with light to medium coverage. My skin is naturally on the oilier side and this straight up looks dewy on me (not satin). The lighest shade "Snow" is also way too yellow. Also, I just can't get over the smell. It lingers on my brush which drives me crazy. If you're sensitive to smells you will prob not like this. All in all, it's a nice foundation and worth a try. This would prob be my go to foundation if Tarte Water foundation didn't exist, so I guess that speaks for itself. The price for the amount can't be beat!

on 10/7/2017 5:53:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to like this one so bad! The lightest shade was almost a perfect match for me (N10 in Coverfx, NC10 in MAC, 0.5 in Urban Decay). It worked really well on my oily T zone but made the drier areas of my face look so terrible and patchy. True to its claims, it did not transfer and lasted about 12 hours for me. Unfortunately, it also made me break out. If you have true oily skin this would be a great product, but I couldn't deal with how dry it made my skin look.

on 10/3/2017 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This foundation in SAND actually matches me perfectly. The texture is amazing, light, but it leaves skin looking perfected, like old-time movie stars. I have somewhat oily skin, and I use sunscreen every day. This weightless foundation doesn't get cakey or streak or oxidize...it just makes my skin look lovely and it lasts all day. Finally, a matte foundation that does not a have glowy or greasy cast! This is BEAUTIFUL. This whole collection gives me a boost because it brings out the best in my coloring.

One thing I want to add that may be a negative to some. This is REALLY DIFFICULT to wash off makeup brushes! I am ocd about my brushes and I always like them looking brand new. With anything other than powder, I was my brushes after every use. I am having a hard time washing this off my Sigmas: F80, F82, F84 and F86. It seems to come off my F60 a lot easier. I'm not sure if it's because the bristles are fewer and less concentrated, or if these bristles are designed for heavier makeup.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this foundation in summer! It's full coverage (but a great demi-matte finish), so finding a match was fun. I'm around NW20 in the summer, and I settled on vanilla, which is still more yellow than I'd like, but the shade matches otherwise. I only like this applied with a BeautyBlender, fingers look too heavy. Between this and Born This Way, I prefer BTW, but I *adore* the scent of the Peach Perfect. I also love the packing. The plastic tube with a pump (like ItCC or UD One and Done) is nice because it's more durable than glass bottles, takes up less room, and is easy to travel with. All foundations should come in this packaging!

Where do I begin…I was so, so excited for this line because of all the amazing pre-release reviews on YouTube and plus one youtuber said it might work on mature skin. I’ve been looking for the right foundation for years (I have an entire drawer full of expensive crap that didn’t do what it was supposed to do). Well, I decided to give myself the foundation, blur and loose powder (loose powder was sold out) for my birthday (09/15/17) and boy is it well worth it. I purchased the color “Snow” and although it was a little too light on me, once I put the blur on, it looked like if I had a custom-made shade. In the description for “Snow” it also says that it has “rosy undertones” but I’m very neutral to sometimes slightly yellow and didn’t have any “rosy undertone” issues. Let’s start the review here, the foundation has almost two ounces in it, so for $36, it’s not that pricey (most come with only 1 oz. for the same price). Secondly, it is a light coverage but it is buildable and lastly but not least, this stuff lasts all day; it does not transfer; does not get shiny; controls oil; does not settle into creases and lines (I just turned 52); does not cake; doesn’t morph or separate; and did I mention…IT LAST ALL DAY! I also want to mention that around the midpoint of the wear day when I was out and about, I looked in a mirror and noticed a tiny bit of shine around my cheeks (I live in Miami where our seasons are “Summer…Summer…REALLY HOT SUMMER and Summer) and thought “oh well...I guess it didn’t meet the hype” but within a half hour, by some miracle, it had corrected itself and I had no shine whatsoever (I had heard some of the YouTubers mention this but didn’t believe it until I saw it myself). I honestly cannot explain the miracle correction but it happened. I purposely didn’t go to bed on Sunday (09/17/16) night until midnight so that I could have at least tested the product for 10 hours of wear time and it looked the same as when I put it on 10 hours earlier. Although it does not transfer or budge all day, it was not difficult to remove at bedtime.

on 9/16/2017 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Yes, it does have a fragrance. The fragrance dissipates quickly. It is a medium coverage, but easily build able to full coverage. My whole face looked just as fresh and great 10 hours later as it did right after I was finished applying my makeup. It settle a small amount into my deep fore headlines, but using a setting powder on that area solved that. The rest of my face- this foundation di not budge, did not transfer, did not crease, had a beautiful finished all day long.

on 9/14/2017 2:48:00 PM