Too Faced Peach Perfect Comfort Matte Foundation

Filtered by age: 19-24
Too Faced Peach Perfect Comfort Matte Foundation

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract/Prunus Persica Fruit Extract, Phenyl Methicone, Ficus Carica (Fig) Fruit Extract/Ficus Carica Fruit Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Cellulose Gum, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Fragrance/Parfum, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Benzoate, Tocopherol, Potassium Sorbate, BHT, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 10/4/2017 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My new holy grail foundation! While it was a bit of a frustrating learning curve to get it to look perfect, I am soooo happy with it. To start I have incredibly oily (my face looks wet when I wake up after sleeping), sensitive, acne prone skin. This foundation doesn't transfer, it stays matte during my 16 hour days, and it never looks cakey in sunlight. Or break down (the true reason for being holy grail status).

So, my tips to making this look perfect is to make sure your skin is hydrated. I find it applies similarly to the Urban Decay all nighter foundation. So moisturize, and I usually pair it with a hydrating primer! I tried it with the benefit primer stick, becca evermatte, and benefit porefessional and it didn't apply very nice over any of them. I prefer Guerlain meteorites primer, Too Faced Hangover Primer, or Hangover spray. I don't like applying this with my hands. I find a beauty blender is optimal, but a synthetic kabuki does work very well.

Second, I conceal underneath. Because I am acne prone I do have some unfortunate scarring. And under eye darkness I can not get rid of for the life of me. I find concealer over top "picks up" the product and looks super uneven. If you are to use a concealer on top, I would use something as thick as possible. But that being said it provides really good coverage, so if you don't have any problem areas that upset you, you should be fine using it on its own.

Lastly, and had somebody told me this before I tried it myself I would have rolled my eyes, I mix it with oil. Because it sets quickly I like mixing it in with oil so I have some time to build up coverage and because I find it goes on smoother. It doesn't compromise the matte finish or the wear time for me, but it builds easier and I don't have to rush so much applying it. I've also swapped out moisturizer for oil underneath, and it does works similarly, but I prefer putting a drop of argan oil in with the foundation. Game changer.

I know it sounds like a lot of work, but I have been looking for a foundation for six years that keeps up with my super long days, and doesn't look bad. At the end of my sixteen hours, after school and work, it still looks awesome. Which is a real self esteem boost when you feel exhausted and worn out, to still look pretty. If you have real issues with foundation, this one is worth the extra little bit of effort. The staying power us unsurpassed by anything else at Sephora (I have literally tried every single foundation Sephora Canada carries that is matte and med/full coverage).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I buy myself a new foundation every year for my birthday, and I'm very glad I chose this one. I have VERY oily and acne-prone skin, so I'd mostly been using Estee Lauder Double Wear for the past year. Double Wear will always have a place in my heart for its insane coverage and oil-controlling properties. I bought it at a time when my acne was awful, and it served me very well. However, my skin has thankfully cleared since then, leaving me with acne and scarring only along my jawline. The Double Wear became too much for an all-over foundation, so I decided to go for a medium-coverage option. Enter Peach Perfect.

First of all, the packaging on this foundation is ideal. It comes in a tube with a pump, keeping your product fresh and eliminating the risk of breaking a bottle. Also, for $36 (as of this writing), you get A LOT of product: 1.6 ounces, as opposed to the standard one ounce. I think it's also worth mentioning that this foundation is good for 18 months. (Double Wear, just for the heck of it, expires in 24 months.)

As advertised, Peach Perfect is a medium-coverage foundation and can build up to mostly-full-coverage with a second layer. I buff this foundation in with a Real Techniques Expert Face brush. I have not tried this foundation with a Beauty Blender, though as a general rule, a wet sponge will sheer anything out. I will say you don't have a heck of a lot of working time with this foundation; it dries pretty quickly, so apply a section at a time. Peach Perfect is about 95 percent matte. It isn't luminous or dewy by any stretch, but on its own, it just isn't *as* matte as my Double Wear. Peach Perfect, especially left unpowdered, is pretty natural-looking for a matte foundation. It doesn't look dry on my skin when applied with a brush, and I usually use 2.5 to three pumps to cover my face and acne patches. That may seem like a lot for one application, but one pump doesn't dispense a lot of product. Unless you want to build this to full-coverage on your entire face every day, I can't see anyone running out of this quickly.

I wear this foundation over Benefit Porefessional. I top it with Coty Airspun Powder and Cover FX Mattifying Setting Spray. For oily skin, it's a winning combination; my natural oils do come through by the end of the day, but I'm never left looking like an oil-slick. Those of you with normal, dry, and combination skin could probably get away with leaving this foundation unpowdered or only powdering in your oily areas. With my oily skin, I'd never dream of leaving my face unpowdered, but since this foundation dries down all the way, I don't think you'd have any problem blending bronzer, blush, contour, etc. on top of it without setting powder.

If you're looking for a medium-coverage, lightweight, mostly-matte foundation that can withstand oily skin (with the right supporting cast of products), Too Faced Peach Perfect is a great option and a great buy.

Video Reviews & Tutorials