72%

Reviews

2.0
from

11 days ago

Disappointed in this and upset I don’t like it because I had such high hopes. I can’t get it to build for drama without clumping. with one or two coats, which is the maximum you can do before clump city, does not give me enough volume or length on its own. Sometimes I layer over it but then that defeats the tubing element. It doesn’t give definition what so ever and I could be ok with that if it made up for it in volume but it also doesn’t do that. The packaging is nice and heavy. I won’t buy it again though, I wouldn’t know this one was the high end one if I blindly compared it to L’Oréal’s tubing mascara. I actually like that one more. I guess I shouldn’t have believed a blogger I don’t know at all.

About reviewer (44 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

3.0

11 days ago

The packaging is great and very heavy; the heavy part is the handle not the actual product. Not very impressed with the product especially for the price. I will go back to my $12 drug store mascara for the same results....very dissapointed

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

from

16 days ago

I have tried so many mascaras, from drugstore to luxe, and really like this one. It's nice enough without a primer, but add Pur Cosmetics fully charged lash primer underneath, and wow, dramatic lashes. First time I've tried a tubing mascara. It doesn't flake. You can use only 2 coats -- more than that, and lashes will stick together and clump. It also lifts. I've tried curling before and not curling - a little difference but not much. When you remove, best to put cleanser on and let sit for 20-30 seconds and then wipe off. Otherwise, you'll have black smeared all over your upper face. You'll get mostly length and some thickness, but not volume as would be expected from a volume mascara. Recommended.

About reviewer (137 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Other, Other

3.0

21 days ago

Had high hopes for this one as it has great reviews. Unfortunately, for me, this flaked and gave me panda eyes. The effect is quite dramatic, it definitely gives volume, length, not so much definition. The packaging is beautiful. It has a weighted wand, and the packaging feels luxe. Though I would have preferred a less luxe feel and for the product to be cheaper. The quest for a mascara that doesn't flake continues!

About reviewer (227 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

22 days ago

I had gone years without being able to wear mascara. After trying more than I care to admit, I decided I would emphasize my eyes without mascara because it ALWAYS smeared and ran on me. I have many allergies and sensitivities that have worsened with age. Not only did the mascaras start looking so bad I would be better off wearing no makeup, but many actually gave me migraines. Thrive is a tubing mascara that works differently, and I couldn’t be happier. After ten years of invisible lashes—blonde—I can finally wear one that stays on! Those that complain obviously have other options, but for those like me, this is miraculous!

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

a month ago

I have NO other mascara that I will use anymore after this one and I hate the price but it is STILL worth it! One or two swipes and my lashes are perfect! Not the type of mascara you should cake on more than a couple times as it will get a little flaky but if you just swipe a minimal amount after curling your lashes it is absolute perfection!

About reviewer (68 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBlond

EyesGreen

2.0

a month ago

The formula is quite wet and the brush puts too much onto my lashes; it causes my lashes to stick together so I have to separate them with a metal lash comb to make this wearable. Comes in a large teal tube with silver graphics; the brush is a rubber or silicone type with lots of super short bristles and an overall slightly tapered shape. The mascara is glossy, and it provides volume and looks great once it's finally dry. I have Brynn which is a rich black. However, it's supposedly a tubing mascara, but it smears easily when wet instead of coming off in tubes. So, no thanks - I'll stick to my tried and true tubing mascaras.

About reviewer (959 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

a month ago

Amazing product. My Holy Grail.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrown

3 months ago

Also got this in my ipsy and fell in love. I now purchase this regularly direct from thrive. I have short fair lashes. While I don't get much volume from it, it gives me a ton of length- definitely comparable to extensions. Does not smudge or flake at all and washes off very easy. 100% worth the higher price point.

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

4 months ago

I love this mascara! I was getting lash extensions but I got tired of having to constantly get them done. Plus I have blonde lashes so I ended up having to use mascara. I got a sample of the Liquid Lash Extensions in my Ipsy bag and decided to try it. It was love at first sight! My lashes looked great, no flaking, smudging or budging! I paired it with my Lancôme Clis Booster XL Primer and BOOM!!! HG!!! People ask me where I get my lashes done all the time!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool