Yves Saint Laurent All Hours Full Coverage Matte Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Other

3.0

I am about NC35, combo-dry skin which leans dryer in the winter but in the summer i get shiny in the Tzone (mostly nose and sides of nose). I have tried this in the shade B50 and BD50 which probably is a touch too dark as it tends to darken a little as time goes on. The texture of this is very strange. It feels very thick and almost like paint or spackle. Very 'dense' almost like a mousse. It applies well with a BB or a brush. It feels very heavy on my skin, and you can definitely feel this foundation on your skin and my skin felt dryer as the day went on. It felt tacky as well like it never fully dried down and looked a little too shiny in pictures. The scent is also very strong and doesn't really dissipate. It is too $$$ for what it is and the cons of the smell, feeling it on the skin, the finish not being great doesn't make it worth the money.

I am big fan of YSL but this foundation is definitely for oily skin. It empathize all my pores and dry patches when I tried the sample. I have combo skin but never was dry and I am very surprised. YSL Touch Eclate is definitely better than this one.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is HG for me. Years of searching, so much money spent on nearly every new foundation I could try. Dior, Chanel, Lancome, Shiseido, Tom Ford, Revlon, you name it. SO, so happy I found this!

PROS
- BR10 is a perfect pale neutral for me. I'm extremely pale yellow and 99% of foundations are too dark, too pink or oxidize. This doesn't oxidize a bit on me
-Finish: beautiful, natural-looking satin finish that gets better throughout the day. It somehow controls oil on my t-zone without making my cheeks look dry
-Lasting: I put this on at 5am and it's there at 10 pm still. It looks so natural, I think it has faded until I wash my face and see the redness, melasma that was hiding!
-Wear: never settles into pores or lines for me, even on my nose.
-Application: smooth and easy with my fingers
-Coverage: because of the finish, it blurs my imperfections for very flattering, buildable coverage. It doesn't have the cakey, painty look of most full-coverage foundations and it builds nicely
-Sensitivity: one of the very few liquid foundations that has not broken me out. Most cause cheek cysts or overall zits. Shocking because it's long-lasting and has fragrance
-Transfer-resistant and waterproof
-Feel: no tightness!
-Pump bottle

My oily spots usually destroy long-wear/"24hr" foundation within 4 hours (cough Laura Mercier)

This makes my patchy, dull skin look naturally glowy and clear. When used the new Too Faced long-wear foundation, my spots were more noticeable and I looked older than this gem.

It goes to show that one person's dream product may not rate the highest. This is NOT a full matte foundation and is mis-marketed.
UPDATE: Still absolutely adoring this. For a while, I wondered if it was breaking me out. I persisted, since I love it so much. That says a lot- normally I would never look at a foundation again if it even threatened to break me out.
Happily, it was not All Hours and I've been using it for a few months without breakouts. I'd say approximately 90% of foundations cause issues for me.
SO low maintainance. Never transfers, never gets patchy on me, never shows a trace of product or settles into pores. I'm surprised others have had issues, since my skin usually eats the hardiest of products.
My dream!!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation has generated alot of reviews on You Tube. I did get a sample because is is expensive at $58.00 and the bottle is less than an oz, making the cost $69.00 per oz, YIKES!! This is another full coverage, matte foundation, and it was just "OK". I found it took alot of time to blend and too much blending tended to wipe it away. I uses an Artis brush and had to apply a little more to my cheeks using a beauty blender. It took some time to set to a matte finish. I did not think it was full coverage on the first pass, but it can be built up to a full coverage with 2 applications. The interesting thing for me was finding the right shade. It comes in 22 shades, and they are well described, with cool, warm and neutral. I used the shade Sand. It has alot of alcohol, which is the 3rd ingredient. It also has "probiotics" which to me is a marketing gimmick. I used HG Mineral Veil primer. I thought that it lasted about 10 hours, which is plenty long enough for me. I did set it with Laura Mercier translucent powder. I would probably not purchase it because it was not a standout for me in terms of foundations, and it was ridiculously expensive, even for this makeup diva!

After all of the You Tube hype, I purchased this foundation. It's expensive, but I don't use foundation everyday and my go-to foundation is Ginvenchy and also expensive so why not? I have mature, clear, relatively unlined fair skin. No skin issues. Not many fine lines, no big pores. Used to be very oily when I was younger and now I'm "normal" in the t-zone and slightly dryer on the perimeter.

First day I applied this on my clean skin with a foundation brush, no primer and it immediately gave me dots in my pores in the t-zone. Keep in mind, I don't have big honking pores. There they were!

Next day I made sure to really really moisturize before applying it. Went on better but still didn't do my skin any favors.

Today, I moisturized and used a silicone primer (which I think this foundation needs if you have mature skin or are the least bit dry.) It went on much better. I'm still not impressed. No matter what I do it still seems to sit weirdly on my skin, even though I'm not DRY dry in any areas of my face and I live in a humid environment, which generally --eventually-- forces any foundation to meld with the skin. At this price, I'll be returning this.

I always try to think of who would like this, and I think it is a good foundation in terms of feel on the skin and color range. If you have younger and/or oily skin I think this foundation would probably work great for you. I did like the amount of coverage which I thought was medium-full and it blended very easily with no oxidation. Lasted pretty well during the day, nothing amazing.