Yves Saint Laurent All Hours Full Coverage Matte Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Other

3.3

I am big fan of YSL but this foundation is definitely for oily skin. It empathize all my pores and dry patches when I tried the sample. I have combo skin but never was dry and I am very surprised. YSL Touch Eclate is definitely better than this one.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this! It goes to show how differently foundation can work on various skin types. This might be a case of a good product, but marketed and directed to the wrong consumers. It's not full coverage or matte on me, but is an awesome natural-finish foundation on my 30-something combo skin. It's a very skin-looking satiny finish that spreads evenly, looks youthful and doesn't settle into pores. Definitely NOT matte. But not shiny or glowy.

It lasts ALL day when other longwearing ones *cough Laura Mercier* are eaten up by my oil within two hours.

BR10 is a perfect shade for my very pale yellow skin. Oddly, B10 was much too dark. Minimal oxidization on me.

I'd say it's medium coverage with a satin finish. It works well applied with my fingers. I love the pump too.

I'm desperately hoping this wont break me out, since it's the best foundation I've tried in ages. So far so good.

UPDATE: So happy I found this. A few weeks in and no breakouts, which is very usual for me. I love this SO much now. It is the most natural-looking, longest-lasting and flattering foundation I've tried in years.
- It blends like a dream
-never settles into pores
-satiny, skin-like finish that never looks dull or greasy
-BR10 is an impressive match for my very pale yellow-toned skin, no orange oxidization
-transfer-resistant and still there at 11pm
-lovely pump bottle
-covers well while still looking natural

I still stand by my thoughts that this a stellar foundation, but marketed and targeted wrong. It is not matte. It's a wonderful product for my late-30s, combo, sensitive skin.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation has generated alot of reviews on You Tube. I did get a sample because is is expensive at $58.00 and the bottle is less than an oz, making the cost $69.00 per oz, YIKES!! This is another full coverage, matte foundation, and it was just "OK". I found it took alot of time to blend and too much blending tended to wipe it away. I uses an Artis brush and had to apply a little more to my cheeks using a beauty blender. It took some time to set to a matte finish. I did not think it was full coverage on the first pass, but it can be built up to a full coverage with 2 applications. The interesting thing for me was finding the right shade. It comes in 22 shades, and they are well described, with cool, warm and neutral. I used the shade Sand. It has alot of alcohol, which is the 3rd ingredient. It also has "probiotics" which to me is a marketing gimmick. I used HG Mineral Veil primer. I thought that it lasted about 10 hours, which is plenty long enough for me. I did set it with Laura Mercier translucent powder. I would probably not purchase it because it was not a standout for me in terms of foundations, and it was ridiculously expensive, even for this makeup diva!

After all of the You Tube hype, I purchased this foundation. It's expensive, but I don't use foundation everyday and my go-to foundation is Ginvenchy and also expensive so why not? I have mature, clear, relatively unlined fair skin. No skin issues. Not many fine lines, no big pores. Used to be very oily when I was younger and now I'm "normal" in the t-zone and slightly dryer on the perimeter.

First day I applied this on my clean skin with a foundation brush, no primer and it immediately gave me dots in my pores in the t-zone. Keep in mind, I don't have big honking pores. There they were!

Next day I made sure to really really moisturize before applying it. Went on better but still didn't do my skin any favors.

Today, I moisturized and used a silicone primer (which I think this foundation needs if you have mature skin or are the least bit dry.) It went on much better. I'm still not impressed. No matter what I do it still seems to sit weirdly on my skin, even though I'm not DRY dry in any areas of my face and I live in a humid environment, which generally --eventually-- forces any foundation to meld with the skin. At this price, I'll be returning this.

I always try to think of who would like this, and I think it is a good foundation in terms of feel on the skin and color range. If you have younger and/or oily skin I think this foundation would probably work great for you. I did like the amount of coverage which I thought was medium-full and it blended very easily with no oxidation. Lasted pretty well during the day, nothing amazing.