Yves Saint Laurent All Hours Full Coverage Matte Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Other

3.3

I am big fan of YSL but this foundation is definitely for oily skin. It empathize all my pores and dry patches when I tried the sample. I have combo skin but never was dry and I am very surprised. YSL Touch Eclate is definitely better than this one.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is HG for me. Years of searching, so much money spent on nearly every new foundation I could try. Dior, Chanel, Lancome, Shiseido, Tom Ford, Revlon, you name it. SO, so happy I found this!

PROS
- BR10 is a perfect pale neutral for me. I'm extremely pale yellow and 99% of foundations are too dark, too pink or oxidize. This doesn't oxidize a bit on me
-Finish: beautiful, natural-looking satin finish that gets better throughout the day. It somehow controls oil on my t-zone without making my cheeks look dry
-Lasting: I put this on at 5am and it's there at 10 pm still. It looks so natural, I think it has faded until I wash my face and see the redness, melasma that was hiding!
-Wear: never settles into pores or lines for me, even on my nose.
-Application: smooth and easy with my fingers
-Coverage: because of the finish, it blurs my imperfections for very flattering, buildable coverage. It doesn't have the cakey, painty look of most full-coverage foundations and it builds nicely
-Sensitivity: one of the very few liquid foundations that has not broken me out. Most cause cheek cysts or overall zits. Shocking because it's long-lasting and has fragrance
-Transfer-resistant and waterproof
-Feel: no tightness!
-Pump bottle

My oily spots usually destroy long-wear/"24hr" foundation within 4 hours (cough Laura Mercier)

This makes my patchy, dull skin look naturally glowy and clear. When used the new Too Faced long-wear foundation, my spots were more noticeable and I looked older than this gem.

It goes to show that one person's dream product may not rate the highest. This is NOT a full matte foundation and is mis-marketed.
UPDATE: Still absolutely adoring this. For a while, I wondered if it was breaking me out. I persisted, since I love it so much. That says a lot- normally I would never look at a foundation again if it even threatened to break me out.
Happily, it was not All Hours and I've been using it for a few months without breakouts. I'd say approximately 90% of foundations cause issues for me.
SO low maintainance. Never transfers, never gets patchy on me, never shows a trace of product or settles into pores. I'm surprised others have had issues, since my skin usually eats the hardiest of products.
My dream!!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation has generated alot of reviews on You Tube. I did get a sample because is is expensive at $58.00 and the bottle is less than an oz, making the cost $69.00 per oz, YIKES!! This is another full coverage, matte foundation, and it was just "OK". I found it took alot of time to blend and too much blending tended to wipe it away. I uses an Artis brush and had to apply a little more to my cheeks using a beauty blender. It took some time to set to a matte finish. I did not think it was full coverage on the first pass, but it can be built up to a full coverage with 2 applications. The interesting thing for me was finding the right shade. It comes in 22 shades, and they are well described, with cool, warm and neutral. I used the shade Sand. It has alot of alcohol, which is the 3rd ingredient. It also has "probiotics" which to me is a marketing gimmick. I used HG Mineral Veil primer. I thought that it lasted about 10 hours, which is plenty long enough for me. I did set it with Laura Mercier translucent powder. I would probably not purchase it because it was not a standout for me in terms of foundations, and it was ridiculously expensive, even for this makeup diva!

After all of the You Tube hype, I purchased this foundation. It's expensive, but I don't use foundation everyday and my go-to foundation is Ginvenchy and also expensive so why not? I have mature, clear, relatively unlined fair skin. No skin issues. Not many fine lines, no big pores. Used to be very oily when I was younger and now I'm "normal" in the t-zone and slightly dryer on the perimeter.

First day I applied this on my clean skin with a foundation brush, no primer and it immediately gave me dots in my pores in the t-zone. Keep in mind, I don't have big honking pores. There they were!

Next day I made sure to really really moisturize before applying it. Went on better but still didn't do my skin any favors.

Today, I moisturized and used a silicone primer (which I think this foundation needs if you have mature skin or are the least bit dry.) It went on much better. I'm still not impressed. No matter what I do it still seems to sit weirdly on my skin, even though I'm not DRY dry in any areas of my face and I live in a humid environment, which generally --eventually-- forces any foundation to meld with the skin. At this price, I'll be returning this.

I always try to think of who would like this, and I think it is a good foundation in terms of feel on the skin and color range. If you have younger and/or oily skin I think this foundation would probably work great for you. I did like the amount of coverage which I thought was medium-full and it blended very easily with no oxidation. Lasted pretty well during the day, nothing amazing.

Video Reviews & Tutorials