Yves Saint Laurent All Hours Full Coverage Matte Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Brown age: 19-24

3.3

My Shade: BR20
Other shades that work for me: TF BTW Porcelain, EL Doublewear 1N2 Ecru, MAC C1.

All Hours is the first foundation from YSL which I have ever tried, and I am extremely impressed. Whilst I never wear foundation for 24 hours, I have worn this for around 10-12 hours each time I have worn it, and it always looks exceptional at the end of the day. It doesn’t fade, seperate or smudge throughout the day, it simply remains looking fresh. Some of my natural oils do appear, but not enough to justify re-powdering. I think it is great wear time! I find this foundation applies best with a damp beauty blender, and a little goes a long way. It is buildable, and definitely a medium-full coverage. It still never looks cakey or mask-like on the skin, it truly just makes your skin look like itself - just better. It is a matte finish, but is not drying. It doesn’t tend to crack or sink into lines or pores like other matte foundations can. I get a lot of compliments on my skin when wearing this foundation, it just looks so flawless and healthy. I love this foundation and would highly recommend it.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

In the quest for a full coverage and long-lasting foundation, I tried this one. Sadly, it didn't live up to my expectations. The coverage was nowhere to be "full" as its huge claim, even when i built it up continuously to conceal my dark spots. It's buildable, but the coverage you get is still light to medium.
Another problem with this foundation was the way it sat on my skin throughout the day. The longevity was fine, you get 5-8 hours of makeup with it, with RCMA powder or Laura Mercier setting one on and all that (otherwise, it got worse, believe me). Definitely not impressive at all, especially with "all hours" claim. But it just sat on my skin, it didn't sink into my skin; and as the day went on, it started to turn funny. After about 4-5 hours, my skin felt drier and drier, the foundation became more greasy and dull and separate from my skin. Everytime i wore it, i had to wipe it off because it just looked so bad LOL.
Then I read the ingredient list and I wasn't happy at all that alcohol denat was the third in this formula. I strongly do not recommend this one on textured/dehydrated skin, like me. By the way, this foundation is nothing but below-average one and certainly not worth your precious dollars on it.
now, i'm crying.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Full coverage is wild claim, haha.

I felt this is a medium to light coverage, it covered my pores but that was about it.

Smells amazing and it feels like it becomes your skin when it dries out, so even though it did not cover my blemishes, it still looked quite pretty as my skin looked more even.

I quite like this as the shade matches me so well.

Video Reviews & Tutorials