ORIGINS Pinch Your Cheeks

Filtered by skin type : Normal
ORIGINS Pinch Your Cheeks

3.8

This is nice and natural looking. The color choices are rather limited but in all fairness, how many "flush/blush" shades can one have. It blends effortlessly as long as you have a fdn, moisturizer or tinted moist., Do not try this on bare skin as the product will settle into those fine little pores that only the luckiest of us all do not have.

on 10/22/2008 7:12:00 PM

This is a great product. I have had a tube of PYC for almost 6 month and have used it just about everyday. For under $15 this is a must have item. I have tired Tarte and Benefit and didn't like them at all.

on 1/7/2008 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Iíve recently rediscovered this product, and Iím obsessed with it. I use it as a cheek & lip stain. I have all the colors- Raspberry (berry-pink), Brownberry (brownish-red, similar to Clinique Black Honey) and Coralberry (bright peachy-red). Iíve come to appreciate the metal tube (even though it oozes product at first and is easily dented) because itís simple and lacks the excess plastic packaging of so many other products. The product itself is extremely concentrated, and it ends up being a good value (even though $10 for a tiny tube seems a bit steep at first). I apply a drop to my fingertip and blend quickly onto each cheek. I always apply overtop moisturizer or dewy foundation (lately Iíve been mixing a drop with Patricia Wexler MMPI Serum which makes it more blendable, and my cheeks positively glow!) It will stain my fingertip, but fades within an hour or two. It looks like my cheeks are naturally blushing, and it lasts all day. Applied directly to my lips, this always looked blotchy and uneven, until I discovered mixing it with lip balm (I like C.O. Bigelow My Favorite Lip Balm, since the texture is thin, it mixes well). I mix equal parts in a little pot with a lip brush and apply it in thin layers to my lips, until I get the desired intensity. I will sometimes mix the shades, to further customize the color. The staying power is excellent (4-5 hours) and Iíll just top it with some gloss/balm if my lips start to feel dry. All in all, this is an excellent, versatile product. It just takes some experimentation.

on 11/2/2007 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is the only blush I always have to have in my stash. I've tried others but I always go back to this one for everyday use. Yes, the packaging isn't the best, as others have said, and I have wasted some product accidentally squeezing too hard. However, it's so cute, like paint, and after a while you'll learn to deliver the right amount of pressure to get the amount you need. And that tiny tube lasts me a really long time, even with everyday use. I use Raspberry and it gives me a very natural, rosy blush. I use this over tinted moisturizer (or just normal moisturizer) and lip gloss and I'm ready for work or a casual outing.

It is annoying the way the tube always oozes when you want to just squeeze out a tiny amount but it would have to be one of the most natural cheek tints i have ever used, it gives a really beautifull pink tinge to my cheeks. Despite the oozing and the staining of the fingers I love this. As I only apply a very small amount it last for ever.

on 10/17/2006 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I didn't like too much about this. First of all, whenever I took the cap off, the product would start oozing out on it's own (even if I didn't squeeze it). Second, you have to work quickly to blend it- no play time. Third, it stains my fingers like crazy. And last, the color selection is poor, & the results are very average. I much prefer Smashbox Skintints to this (great product!)

This has a nice tint and leaves my skin prettily flushed. I bought it because it was cheaper than Benetint; however it doesn't have Benetint's staying power. Difficult to control how much comes out of the metal tube. The tube has lasted well and it's more convenient for travel than Benetint but overall I don't plan to repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

(Reference: NC20/25) I liked this sweet little cool pink gel. A bit more pigmented than I anticipated, so I need only a tiny dab. As a gel, there was plenty of time for application, no streaking or blotchiness. While I like it, I probably won't repurchase, as there are so many more fun products out there to try.

on 5/28/2005 1:32:00 AM

Ok, so the packaging design sucks. There's too much pressure in the tube which means that the product is constantly oozing out. I have to quick swipe some onto my fingertip and then slap on the cap before more oozes out.

HOWEVER, and this is a huge however (hence the all capitals), I have just returned to this product after about 7 years because I love the new color "Brownberry," which on me is the *perfect* sheer maroon, not too orangy, not too brown, not too blue. Right inbetween the original pinch-your-cheeks (Raspberry), Benetint, and Clinique Black Honey gel blush, another favorite of mine (until now!). Most importantly, this product lasts ALL DAY, and stains both my cheeks and lips perfectly. So well, that in the end, I don't mind the messy tube. A little bit of baking soda mixed with handsoap cleans the fingers. I'd definitely recommend this new color, and trying it on the lips. It's better than all the so-called lip-cheek stains out there (most of which are ok for lips or cheeks but not both) and I've tried all of them (longo, lorac, tarte, philosophy, delux, jouer, stila, gallerie noemie, lancome, etc).

on 1/13/2005 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This left a very nice flushed look on my cheeks. The colour lasted well, but not brilliantly. The packaging wasn't great, it was hard not to squeeze too much out of the tube, so was easy to waste. However I thought it was simple to apply and all in all was a good product. If you like Gel blushers, try Pixi, which I really love!

Popular Blush Products