MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation

Filtered by age: 44-55
MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation
MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation NC20Bobbi Brown Make UP

2.4

Active Ingredient:Octyl Methoxycinnamate Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polydecene, Glyceryl Dilaurate, Tea-Isostearate, Tea-Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Kaolin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Pantethine, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Steareth-21, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Steareth-2, Perfluoropolymethylisopropyl Ether, Stearyl Alcohol, BHT, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben may contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens

on 2/9/2012 11:23:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have been on a mission to try out all the MAC foundations to see which is my favorite.
This one I won't be purchasing again. On my combination skin, it really dried me out and made wrinkles appear that I never noticed before. Plus my nose was still shiny. So it was a double dissatisfaction for me.
The coverage is medium. I wear NC25 and that was true with this product as well.
My fave MAC foundation so far is Studio Sculpt.
My search continues.....

on 3/22/2011 10:52:00 PM

This is a shocker. Settles into lines like no other and oxidises to orange pretty quickly.

on 9/2/2010 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Last year, when Clinique discontinued the shade of Stay True that I had been using, I tried the MAC counter, they recommended Select SPF for my oily skin and did indeed get a good colour match (NC20) so at least I know my MAC shade. However, the product does not work well at all; after a couple of hours it goes all patchy and dry looking as well as oxidising to orange so I look like a dried out clementine - very attractive ! Have almost a full bottle waiting to include in a Back to Mac bundle.

on 2/27/2010 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is a beginners foundation. That said I will explain why:

1. Color selection is almost all too pink toned -- even the NC shades.

2. The bottle is not functional unless you buy an additional pump. It has a tendency to leak and put out more product than you will need.

3. The texture is smooth -- but will give you uneven coverage unless you keep packing it on.

4. It oxidizes ... this means it will usually turn colors on your face after a few hours of application.

This product was a let down when it was released but then we had less to choose from. I cannot understand why this product is still around -- although they did attempt with the Studio Sculpt line but that too was a disaster. Hype keeps it going.

Finally, I would like to address this to the previous reviewer who said that someone at MAC was rude to her -- you should not judge the whole line or it's SA's because of this one person. Get his name and write a nice letter and tell the Company what happened. I am sure you will be treated nicely... just don't give up.

Many many MAC products are excellent and quite innovative.. pick those and don't even bother with the foundation.

on 3/4/2008 4:41:00 PM

This is the best liquid foundation I have ever used. I put it on with a brush like I was shown how to do by the MA @ MAC. It goes on so nicely and builds in places you need it. No need for touch up during the day! It stays where you put it. I was a big BE user for a lot of years, but I am glad I went to MAC. My skin looks so much better now. By the way...spend the extra $4.00 and buy the pump for your foundation. It makes life so much easier when using a foundation brush to apply. EDIT: Just purchased my second bottle. The first one lasted just over 3 months. I really do love this foundation and it has a SPF that does not break out my skin!

Edit.. after using this and going through several bottles, always thinking it was to dark for my skin NW20 I changed colors myself, the MA at the MAC counter thought I was nuts. Anyway, I purchase NC20 and the color is so very much better. Glad I listened to myself.

I did this because I have a lot of red in my skin... and the yellow base in NC20 covers it better, because yellow always calms red.

on 10/27/2007 7:58:00 AM

Ok, well I think this may be best for young, flawless skin. It does nothing for me except - sits in my fine lines, looks cakey, makes my pores look even huger than they are and oxidises like crazy after about 30 minutes on my face.
It makes me look about 10 years older. I cannot get the buildable coverage that the MA promised me, it just cakes. I've tried to apply this with my fingers, a damp sponge, a dry sponge and a foundation brush. I've tried it with and without primer and powder.
This is horrible stuff for me.
MAC is pretty expensive here in the UK and the lack of a decent return policy for cosmetics in this country (no returns unless the product is unopened -pretty useless) makes this an expensive mistake. It's going in the bin.
ETA: The shade (NC25) is pretty good on me though, when this first goes on and for about 30 minutes until it turns orange.

on 3/21/2007 1:24:00 PM

I didn't like this at all. I'm normally very happy with MAC, but just not this foundation. The color was a good match at first. It applies very smoothly, but does not seem to cover well. Also it seems to look "muddy" or "dingy" on my face after a couple of hours - even using the Blot powder. I used it twice and threw it away. It's really hard to put my finger on exactly WHAT the problem is with this foundation. I just don't like the way it looks on my skin after a couple of hours is the bottom line, I guess.

i first started using MAC select SPF 15 foundation when i was a junior in high school because i started to break out and i wanted coverage. 2 years later (march 06) my skin was still horrible and my esthetician said it was from the HEAVY/CAKEY MAC products. i switched to bare escentuals and my skin is beautiful. i haven't been getting pimples on my cheeks from the MAC foundation and blush. no matter how light you put it on...it's so heavy you're skin can't breathe!

on 1/18/2004 7:20:00 PM

An excellent foundation! After getting a very generous hand decanted sample (that lasted more than a week!!!) from a MAC SA at Macy's,I had to buy it. It really has a velvety texture, and adjusts well to whatever the skin is (dry,oily,etc) very good coverage without cakiness or heaviness. I love MAC Shade NC20-it is more perfectly my skin color than any other foundation (besides Shu Uemura and Awake,that is!)and this foundation just works for me-that's all. So many MAC products do-this line and I are pretty compatible.I would buy this agin, but with my collecction of foundations (about 20 of them) I doubt I'll have to for a while!

This is now my holy grail foundation. I went from Estee Lauder Lucidity to Lise Watier's liquid pump stuff to this. Lucidity has SPF 8 (way too little) and Lise Watier's foundations and (moisturizers) have NONE. How irresponsible. Anyway, this has a wonderful texture and colors. I use NW25 and am thrilled. Too bad it has no pump- or doesn't come in a tube. The bottle-type packaging is incredibly outdated for a company as leading-edge as MAC. Nevertheless, I'll be going back for more...and more. !!!