Lancome Monsieur Big Volume Mascara

Lancome Monsieur Big Volume Mascara

2.5

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I wanted to love this mascara, but it was much to wet for my lashes. Doesn't seem that the tube pulls the wand tightly enough to remove the excess.

I was super excited to try this mascara but it just didnt work out for me. I have sparse, straight lashes and this does provide some nice volume and length, but it does not hold a curl at all. I put this on and it made my lashes droop down! If they ever make this in a water proof version I will try it again (wp usually holds the curl better) but otherwise this is a NOPE. I like hypnose drama in wp better!

on 8/13/2017 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really wanted this new Lancome mascara after reading about it. It was everything it promised. I got long eyelashes in two coats. So far it has not irritated my eyes. I didn't experience any of the negative things that are in other reviews. It's not wet or dry or clumpy. It's perfect for building up my almost non-existent lashes.

To prevent smudging under the lashes I powder over any concealer or foundation. And while people who already have good lashes may find it too thick, that is not the case for me. It makes my invisible, short lashes visible and long, without looking fake. I can see how it might look fake if you are already blessed with nice long lashes. This is the best mascara I've tried in a long time. I will definitely be getting it again. I recently threw out some that were more than four months old and did nothing anymore. It's essential to get a new one when they stop working and this one is just great.

Update Aug 17/17: I have to modify my rave review. It is very difficult to remove with soap and water which is all I can use since I am allergic to all removers and cleansers. It does come off, but takes longer and is very resistant. Therefore I am rating it just "good", three stars. I am better off with my old fave, Hypnose Drama, which comes off easily. I'll use this now and then but not buy it again.

on 8/10/2017 5:13:00 PM

This is a great mascara. It is very black and gives great volume and length. It doesn't flake or smudge. Lasts all day. I think it is Lancome's best mascara.

on 8/10/2017 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this as a free sample. I don't think it is as bad as the reviews say. It is a wet mascara but I don't mind that. It can give you a false lash look. I am not sure if it is worth the money, but I do not think this is a bad mascara at all. I put down not repurchase but will update as I go through the tube if I think it is worth the money.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Was not impressed with this mascara at all. The Nordstrom sales associate recommended this when I told her I couldn't find a mascara that can handle watery eyes and oily skin. She sent me a sample when Nordstrom finally had them (Ulta had the first rights to this). This mascara is sooooo wet. Felt like it took forever to dry. Plus I had to wipe most of the product off the wand before I dared to try to even use it on the inner corner lashes. It's supposed to be smudge proof. It isn't.

I can't see spending money on mascara that I have to wipe off the wand before I use. That is a colossal waste of product. The search continues for no smudge mascara that can handle watery eyes and oily skin.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is a big NO from me. It's wet, clumpy, hard to apply and smears everywhere. The worst part is the aching, immediate irritation. WTF is in this stuff?!! I don't have sensitive eyes, but the second I put it on, I felt discomfort right away. I had to take it off after a few minutes because it hurt so much. This rarely happens. This mascara is mystifying for such a big, successful brand.

on 8/6/2017 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I am really impressed with this mascara. I got a sample size from Ulta and I think I might splurge for a big size because the volumizing and lengthening abilities of this formula are so impressive. I feel like I have false lashes on. It's so good. Like others have said, it is a wet formula but it dries very quickly so you can really build lengthen and separate. It does transfer slightly but it's comparable to most mascaras that aren't waterproof.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Monsieur is the latest mascara by Lancome...Makes me look like my eye lashes are longer...it does not smudge...
Very Nice mascara...

Big bold false lash look. Love!!

Popular Mascaras