Lancome Monsieur Big Volume Mascara

2.7

on 12/15/2017 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have sparse, short, straight, thin Asian lashes and love this mascara. It is clumpy and thick but that helps me out. 1 coat of this mascara and I'm able to curl my lashes and actually hold a curl. Unfortunately I will not buy again nor give it 5 stars since the brand is not cruelty free.

Let me start by saying I never write reviews but this mascara was so terrible I had to.

This product is an absolute mess. It flakes like crazy, smears all along the top of my eyelids and is beyond clumpy. Normally I'm a huge fan of wet mascaras but this one is just TOO wet - it gets all over my nicely blended eye shadow and on top of my lid. The clumps are also outrageous.

Bottom line, there are so many mascaras out there that are 100% better and incredibly CHEAPER than this one. Please, save your money!!!

on 12/3/2017 4:24:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I didn't buy it but I tried in the store and its.. WOW
it surely give big voluminous lashes but its over priced for me, especially that they retail it for 45-50$ where I live..

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is the best mascara I've used in a really long time. I see a lot of reviews saying that it smears but never has on me. Even when I sweat a lot. My co-workers thought I wore false lashes. I tried the smaller tube to test it out. Splurged on the full size and Prob a my will for a while. If I want EXTRA drama, I use 2 coats of this, followed by 2 coats of Maybelline Lash Sensation. It gets rid of any clumps and is super black.

on 11/20/2017 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Hated it.. BUT it really does make your lashes super long with 2 coats. Clumpy, flakes off, smudges and it says it lasts 24 hours? Um no, and it shouldn't. Anything that lasts 24 hours is probably going to be super hard on your precious lashes.The wand is big and bulky and it is really hard to apply because the formula is pretty wet and takes a long time to dry. Lashes stick together and it's really hard to use on lower lashes without it smudging all over the place. With this mascara you don´t really need a primer, it has plenty of volume alone. The brush was just way too thick for me. I prefer the thinner brushes like the one with Definicils .With this one I had mascara under my eyes and on my lids.This is just a big NO for me. Definitely try to get a sample before buying the full size.

on 11/20/2017 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got a deluxe sample size of this and I quite like it. It makes my lashes look huge and separated. I have fairly long lashes already so that may help. I can see it potentially being clumpy for others but I don't really have this problem. Not every mascara gives me the fanned out look, but somehow this one does in a very impressive way. I'd be hesitant to repurchase because of the stiff price tag and I tend not to splurge on mascaras.

on 11/17/2017 10:44:00 AM

Ugh. I had high hopes, having heard all the raves about Lancome mascara for years. This did NOT deliver. Wet, clumpy, messy, smudgy, YUCK. These are all words I think of when I think of this mascara. It smudges under my eyes like crazy, and the super wet formula gets everywhere. I have tried better drugstore mascaras. What a waste on this one! I ordered Hypnose, though. Here's to hoping it's better--but the bar is pretty low!

on 11/11/2017 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I STILL cannot figure out what the hype is over this mascara? I've used definicils and cils booster for YEARS and LOVE them both. I decided to try this because everyone was going ga ga over it...WORST Mascara ever! It was thick, wet and terribly clumpy! My BFF also bought it the same day I did and hated it too. I've been using mascara for over 40 years and have never one I disliked as much as this one. Are all those reviews for real? WHO could like this hot mess?

I love this mascara, and I am a mascara junkie. I like Benefit Rollerlash, Diorshow, and there is one Arden that is good, but this is the best. I haven't had any problems with this, no smudging or flaking, and it looks great. It doesn't clump and the brush is easy to use.

on 10/25/2017 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

To preface this review, I love big lashes. Clumpy, black, ott; I'm all about that look. I also don't expect one mascara to do the job, I always layer two. I was previously using Chanel Le Volume wp with UD Troublemaker on top, and got this to replace the Chanel. It's not terrible. It does a great job of separating the lashes and is a good inky black color. I haven't had any issues so far with wear (flaking, smudging). I could never wear this on its own, however. It gives a very natural look which I am not interested in. I also suspect it irritates my eyes a bit before it dries down, but after a few minutes that goes away.

I will update this review as my tube dries out with age.