Lancome Monsieur Big Volume Mascara

Monsieur Big Volume MascaraMonsieur Big Volume Mascara

2.6

on 10/22/2017 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

A good mascara. Doesn't really curl my lashes, lifts and makes my already good lashes look like they have mascara on.. doesn't really elevate them to the next level.. impossible to remove. Gets the job done but not worth the price

on 10/19/2017 3:44:00 PM

Disliked it a lot. Got it on sale for 15 euro and even that was to much. Its gunky and gummy textured, practically impossible to remove. Worst of all it doesnt look anything special. It doesnt harden so thats a good thing..

on 10/17/2017 8:03:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I have only tried the deluxe sample size of this from a code on Saks.com but after a couple of weeks' use, I am impressed! I love the Christmas tree shaped brush and did not experience any flaking or smudging. Flaking and the subsequent eye irritation it causes is the biggest reason I dislike mascaras, so I was pleased with the wearability of this one. It coats my lashes well in one or two coats, separates my lashes nicely, and stays on all day without leaving a crispy feeling on my lashes. Other than the foolish name and high price tag, I really like this one. Hopefully this will show up soon in a Sephora mascara collection as a sample with a certificate for a full size included.

on 10/9/2017 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have used Lancôme mascara for 35 years and have always loved it. I was told by sales person that I would REALLY love this new one. Within two weeks, my eyeballs looked like they were on fire, and a third of my eyelashes fell out. Unfortunately I tossed the receipt and therefore can't even return it. What the heck, Lancôme?!

on 10/17/2017 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhjjhhhhhjhhjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhhjhjh

on 10/16/2017 3:45:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Hate the name, love the mascara! The wand is a pretty standard Christmas tree type bristle brush, and the mascara is unscented. The wand isn't too big or too small, so application is quick and tidy. It fans outs and makes your lashes look incredibly full. It's more of a wet formula, but it's also not clumpy.

It stays on exceptionally over a 12 hour day. I'm a one-coat girl, and this gives me fabulous definition and volume that lasts all day. It's my favourite "high-end" mascara but not something I'll regularly purchase because of the cost.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this ad a free sample from Macy’s when I ordered my inglot 77/25 eyeliners (gel/liquid). I love this mascara. It’s nice & wet. I love the squirrel tail brush. It’s not something I would buy I only buy WP mascara but I love my sample will use it up definitely. It’s very nice but I require WP because my eyes are watery/Rheumy. Lancôme makes great mascara my Lancôme WP definicils is HG, TF BTS WP, & L’Oréal lash paradise WP. There are a few non WP I like but those are my top 3. I also use Chinese no name WP mascaras from Ebay. I am a mascara junkie.

This mascara is really wet, thick and clumpy. To be honest it won't work on Asian lashes. It just weighed it down and my curl literally flopped after 15 seconds. Did nothing for me. It's not the mascara fault, it's just my type of lashes aren't suited to this mascara. If you have naturally long fluffy lashes this will work. I feel like they purposely used women with naturally long lashes to demonstrate the before and after. The brush is nice though, it's big but spiky so you can work it into the roots.

Now if...they made a waterproof version using the same formula of Grandiose waterproof then this will break the internet. I don't get why Lancôme never make waterproof versions of new mascara launches, Maybelline and L'Oreal do it with no problem, I had to wait 2 years for them to make a waterproof version of Grandiose. Waterproof mascaras are a must for skimpy asian lashes imo.

Update: Didn't really work as a layering mascara, still weighed it down, I will stick to my HG Grandiose waterproof mascara.

on 9/28/2017 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was standing in an endless line at Ulta, and saw this Lancôme mascara, I asked the girl behind me if she had tried it, and she had, and loved it. Hmmm she was wearing not a stitch of makeup on that day. I probably asked the wrong person, but, I bought it. This is the crappiest HE mascara I have ever used. The brush is weird, deposits dots upper and lower (I don't mascara the lower lashes) and the first day I attempted to apply it, there was nothing that really showed. It reminded me of the old Maybelline Great Lash where it would deposit a bit of mascara, but nothing was left at the end of the day. When I cleaned up the dots I got, it didn't smear or dot additionally. Pretty much anything is better. I prefer UD Perversion, Tarte Tartist Lash Paint and Julep Length Matters. Even L'Oréal Voluminous is miles better. UGH, and didn't they miss the boat on Monsieur Big? Seems like that would have been more appropriate back in the Sex and the City days.

on 10/8/2017 5:00:00 AM

Can't believe these poor reviews... I haven't bought a Lancome mascara in over 15 years, have just had really good luck with several Rimmel, TheBalm, and some Maybelline mascaras, and just never felt the need to spend $25 again on mascara since discovering a few drug store good ones... I'm pleasantly surprised by this mascara. The girl at Sephora talked it up real good, and I bit...im not sure if I would buy it again, it does hit all the key points I need in a mascara; good volume and length, no flaking, not too wet or too dry, and has a great wand.. but Mad Lash by TheBalm is about $18, and I think it's a bit better than the Lancome... This is definitely an above average mascara, and I definitely recommend.