Laura Geller Cover Lock Foundation

Laura Geller Cover Lock Foundation

on 9/19/2017 7:42:00 PM

A few months ago I came into Ulta seeking out Estee Lauder Double Wear, but one of the associates told me that they didn't carry it at this exact location. No problem, so I asked if there was a similar product. She directed me to Laura Geller Cover Lock. Honestly, I don't know if I had some sort of hopefulness that this would do all the things Double Wear would do, but I bought it. I look like grease ball when I wear this, and I feel like i have to put a lot of setting powder on to control that. I LOVE a dewy look, don't get me wrong, but for some reason I just felt greasy. Shifted around very easily as I put blush on my face too, which I didn't love, and would have to go back and fix it every time.the shade range wasn't spectacular for my skin tone, I found all colors I dried gave me a pinkish reddish undertone that was visible, and I'd have to blend it waaay down my neck. Honestly, there's nothing special about this product that stands out for me unfortunately.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love a full coverage finish that lasts all day. I have oily skin but prefer a more luminous foundation that I can easily set that way I don't look too dull or cakey. This is exactly that. My acne, redness and dark spots are completely masked without looking heavy. The only gripe I have is that this is so tacky that it transfers way too easily making setting and baking a must. Although I need to touch up throughout the day this is by far way better than looking washed out despite not needing to re-touch anything. When I do touch up my pores look small and very smooth. I would think dry skin would love this and oily skin would need to be ok blotting often, although for me it's so worth it.

on 5/22/2017 10:02:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this foundation. Great coverage and staying power. A little goes a long way!!!! The colors look orangey in the tube, but on the skin, looks great. If you need full coverage without the weight of a heavy foundation, you will like this. At $38 for a tube, it is pricey, however...the tube will last you a VERY long time.