Urban Decay JEAN-MICHEL BASQUIAT TENANT EYESHADOW PALETTE

Urban Decay JEAN-MICHEL BASQUIAT TENANT EYESHADOW PALETTE

1 review

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The Basquiat collection was not something that originally interested me at all. I didnt want the Gold Griot palette because I have enough brown eyeshadows already and I did not want the Tenant palette because when I saw pictures of the palette online I thought it looked like a repeat of the electric palette which is a total anti-haul product for me: it just does not appeal. However that completely changed when I saw these palettes in store! Tenant is actually a beautiful and wearable jewel palette not at all neon as I had though. Pretty soon I had it in my possesion and very nearly came away with the Gold Griot as well! Yikes! Shade by shade:

Studio- lovely soft matte pink transition shade. Some online have complained about the poor quality of Studio but that is certainly not the case for my palette. Mine shows up amazingly well considering how close it is to my skin colour. And it's so creamy!

1960- not hot pink as you might think in photos. I'd describe it as more like a bright candy pink. Good for a more daring crease colour.

Neo- Rich plum with a hint of shimmer. This is another shade that recieved complains. Well I guess UD have some quality control issues going on because the one in my palette is stunning.

LES (lower east side) - black satin. A bit patchy, the weakest shadow for me. I would have prefered to see a silver or a rust rather than a just-ok black. And since unless you're into wearing rainbows on your eyes this probably won't be a palette you'll be using to create looks alone, there was no need to throw a basic black shade in there.

Graffiti - gator green shimmer. Right up my alley!

Exu - thankfully not the yukky pea soup colour it looks in photos but rather a pretty shimmery periodot green.

Boom - an unapologetically 70's/80's matte teal. I might have bought it for this shade alone!

Untitled - a unique matte blue thats somewhere between navy and royal blue. Does stain my skin some.

To be honest the reason Im not giving this 5 lippies is because the whole Basquiat theme rubs me the wrong way. I think its the fact that the guy is not around to have any say in his colaboration. I'm sure this was not Wende's intent, but it strikes me as exploititive. I like the idea of making art more accessible, but were there really no living artists for them to colab with? So for this reason it only gets 4 lippies, even though the shadows and the artwork are beautiful.

Top Rated Palettes