Guerlain Mon Guerlain

Filtered by age: 36-43
Guerlain Mon Guerlain

4.3

I love Guerlain fragrances but with Mon Guerlain I was not into it. First, I didn’t like the whole big bucks ad campaign. Also I’m not fond of the spokesperson I just don’t feel like that was the right fit. So I was being snobby I guess because I love Shalimar, Samsara, Shalimar PI, and I like the soufflé 2014 perfume. So when I recieved a sample of this I just added it to my sample collection. Finally after seeing so many good reviews I said to myself try the sample. If I dislike it I have nothing to lose. I loved it! I know this is a commercial scent or one that is mass marketed and that was something I didn’t like but times change and a good fragrance is a good fragrance. So I bought the 3.3 ounce bottle and I don’t regret it one bit.

I love vanilla especially the way Guerlain does it. This does lean gourmand but this to me isn’t foodie vanilla at all. It’s a creamy, delicious, well done one. The lavender in this is very good it’s spicy but sweet. Mature but has a youthful vibe. The bergamot I don’t get to much except for the lovely citrus in the opening but I do not get a strong bergamot note, I read that’s due to new guidelines on bergamot oil. Nonetheless I like how this opens! The lavender together with the citrus smells so good, clean but spicy, yet, not too clean. Something about it is cozy too. The middle is lovely the iris isn’t standoffish as sometimes it can be. It is soft and beautiful, I keep catching whiffs of the Jasmine and no, it’s not not super strong or indolic at all. These two flowers intertwined with the rose which I do not smell but I think it’s how they go together that makes it so gorgeous!

Finally the base ah the vanilla I don’t get vanilla ice cream but instead a lavender vanilla desert that smells so good you almost don’t want to eat it because it just looks so pretty. I see on Fragrantica that they have added the notes patchouli and Licorice and I don’t smell either. Instead I get the vanilla obviously with some benzoin which I think adds to the vanilla combined with the tonka and sandalwood I just adore this! Because you can still smell the lavender in it when it totally dries down. But it’s so lovely it’s like a spicy vanilla, lavender delight! I also get a Shalimar vibe and can smell Wasser’s guerlinaide which I personally love.

So for me Mon Guerlain is beautiful it’s made for mass market but at the same time you can still tell this is Guerlain and it has Guerlain’s quality written all over it imo. I love it! I wish they’d come out with an intense version as I like my scents loud and this one is quite gentle. So, it is great for work and for me I wear it daily I find it to be perfect no matter what I’m wearing. Also this is great with all seasons I think. I also like it for day wear, the sillage is moderate on me and lasts for hours on my skin. I’m so happy I gave this scent a chance because I now love it. I’m glad I put aside my preconceived notions! This to me is a delicious fragrance that has just the amount of sweet and spice. I would like the shower gel and lotion too.

I also love the packaging and the spray nozzle on this is so perfect! It applies the perfume so evenly. Not too much not too little. I love the acid etching on the bottle, very old school like the vintage Shalimar. Love that they use the Jicky quadrilobe bottle as well. The pink juice suits it perfectly so feminine. Overall I love it! It gets a lot of compliments and makes me feel good. Love!

on 2/23/2018 8:48:00 PM

I hate to rain on this parade. And even more so, I hate that I was right to have trusted my instincts. I didn't like Guerlain "selling out", "cheapening" their brand, I didn't like the choice of Angelina Jolie trying to be the modern day Audrey Hepburn. I'm sorry but Audrey Hepburn allowed herself to age naturally and lived through the war, and had qualities that I just don't see in any actress today and certainly not AJ. But I chastised myself for being a fusty old fuddy duddy. It had lots of great reviews and I liked the idea of a high end elevated version of a homely vanilla scent. Let me tell you: I prefer my Demeter fragrance library Vanilla Ice Cream to this!!!

OK When this perfume is first sprayed, it has a promising start. There's licorice and a green fresh blast which gives it an interesting take. However after at most ten minutes, this settles into a sweet musty cigar type scent and I swear I smell like one of those old over groomed men who have over shined shoes and over shined hair (what's left of it) and smoke a pungent cigar. It's sickly sweet and smokey but not in a leather smoke way, in a very musty overwhelming sweet smoke. When my grandpa died my grandma said she missed the smell of his sweet pipe smoke wafting through from the TV room. Maybe this would appeal to her. I like the smell of pipe smoke too, but I don't want to smell of it and this is a very sickly version of it. A few times I wore this to the gym and I thought, ugh why do people smoke before they come to the gym? And then with horror I realised it was my perfume!

I really don't like this and I've just put it up for sale. I blind bought this (yes very foolish!) but it was on offer with the maxi lash mascara which I love and use daily and I figured the notes sounded good, I liked the sound of lavender (which sadly is weak at best, to me) and ultimately it is Guerlain after all. But I just don't like this. I like l'heure blue and jicky and possibly others but I didn't like la Petite robe noir and I should have known (albeit I suspected) that this was more of the same mass market trash. I don't want to be a snob but this just smells really generic and doesn't smell like a high end perfume to me. It smells try-hard and over fussy but at the same time very dupeable. I can't smell individual notes at all once it settles down. If it could retain the initial promise of the first blast then I'd probably warm to it. Very disappointing purchase. I wouldn't recommend it but I am a perfume connoisseur and I am willing to invest in high end fragrances when they are really individual and special. I mean, I wouldn't spend hundreds or thousands but I spend around £70 or so on Hermes that I love and rebuy in bulk at duty free. If I was drawn to this fragrance I'd get it for a fraction of the price. The Demeter fragrance I mentioned above has notes of vanilla and ice cream cone and creaminess and although it's a EDT the notes stay distinct throughout. This is supposed to be an EDP but I felt it had poor wear time. For ten minutes it smelt great and vibrant and unique, then it fades to this sweet musky mustiness which I hated, but within 3 hours - at most- it's gone completely. The bottle is very beautiful, I will give it that.

Got this as a sample from Sephora and I sprayed it on myself and was like WOW. My husband kept telling me how great I smelled. I am not a perfume expert at all but I love this and has to be to me the best fragrance for me. I get compliments wearing it, not too overpowering and it does stay. I wish it were less expensive but I have been buying the small bottles and samples on ebay to get me by until I can splurge on a big bottle.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Edit 3/21/18: I didn’t end up getting this until today when Macy’s has a 15% off cosmetics/perfumes sale & it is so good. It reminds me of coco mad & LVEB a Little bit of GA Si. This is vanilla done amazingly. I don’t care if it’s mass produced—the juice smells good! Vanilla balanced w lavender & a bit of citrus. #awesome #mybdaygifttomyself —- Original review: i got a small bottle of this in a smaller sampler size totally FBW tomorrow will get at Ulta soooo pretty & sweet v strong but beautiful vanilla sooo sweet I <3 it like I said FBW what else is there to say?! #superawesome #winning #FBW

on 12/17/2017 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is the most Amazing Perfume I've ever had. Especially Escada by Escada used to be my favorite perfume all around. To this day Escada still is. But as soon as I tried Mon Guerlain I fell in love. The scents and notes on this perfume is beautiful. At times it can smell like a sweet candy but it doesn't smell cheap. It smells like a very sophisticated soft romantic scent. I've even put it on heavy layered and it still was not overpowering. I especially do not like vanilla scent, however this vanilla scent is very soft and in no way overpowering. The lavender scent in this is amazing. That's what caught my eye on this perfume with the amazing lavender scent. I originally got this as a sample from Sephora and then I spent 250 points getting the tiny bottle sample and then afterwards I went out and bought the most biggest bottles Sephora sold. Trust me if you're into Sandalwood, lavender and vanilla you will love this perfume. I've never owned a perfume from Guerlain and this definitely has to be one of the best buys I've ever done. Fyi this is stupidly expensive. I bought it when Sephora had it's 20% sale because if not it would of been almost $200 taxes and all!

on 9/21/2017 2:25:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This came across as a plain floral vanilla to me. Nothing original or special about it. It gave me a slight headache to be honest. Really disappointed because I love vanilla scents and wanted to love this one but it just didn't work for me. Would not repurchase.

on 8/27/2017 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Have just managed to acquire a 100ml bottle of this from a lady on eBay.
I have never had a perfume from the Guerlain house before, so certainly aren't going to be slating them for wandering off track to join the current trend of 'in the moment' scent tastes! I just take as I find. I had already sampled this perfume so knew i liked it, so it was not a blind buy.
Anyway, it's beautiful! Very feminine and yes it is a little sweet, but definitely not as sickly sweet as La Vie Est Belle which I also sampled and wore for a day. They do still remind me of each other slightly though, before the dry down at least.
LVEB made me feel a little nauseous, whereas Mon Guerlain does not. However, I will definitely admit that LVEB has far better longevity.
The bottle is simple and stunning and looks classy on your dressing table.
I am 43, but of all the samples I have had that my daughter (nearly 20) has also sniffed, this is the one that she also thinks is the nicest (along with LVEB) so I think it will appeal to anyone out their teens and upwards as it's just 'pretty' and feminine. It's not unique I guess, it's not quirky like Mugler scents (which don't do it for me anyway) but I can't see anyone really objecting to the way this smells.
Only downside like I say is the fact that it only lasts 3-4 hours tops on my skin.
Definitely recommend in terms of a lovely smell though!

This perfume has got a lot of negative reviews online. Just because it's a Guerlain does it mean it has to smell like the older Guerlains? There is a reason these type of perfumes are made these days and it's because there's a demand for them. I personally love it. I don't like the older style Shalimar or Samsara (my bad) so this one suits me down to the ground. I also love La vie est belle which Mon Guerlain has been compared to. They smell absolutely nothing alike at all. I bought a 50ml bottle but returned it to get the 100ml.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

What an unexpected surprise!
The perfume opens with a harsh lavender blast. The vanilla starts to peek through after the herbal lavender dies down. White musk and lime are the undercurrents giving this gourmand a backbone. Try it! It's beautiful.

This is my new signature, I have roamed the perfume world lost at sea , trying every perfume that exists really and then I got a sample of this . I find it a soft spicy vanilla fragrance . The lavender gives it a touch of masculinity that puts it apart from Black opium or flowerbomb . It has an aromatic quality as well ! I was dog sitting and I was hugging and kissing the dog . Later on I got a phone call from my friend saying ' wow my dog smells like your perfume , he smells great ! ' I had to smile because I was wearing Mon Guerlain . I thought it was gone but it lasts and lasts ...... Thierry Wasser is one of my favourite perfumers and he liked a few of my comments on Instagram about Mon Guerlain which I think is very nice . All in all a classy , beautiful fragrance for the modern women . If you love vanilla a must have !

Popular Fragrances