Guerlain Mon Guerlain

Filtered by age: 36-43
Guerlain Mon Guerlain

4.5

Got this as a sample from Sephora and I sprayed it on myself and was like WOW. My husband kept telling me how great I smelled. I am not a perfume expert at all but I love this and has to be to me the best fragrance for me. I get compliments wearing it, not too overpowering and it does stay. I wish it were less expensive but I have been buying the small bottles and samples on ebay to get me by until I can splurge on a big bottle.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a small bottle of this in a smaller sampler size totally FBW tomorrow will get at Ulta soooo pretty & sweet v strong but beautiful vanilla sooo sweet I <3 it like I said FBW what else is there to say?! #superawesome #winning #FBW

on 12/17/2017 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is the most Amazing Perfume I've ever had. Especially Escada by Escada used to be my favorite perfume all around. To this day Escada still is. But as soon as I tried Mon Guerlain I fell in love. The scents and notes on this perfume is beautiful. At times it can smell like a sweet candy but it doesn't smell cheap. It smells like a very sophisticated soft romantic scent. I've even put it on heavy layered and it still was not overpowering. I especially do not like vanilla scent, however this vanilla scent is very soft and in no way overpowering. The lavender scent in this is amazing. That's what caught my eye on this perfume with the amazing lavender scent. I originally got this as a sample from Sephora and then I spent 250 points getting the tiny bottle sample and then afterwards I went out and bought the most biggest bottles Sephora sold. Trust me if you're into Sandalwood, lavender and vanilla you will love this perfume. I've never owned a perfume from Guerlain and this definitely has to be one of the best buys I've ever done. Fyi this is stupidly expensive. I bought it when Sephora had it's 20% sale because if not it would of been almost $200 taxes and all!

on 9/21/2017 2:25:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This came across as a plain floral vanilla to me. Nothing original or special about it. It gave me a slight headache to be honest. Really disappointed because I love vanilla scents and wanted to love this one but it just didn't work for me. Would not repurchase.

on 8/27/2017 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Have just managed to acquire a 100ml bottle of this from a lady on eBay.
I have never had a perfume from the Guerlain house before, so certainly aren't going to be slating them for wandering off track to join the current trend of 'in the moment' scent tastes! I just take as I find. I had already sampled this perfume so knew i liked it, so it was not a blind buy.
Anyway, it's beautiful! Very feminine and yes it is a little sweet, but definitely not as sickly sweet as La Vie Est Belle which I also sampled and wore for a day. They do still remind me of each other slightly though, before the dry down at least.
LVEB made me feel a little nauseous, whereas Mon Guerlain does not. However, I will definitely admit that LVEB has far better longevity.
The bottle is simple and stunning and looks classy on your dressing table.
I am 43, but of all the samples I have had that my daughter (nearly 20) has also sniffed, this is the one that she also thinks is the nicest (along with LVEB) so I think it will appeal to anyone out their teens and upwards as it's just 'pretty' and feminine. It's not unique I guess, it's not quirky like Mugler scents (which don't do it for me anyway) but I can't see anyone really objecting to the way this smells.
Only downside like I say is the fact that it only lasts 3-4 hours tops on my skin.
Definitely recommend in terms of a lovely smell though!

This perfume has got a lot of negative reviews online. Just because it's a Guerlain does it mean it has to smell like the older Guerlains? There is a reason these type of perfumes are made these days and it's because there's a demand for them. I personally love it. I don't like the older style Shalimar or Samsara (my bad) so this one suits me down to the ground. I also love La vie est belle which Mon Guerlain has been compared to. They smell absolutely nothing alike at all. I bought a 50ml bottle but returned it to get the 100ml.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

What an unexpected surprise!
The perfume opens with a harsh lavender blast. The vanilla starts to peek through after the herbal lavender dies down. White musk and lime are the undercurrents giving this gourmand a backbone. Try it! It's beautiful.

This is my new signature, I have roamed the perfume world lost at sea , trying every perfume that exists really and then I got a sample of this . I find it a soft spicy vanilla fragrance . The lavender gives it a touch of masculinity that puts it apart from Black opium or flowerbomb . It has an aromatic quality as well ! I was dog sitting and I was hugging and kissing the dog . Later on I got a phone call from my friend saying ' wow my dog smells like your perfume , he smells great ! ' I had to smile because I was wearing Mon Guerlain . I thought it was gone but it lasts and lasts ...... Thierry Wasser is one of my favourite perfumers and he liked a few of my comments on Instagram about Mon Guerlain which I think is very nice . All in all a classy , beautiful fragrance for the modern women . If you love vanilla a must have !

Popular Fragrances