E.L.F. e.l.f. Illuminating Eye Cream

E.L.F. e.l.f. Illuminating Eye Cream

Water (Aqua), Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Butyrospermum Parkii (shea) Butter, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Carbomer, Trehalose, Triethanolamine, Bisabolol, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Disodium EDTA, Green Tea Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin

on 3/5/2018 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Oh e.l.f. You try to get into the higher end stuff...

I bought this with a big e.l.f. haul and hoped it would be nice. I did finish it up and it didn't cause any reaction on my skin which is pretty decent enough but it was just ok. I certainly wouldn't get it again at that price tag, and prefer L'oreal eye creams in the same range. I hardly notice anything from eye creams to be totally honest, but this really was just...moisturizer. Nothing special. I didn't have stinging but I also didn't notice less darkness or illumination. E.l.f. has some ok products but overall I find them meh. They're trying to get more into these niches with this line and the sport line but overall I just stick to them for brushes and the under eye primer.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I actually received this eye cream for free from E.LF., and I was hoping that it would end up being something that I would totally love, but I unfortunately don't! It honestly has not provided any major lightening up of my dark shadows around my eye area. It provides a temporary illuminated look to my eye area, but after I wash it off, so goes the brightening effect down the drain. Now, it does provides a level of hydration to my eye area, but I can get the same effect with any basic eye cream. Oh and I don't have any wrinkles around my eyes, so I can't personally speak on how it works towards combating such at all. And, because it is a cream, I have only applied it on the days that I have not worn makeup, so I can't speak on how compatible or not this is with eye makeup applied over top.

I don't think that this eye cream really is designed to do anything major. However, if someone is looking for just a basic eye cream to use, then this product is possibly worth giving a try.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to try a cheaper eye cream cause I ran out of my 38 dollar tarte eye cream and I didn't wanna spend that much on one again. I found this one and was surprised that it was only 10 bucks as eye creams are hella expensive. I have annoying dark creases under my eyes and I've been trying to get rid of them, also sometimes wake up with puffy eyes from allergies. I tried this after it got a good rating on the website but was wary of the reviews that say the cream irritated their eye area, because I have sensitive eyes, and tarte was gentler on them. After several days I've noticed a dramatic improvement on my undereye areas as they aren't as dark as they had been but now the stuff is starting to sting and burn my eye areas where I put the cream. Too bad cause I was loving the results.. I once got the sensitive eye cream by Burt's bees but it made me break out in milia on my dark eye creases. So I decided to get the soap and glory eye depuffing cream gel and see how that'll go for me.

EDIT 11/28/17: I've gone back to using this cream and the stinging went away. My eyes needed to get used to it I guess.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I recently started using Differin gel again after having used it as prescription several years ago. I had a pretty bad experience with it, but I also didn't take good care of my skin back then. This time around, I was prepared for the increase of dryness and sensitivity in my already sensitive, irritation prone skin. One thing I forgot to take into account was the fact that I don't use eye cream; instead, I just use my regular moisturizer/oil combo under my eyes. With the extra dryness from the Differin, I needed something a little more hydrating since the usual stuff wasn't cutting it anymore. I had some samples of more expensive eye creams that I used, but I wanted a full size product for when those ran out, thus the search began for an eye cream that moisturized well and also was cruelty free. I searched my local Walgreens, CVS, and Target, and nothing really spoke to me, possibly because I am just not an eye cream fan in general. Then I remembered that ELF has a skincare line that's also sold at Target, so I figured I could try this one and return it if I didn't like it. Again, my main concern here is addressing and preventing dryness and sensitivity in my eye area, so I haven't really been paying attention to any other claims or effects this product could have. However, when it comes to moisture this stuff is pretty good. It is lightweight and non-greasy, which is great since I find many eye creams to be either too thick or too greasy (and unfortunately a lot that I have tried are both.) It also absorbs nicely. I don't really think it lives up to the illuminating claim from the name, but it is a nice basic eye cream. I expected it to have a fragrance since it has cucumber extract in it, but it doesn't really smell like anything at all. The packaging is interesting and over-large, but it also looks very nice for a $10 product. If you're looking for an eye cream that offers hydration but feels light then this one is worth checking out. If you need wrinkle reduction, dark circle improvement, etc, then you're probably going to have to pay a lot more than $10 for a product and this is not for you.

on 8/10/2017 12:02:00 AM

I've been going back and forth about this eye cream and honestly - it sucks.

- It's $10
- Jar is nice looking
- From a cruelty-free brand

- Doesn't DO anything. My under eyes felt greasy and I noticed no improvement with my dark circles and I used it for the recommended amount of time.
- After the initial try-out, I went out on a trip and forgot the jar at home. Some period of time passed and I decided to try this again upon my return. Bad choice. It stung my under eyes and made my eyes extra watery. I had to wash it off of my face. This happened in the very beginning when I tried it just not as severe. There are multiple accounts of customers who've experienced this type of irritation on ELF and Ulta's reviews so I'm a little surprised there weren't any here.
- While the jar looks fancy, sometimes it's a pain to get open.

Look, I tried for a cheap eye cream and it looks like I need to look to more expensive ones. I'm a firm believer in spending a little more on things that will actually sit and seep into your face (serums, eye creams, toners) rather than things you can wash off (cleansers, exfoliates). This seems to be a sign I need to look at Sephora for a better eye cream to fit my needs or something. Really disappointed.

on 7/27/2017 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a pretty decent eye cream for the price. There is nothing particularly "wowza" about it - it is not a miracle cream - but it is great for basic daily maintenance to reduce the appearance of circles and puffiness as well as fine lines.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a sample in a recent E.L.F. order and have to confess to not being overly bothered about using it. Having never used any of E.L.F.'s skincare products before - and having experienced VERY mixed results from their makeup products over the years - I was sceptical that this would be any good. But then I ran out of my regular eye cream and as this was the only one I had in my stash at the time, I reluctantly used it.

I have to say this is a really, really nice eye cream and definitely not what I was expecting at all. It has a pretty thick consistency, so you don't need a whole amount to get good coverage around the eye area (about the size of a pea does a good job for both eyes for me) but it sinks in nicely and leaves my whole eye area feeling very moisturised and supple. It doesn't have any discernible scent, but what scent I can pick up on is very fresh in nature and not at all overpowering.

Although I wouldn't say this illuminates my eye area or has helped to reduce the appearance of my dark circles, what it has and does do is make my eye area look a lot smoother and more hydrated. As a result I've noticed my concealer applies much better and doesn't tend to settle in the finer lines around my eyes, and it's also help with the drier patches I sometimes experience at the corners of my eyes.

This retails for £12.50 in the UK from the E.L.F. website and based on my experience of the sample I've been using, I would definitely purchase a full-sized jar. E.L.F. have really upped their game of late - especially with the skincare offerings - and if this eye cream is anything to go by, I look forward to trying out some of the other products available in the range.

on 7/12/2017 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This product did not illuminate my under eyes. I still had dark circles under my eyes. I have oily-combination skin so I didn't really notice an increase in hydration.

I didn't see any difference with puffiness because I really don't have that issue around my eyes.

It did have a nice cooling sensation.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Unfortunately this made my eye lids burn, I have very sensitive eyes. Its a great price point and would be wonderful for someone who wants skin care but doesn't want to spend a small fortune on it.

on 5/25/2017 8:07:00 AM

I'm 35 with combo/oily skin but my under eye area has always been on the dry side. I find that if I don't prep it with additional moisture my concealer goes on cakey and settles into the fine lines. My eyes are also very sensitive, so a lot of products break me out in milia or make my undereye area burn. I haven't had any issues with this eye cream and I love using it as an undereye primer right before I apply my makeup. The price point is spot on and you get a ton of product. I enjoy using this and will come back to it eventually, but I'm always on the hunt for the next best thing.