Conair Diamond-Infused Ceramic Smoothing Hot Brush

3.0

1 review

on 11/20/2016 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a good alternative to the traditional flat irons. I wanted a quick and simple tool for straightening my wavy/curly 2c/3a hair type that was gentler than my flat iron so thought I'd give this paddle brush a try. Having multiple ceramic points that heat up and brush through the hair alleviates the dreaded bend mark you get if you happen to hold the flat iron plates too hard or too long when on your hair. It comes with 3 heat settings (low/med/high) with a maximum temp of 400F. I tested this out on medium (375F) on both my daughter and my hair and it worked pretty well. The only complaints I have is that the ends are not quite as sleek and smooth as using a regular flat iron and hair still has considerable volume - which is good if you have fine thin hair but I have medium/thick hair and like less volume when wearing it straight. I imagine less damage will occur due to the nature of the brush not clamping hair between plates so the trade off may be worth it. I did have to take multiple passes through each section (under and over) to achieve the level of straightness I was looking for. It does infuse a certain amount of shine from the ionic element, and I also found that I was able to work in much larger sections than my regular flat iron which sped up the process too (exactly what I was hoping for).

I don't think the very curly or kinky haired beauties would like this product but if your hair is anywhere between straight/wavy/soft curls you may really like this. It's quite affordable (approx. $70 CDN at Walmart) and easy to use.

Popular Hair Styling Tools