4.7

I don't know why I haven't reviewed this yet. I really love this brush and I have replaced my old Wet Brush that broke (due to my own mistake, not because the brush is poorly made) and even bought some backups. First off, one thing to note, the original Wet Brush had a more rubberized matte coating on the brush. The new ones feel like straight plastic. I found a rubberized version in the same color as my last Wet Brush at Sally's for a pretty good deal so it was okay. But I do prefer the old coating. It's irrelevant to how the brush functions, but it felt less slippery in my hand and it made less of a noise if dropped on a tile bathroom floor before. I guess the regular plastic was easier to print the novelty limited edition prints they offer. As for the brush, today I used my sisters brush to get out a tangle and it ripped my hair and hurt. I forgot how hard other bristles feel in comparison to the flexible, less firm brushes of the Wet Brush. The Wet Brush makes detangling a breeze. I even have stopped using my Tangle Teezer because it doesn't feel nearly as nice as the Wet Brush which has balls at the end of the bristles, while the Tangle Teezer just ends in somewhat point bristles with no protective balls on the tips. It's a pretty cheap brush, it comes in a lot of colors, but aside from the original rubberized version (in any color, but mine is bright pink), the only other one I like is the bamboo version. They don't have that on the Wet Brush site anymore which is annoying, but I found it elsewhere. The bamboo is quite cute. I sound like a nutcase having backups but really, I've been screwed in the past when something I liked was changed or went out of business so this way I will be stocked with good brushes for awhile. Lol. Either get these on sale or if you buy online, with a good coupon code.

on 5/14/2017 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

So far so good. I have the Ocean See Breeze brush which looks beautiful and like the rubber-like texture of the handle as it's very soft to the touch. I also bought The Wet Brush to replace my Tangle Teezer which has served me well for the las two years. I have to admit that this one feels more gentle for the hair but the bristles seems slightly too short for my thick hair. Apart from that I have no gripes and has maintained its shape well. That said I enjoy using The Wet Brush Shine more although I'm still pleased with the regular Wet Brush as well.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This brush seemed promising, as it was as gentle as a tangle teezer and came with a handle. Reading all the positive comments online i decided to try this.

I'm very disappointed with it.

First of all, the bristles are too flimsy and are individually attached to the base; meaning they can (and will) bend in all directions and eventually come off after a few uses. The place where roots of bristles meet the base has nicks that pull and damage strands. The entire brush looks cheap and old due to the bristles.

The brush does not detangle effectively. Bristles need to be a little more firm to go through tangles. It feels especially awkward on wet hair; i cannot even tell if bristles reached my scalp.

Needless to say, i had to replace mine with a good old tangle teezer aqua splash.

on 2/24/2017 6:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I'm a big fan of this brush, I expected not to like it as it looks like the standard paddle brushes that hairdressers have been attacking and snapping my fine-textured but thick, tangle-prone curls with for years. I used to use Tangle Teezers but ended up mainly finger combing as I would get so much breakage using them. Now I saturate my hair with conditioner in the shower, wait a few minutes while brushing my teeth, exfoliating etc, then I can run my Wet Brush through my hair with ease. Because the teeth are widely spaced I'm not getting every single tangle out, but it runs through my hair with out pulling and I can ease out the large tangles I do encounter.

My split ends have improved so much in the 3-4 months I've been using this brush. It has created a positive cycle for me - I used to dry-comb out severe tangles then wash and condition my hair; now that I can easily brush through my hair before rinsing out my conditioner, my hair dries with fewer tangles and I don't have such severe tangles developing to deal with before my next wash.

My brush is just now starting to look a bit well-used as it spends so much time damp and must have absorbed a lot of conditioner; I plan to replace it in a couple of months. It is well worth the price in my view.

on 2/16/2017 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This review is for The Wet Brush Pro. I used to love this brush and it is great! It detangles and smooths in half the time of an average detangling tool. I have fragile thin hair and this brush was my savior. Before this brush, detangling was very time consuming, painful, and damaging. I was a wide tooth comb user before The Wet Brush.

Now, however, I am in the search for a new detangling tool. My problem with The Wet Brush is that it falls apart at 6 months or earlier. I have gone through 4 brushes. The bristles loosen and fall out or they get pushed inside, and the brush becomes useless.

on 1/23/2017 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Have been using the paddle version of this brush for years - on both wet and dry hair. Love it! Super gentle, yet effectively detangles my thick hair. (I was looking for a gentle brush for my little long-haired dog, and found that the purse-sized Wet Brush is perfect for her!)

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I had my doubts about this because I gave into the hype of the tangle teezer and found it couldn't get my tangles out and took alot more work than a normal brush. I have super tangle, damaged/bleached hair and this brush has been a life saver. I never use it when my hair is wet though because brushing your hair wet can really damage it. So I use it dry and it makes brushing quick and painless. So so good.

on 1/12/2017 1:43:00 PM

Hated this!! The bristles are so weak and flimsy, I think The Wet Brush is probably only suitable for those with very fine or thin hair. If your hair is at all thick or tangly, pass on this. It's useless. Detangling takes FOREVER.

I recommend the Tangle Teezer Aqua Splash over this.

Won't buy it again.

on 12/16/2016 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

My review is for the Wet Brush Pro The Original -
After watching tons of YT videos I had to buy this for my daughter. She hates the comb but loves this brush and lets me brush her hair without whining or crying. It glides through her fine hair without pulling or tugging. I have this in both Original and Midi version. I love both of them. But dislike the baby one it pulls out the hair though. You can purchase the regular ones @ Target/BB&B/Walmart/CVS/Walgreens/Harmon with coupons.. But I bought my Pro brush at the local beauty supply store because they are made for the salons so the quality is much better. The brush handles have a sturdy matte finish vs the cheap looking plastic look. I highly suggest the Midi one for the car/travel, it is mid-sized 7" long brush perfect for the bags.
The Wet Brush Pro retails for 8.99
The Wet Brush Pro Midi retails for 6.99

on 11/17/2016 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Prior to this I was using the Tangle Teezer. My hair is very curly, long, dry and damaged from frequent bleaching/dyeing and gets tangled very easily. I purchased this after reading so many good reviews, and a few saying the Wet Brush was better than the Tangle Teezer! I must say I agree...I use this in the shower to brush my hair whilst my conditioner on and it's such a breeze. There is no tugging or pulling and it's so quick to brush my hair out (normally I'm in the shower for 10 minutes just detangling, with this it's more like 3 minutes). It's much easier to hold in the shower than the TT. I also find I lost a lot more hair with the TT and less with the wet brush.

I also use this to brush my 3 year olds hair (who hates having his hair brushed and sometimes complained the TT hurt)...his hair is curly and it's effortless brushing his hair with the wet brush. He doesn't complain of any tugging and his hair is so soft and shiny after using.

Expensive but I'd highly recommend.

Popular Hair Styling Tools