4.7

The brush is gorgeous, which I got in a pink/tan jungle theme. I really enjoy looking at it—I know that sounds really lame. Lol

Other than that, the brush does what it says.

Four stars because I’ve not experienced any discernible difference with my hair compared to the results yielded from other brushes.

I regularly (maybe once a month) wash my hair brushes. Most often, I put them in the dishwasher on the top rack. If I am unable to do that I will run an alcohol-soaked cotton ball over the brush. I believe in keeping these implements clean.

on 4/29/2018 9:16:00 PM

My daughter will only let me use these on her hair. Nothing else. Tbh it’s just like any other brush imo, the thing that makes it slightly better is it glides over most the tangles instead of ripping thru them. The bristles are very flexible with some give to them. I prefer wide tooth combs (the goody rake comb w/the handle) but my daughter doesn’t wanna sit forever getting her hair combed. We both have fine hair and the this the best detangling type of brush I have found.

on 2/4/2018 1:31:00 PM

This brush (JD Beauty Group) is for easy detangling - and it does just that. But, at the base of each bristle where it meets the pad, there is some kind of barb-like protrusion. Sharp as all get-out. Like when you clean the brush you sure don’t want to run that “needle” under your finger nail. What the heck is that... And how many bristles, I don’t know. 100? So you’re running every strand of your hair with every stroke, over and over and over a huge number of “barbs.” The only thing worse than that potentially severe damage to every strand of hair is the unfortunate irony. Who the hell thought this “blue-print”/construction was a big thumbs-up... You better keep your thumbs up less they be pierced. Per the packaging: “healthier hair...no split ends and less breakage.” You’d think those barbs would undermine every goal the company lists...

on 1/1/2018 9:38:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I purchased this to replace my tangle teezer brush which I foolishly threw away recently because I thought I could find something better. I have long, naturally curly hair which I blow dry straight after washing, so my hair is a tangled frizzy mess when its wet. I also have very fine hair so I was looking for a brush that would gently remove tangles and prep my hair for styling. The Wet brush was tough to use, and it did not glide through my wet hair with any ease whatsoever. In fact it was very painful and caused me to pull out a lot of strands when using it. After a week or so, I thew it in the trash. I think this brush would only work for those with easier hair types (i.e. straight and/or short).

on 10/26/2017 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't recall ever being disappointed with a brush. For more than a decade I have purchased cheap Conair and drugstore brushes, which last for years needing only regular cleaning. The Wet Brush didn't last 6 months! Nearly half of the silicone/rubber/whatever material bristle tips have come off. When I tried to brush my hair this morning the rough bristle tips were scraping across my scalp. I don't brush hard. In fact, I typically use a wide tooth comb because I have fine hair, so when I use a brush I am gentle. That is how distinct the rough ends are. I will never buy this brand again. I have paid half the price for brands that last 4-5 times longer.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I bought a wet brush mini and I use it everyday. It's gentle on my thinning hair, and gets tangles out much easier than my old brush. It's affordable, and has yet to have any bristles break off. I might have to buy a full size one and take the mini one with me places because my hair tangles very easily.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I needed a new hairbrush recently, and I decided to purchase an oval Wet Brush since I'd heard good things about it. I have a lot of hair, but it is very fine and I color it a lot, so it is pretty delicate. I haven't noticed huge improvements in health or texture from using this brush, but it is definitely gentle and my hair is not breaking as much as it used to. I don't feel like I am tugging very hard to get through tangles whether my hair is wet or dry. This is just a hair brush, but it is designed to help keep your hair from being stretched and pulled too much, and it works wonderfully for that.

I don't know why I haven't reviewed this yet. I really love this brush and I have replaced my old Wet Brush that broke (due to my own mistake, not because the brush is poorly made) and even bought some backups. First off, one thing to note, the original Wet Brush had a more rubberized matte coating on the brush. The new ones feel like straight plastic. I found a rubberized version in the same color as my last Wet Brush at Sally's for a pretty good deal so it was okay. But I do prefer the old coating. It's irrelevant to how the brush functions, but it felt less slippery in my hand and it made less of a noise if dropped on a tile bathroom floor before. I guess the regular plastic was easier to print the novelty limited edition prints they offer. As for the brush, today I used my sisters brush to get out a tangle and it ripped my hair and hurt. I forgot how hard other bristles feel in comparison to the flexible, less firm brushes of the Wet Brush. The Wet Brush makes detangling a breeze. I even have stopped using my Tangle Teezer because it doesn't feel nearly as nice as the Wet Brush which has balls at the end of the bristles, while the Tangle Teezer just ends in somewhat point bristles with no protective balls on the tips. It's a pretty cheap brush, it comes in a lot of colors, but aside from the original rubberized version (in any color, but mine is bright pink), the only other one I like is the bamboo version. They don't have that on the Wet Brush site anymore which is annoying, but I found it elsewhere. The bamboo is quite cute. I sound like a nutcase having backups but really, I've been screwed in the past when something I liked was changed or went out of business so this way I will be stocked with good brushes for awhile. Lol. Either get these on sale or if you buy online, with a good coupon code.

on 5/14/2017 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

So far so good. I have the Ocean See Breeze brush which looks beautiful and like the rubber-like texture of the handle as it's very soft to the touch. I also bought The Wet Brush to replace my Tangle Teezer which has served me well for the las two years. I have to admit that this one feels more gentle for the hair but the bristles seems slightly too short for my thick hair. Apart from that I have no gripes and has maintained its shape well. That said I enjoy using The Wet Brush Shine more although I'm still pleased with the regular Wet Brush as well.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This brush seemed promising, as it was as gentle as a tangle teezer and came with a handle. Reading all the positive comments online i decided to try this.

I'm very disappointed with it.

First of all, the bristles are too flimsy and are individually attached to the base; meaning they can (and will) bend in all directions and eventually come off after a few uses. The place where roots of bristles meet the base has nicks that pull and damage strands. The entire brush looks cheap and old due to the bristles.

The brush does not detangle effectively. Bristles need to be a little more firm to go through tangles. It feels especially awkward on wet hair; i cannot even tell if bristles reached my scalp.

Needless to say, i had to replace mine with a good old tangle teezer aqua splash.

Popular Hair Styling Tools