no images

Reviews

3.0
from

10 months ago

Ok, good pigmentation, maybe little too powdery.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I have the 4 cool contours although I am warm/neutral and fair (NC20 Mac shade). I got these at a discount ($3 USD each) because they were "damaged" (small scratches). I have used these for my eyebrows and eyeshadows, not for contouring, so please skip this review if that is the review you're looking for. I'm a little confused by the color arrangement. Cool Porcelain (Break Up) and Cool Fair (Infidelity) are similar in that there's a lot of grey in both. I would describe them as brown-grey. Break Up looks similar to Mac's Omega but has more grey. I haven't used them as contours, rather to fill in my brows. When swatched Infidelity is darker, but when applied, the colours don't look very different (i.e. I forgot which eyebrow I put Break Up and Infidelity, and in natural light I couldn't work out which side was which). They both looked very natural for my sparse Asian eyebrows. If I had to repurchase, it would be the lighter one though bc sometimes I go lighter with my hair colour. Cool Medium (Complicated) and Cool Deep (Scandal) definitely aren't as grey as their lighter counterparts. I'm going to use them to darken my eyeshadow looks in the outer v. These shades are very pigmented. There's a lot of kick up of product in the pan. They're very smooth and blendable. It's very noticeable when doing comparison swatches to Mac Omega that for my brows, I'd have to apply Omega ~4x to fill it out vs 1x with the MUG but then I'd have to spend that time blending it out instead. From a price comparison, since I'm in Australia - Mac Omega = $26AUD (1.3 grams) vs MUG = $10USD (4.25grams). Even with the exchange rate and shipping, the MUG is cheaper. If you purchase a "damaged" product, it's even cheaper! I know not everyone would be comfortable with this option though. Anyway, I'm very pleased with the purchases, esp the 2 lighter shades for my brows. I am concerned it might be too grey for those using this is a contour, but since I am not cool toned I don't think I can really comment on this.

About reviewer (160 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBrown

3 years ago

Amazing. Such a buttery and blendable powder.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

3 years ago

So I have this and Love Triangle and Break Up which are the warm and cool shades for porcelain skin. The formula is nice, smooth and pigmented. A little powdery but not dry. Nice longevity. I struggle with the shades. Break Up is a brown grey. It looks like dirt on my face. It really needs a little pink and purple in the shade to make it look shadowy. That's what made NYX taupe blush so great. Love Triangle is very orange. I got it thinking worst case scenario I'd use it as a bronzer. I was hoping for something like Too Faced Milk Chocolate bronzer. But it is very orange on me. I think I need a neutral contour. The warm is too warm and the cool is too cool. I do think the online swatches are very true to color. I just didn't realize how it would translate to my skin. If I could return them I would and I'm not willing to spend any more money trying to see if the shades for fair skin would work for me. I LOVE my inglot 505 and 504. I'm going to stick with those. Edit: 02/23/17 so I'm softening up on my review a bit. I have continued to try and make these work. If I pair them together they are ok. I do a slightly heavier dab in break up and blend out with love triangle. It looks pretty good that way. They do have good longevity. I'm a nurse and frequently wear masks all day and it was still on my face at the end of the day which I find incredible. I still prefer my inglot and I don't think I'd repurchase because neither color works alone on me AT ALL. While I mix inglot a lot I can wear either shade alone and they look nice which I cannot do with this. I do like the formula. If she made more colors I think I would try those. Edit 10/04/17: I’m eating my words a bit. I’ve found myself reaching for these over my Inglot lately. I don’t know if I tanned a little over the summer of what (I don’t tan btw), but I’ve really been enjoying these. I use mostly break up and blend out with a little love triangle. The formula is smooth and pigmented and long lasting. I do wish she had a more neutral shade but I mix tons of others powders, why not these.

About reviewer (541 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral