MAC Cosmetics Selena Techno Cumbia Bronzer Blush Combo Compact

No Image

4.5

on 12/30/2016 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm NC42 and this is gorgeous!!! I thought the blush would be too light but it goes in brilliant! The contour is very pigmented so don't use too much. It's not a bronzer so if you try to use it as a bronzer it will look muddy. Pop it in the hollow if your cheeks and it lasts all day. Love pulling out the compact too, really pretty.

on 10/31/2016 12:35:00 PM

I was one of the unlucky ones who didn't get the limited edition MAC Selena collection because it was sold out but I bought the entire collection (minus two products) off of eBay.

I was concerned about the Techno Cumbia Compact, because some tutorials I saw said the color made you look muddy, dirty, or like you needed to wash you face. (They had lighter complexions and so do I.) The were pretty heavy handed with picking up the product on their brushes and on their faces so I figured I'd try myself since I don't apply my makeup that way.

I used a big fluffy brush lightly patted on the bronzer and then lightly swept all over my face for an all over glow. I wasn't using it for contouring. It looked great, like Benefit's Hoola (which can look dirty) only lighter. The blush was nice. It gives just a touch of color, not a big impact though.

It would have been nice if there were separate bronzer and blush compacts though. There is very little blush in this one and the configuration means you have to be a little more careful with your brushes on the compact but it's not a deal breaker. Overall, I love it. The packaging is pretty and the mirror is a nice added touch.

The entire collection comes out again in January. I'll be replacing mine. This is one of my favorites of the collection.