MAC Harmony

MAC Harmony

4.4

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was my first MAC blush & I've kept 1 in my stash at all times. This is my fave MAC blush prob fave blush ever. It is similar to NYX Taupe. It is a hybrid bronzer blush. I am NC20. This is simply amazing. It's not too warm nor cool. Totally neutral.

on 8/26/2016 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the PERFECT bronzer yes bronzer for light/medium skins that tan red. Basically any ruddy person looking like they got some color. All brown or Orange bronzers look artificial on me since my whole body red-tans, not just tans. This is matte. I usually don't mess around w contouring and such just use as a typical bronzer... But sometimes I'll put a little lightscapadea skin finish on the high points of my face with this. It's totally matte and extremely pigmented. Will always have it!

To Read all 199 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/6/2016 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amazing color! Super blendable and it's ideal for bronzing and sculping...

Harmony is my go-to blush/bronzer/contour all in one. On my N15-20 skin, a sheer layer looks like a soft, pale brown, but adding another layer transforms it into a beautiful ruddy rose color that looks like one just had a great frolic in the sun. I'm not sure how it does that seeing as it looks like a kind of boring beige in the pan, but it does magical things on the skin.

Absolutely beautiful shade. And it's so pigmented too, it's crazy. Harmony looks particularly beautiful with deeper nude, warm brown, and wine-colored lipsticks, as well as complementing more intense eye makeup looks as well, since it can be quite an understated blush if you want it to be. 10/10 for versatility.

on 2/11/2016 12:20:00 PM

Man! I had this blush for contouring/bronzing for AGES now. I hated it, depotted it to stick in a corner, never to use again. But lately, I've had a change of heart. I suppose it's a woman's prerogative to change her mind... ;)

For reference, I'm NC15, and I usually use MAC Next to Skin, or NYX Taupe for very cool contour shades.

This is a very warm contour. It requires a light hand. I disliked it because I used to be extremely heavy handed and I never believed a contour could be "too ashy." However, a warm contour does change and 'harmonizes' a lot on my yellow-based skin. It's still not one I'd pick up every single day, but I actually utilize it now.

I do prefer MAC Taupe by a smidgen, but these two shades are basically sisters in the same family.

on 12/26/2015 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is one of my most frequently used makeup items. I don't use this as a contour or blush (I find it too warm on my NC20 neutral skintone) but as an eyeshadow. Beautiful all over the lid, in the crease, as a transition shade, light wash of colour...it's a warm mid-brown rosey shade, if that makes any sense. A lot of browns look muddy on me but the rosey warmth of this is so flattering. Makes my green eyes pop and even when used by itself, it makes me look put together with virtually no effort.

on 12/13/2015 10:39:00 PM

I had heard this was a good contour color for fair skin. I'm an NW15, and I went to Nordstrom's MAC counter intending to try the tester. However, there was no tester and there was only 1 Harmony left for purchase, so I bought it. It is much too dark for me! It is way too warm for me to use as a contour color (I normally use NYX taupe, which is a little bit lighter, and much cooler). As for using it as a blush, the SA warned me that I should use a "light hand" when applying this. The lightest hand on the planet isn't going to make this blush work for me. I used my MAC 168 blush, and had to blend so much, my face was all red, but the blush was still. . .much too dark. It seems like it would be a good blush for medium to dark skinned people looking for a rich warm brown blush, thus, 3 stars.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was everything I wanted Tarte's Exposed to be. A neutral brown, pink color. Exposed was just pink on me. It looks boring in the pan but gorgeous on the cheeks. I know many people also use this as a contour but it leans pink on my skin tone so I'm content with it with as a blush. The longevity is like any other MAC blush, 4 or 5 hours. This is definitely one of my favorites

on 8/13/2015 4:02:00 PM

I use this as a contour, blush and transition colour. I'm fair so if I use too much, it pulls really orange and makes my face look dirty. That is, if I use it alone. Paired up with blushes and highlighters, it looks beautiful. It works well and does its job. I'm just not over the moon about this product. Impeccable staying powder though.

I wouldn't repurchase because I'm sure there are other products with similar performance for a fraction of the price.

on 7/16/2015 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Harmony is such an amazing multi-tasker- you wouldn't think that from looking at it though (as it doesn't seem too impressive until on). It's a blush, but some use it as a bronzer and also a contour (slightly too light for me for this purpose). I use this as a blush, however, I brush/apply in a "C" formation (upward), as if it were a bronzer - on my NC30 skintone this just works. The color stays true for me as well - not taupe or grey, not orange, just a subtle muted rose-beige shade. It just gives a nice hint of additional healthy color to my face.

The thing about Harmony though is that the change really does change depending on one's undertone - and that kinda sucks. I have seen it pull orange on some which is great if that's flattering for you but if it's not or if that wasn't the expected result and it did, that is no fun. So sadly it's not the kinda shade you should purchase without trying out first IMO. However, this is easily rectifiable by hitting the Mac counter and testing it out.