Lancome Cils Booster XL

Lancome Cils Booster XL
Cils Booster XLCils Booster XL

Aqua/Water/Eau, Oryza Sativa Cera/Rice Bran Wax, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire D'abeille, Stearic Acid, Candelilla Cera/Candelilla Wax/Cire De Candelilla, Triethanolamine, Palmitic Acid, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Propylparaben, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Simethicone, Rayon, Polyquaternium-10, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polycaprolactone.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Not sure how I feel about this. Hate that it's white. Mascara has to work hard to cover it up. If I let the primer dry and then put mascara on, the mascara doesn't really coat my lashes. The mascara kind of skims over my lashes. If I put mascara over this wet, then the mascara gets sort of 'dillluted'..not to mention very clumpy.

Why can't we just layer 2 different mascaras? Not sure of the purpose of a primer. Is it necessary? I have blond thin lashes and would love for it to work.

on 7/17/2017 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Ugh, no to this product. While it lengthens, it clumps like crazy and make my lashes stick together. I always have to wipe the excess to make it tolerable and have to separate my lashes afterwards. Too much work. I even tried to put just a little bit and be super light in my application (just one quick stroke) and it was still no good. I also hoped it'd help with keeping the curl in my lashes, but nope. The product seemed to weigh down my lashes too, so any curl I gave it went down immediately after applying the product. The only plus I saw to using this was that it helped against smudging (I have an oily eye area).

on 6/24/2017 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I had tried a white lash booster in the past and it was a mess, no matter how much mascara I applied, the white base could never be covered up and my mascara looked clumpy and gray. When I got this as a sample I didn’t expect much, but was pleasantly surprised. One or two quick swipes of this booster on each eye, then let it dry, curl (gently), then apply regular mascara and my lashes are super long, lush, and black. My regular mascaras are Maybelline Colossal Volum’ Express Waterproof on my top lashes and Maybelline Lash Discovery Waterproof on my tiny lower lashes. It can be really easy to overdo it so start with a light hand. If I have enough time after applying the lash booster, but before it dries, I pull a lash comb through to separate the lashes out. I’ve had a metal lash comb from Vincent Longo for years (I’m pretty sure the comb is discontinued). I was able to get another sample of this lash booster, but when it runs out or dries up, I’ll buy the full size.

I love this stuff! I have had great success combining this with definicils mascara, it really creates a beautiful look. I've also tried other mascaras and this stuff makes anything look great. It is white so in my view you have to make sure that whatever mascara you choose has great color payoff and that you apply it to fully cover. It is compatible with tight lining and combing through after use. Probably the best makeup application tip for this product in my opinion is to apply mascara right after you put this on, before it dries and before you do the other eye. I'm not sure if that is what Lancome says to do but it is the best way I've found. Don't let it get dry and then struggle to do mascara over it when dry. Hope this helps others!

on 3/16/2017 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it!!
Compared to the Dior eyelash primer (which was one of my favorites so far), this one does even better.
The product goes on smoothly, and indeed gives additional volume and length. Never thought a primer could do wonders, but I need to revise my opinion now that I discovered the Lancome cils booster.
The fact that it also conditions the lashes and can be used as an overnight cure (on its own) is a very good bonus.

UPDATE (!)
After about one month, the magic was gone. Instead of enhancing the lashes, it turned them down/made them look worse. So I decided to use it as overnight treatment. But o my god... in the morning, my eyes were swollen, they were itchy and the primer was kind of infiltrated into my eyes.
No more. Will turn back to the Dior primer.

on 4/12/2017 6:36:00 AM

When I first started using this I wasn't a fan at all. I found it made my lashes clumpy, and therefore putting mascara over the top just added to the clumps.

However, I've recently come back to it and found that it does make a difference to my lashes, compared to using mascara alone, and I use it before curling my lashes (make sure it is dry first!), which really helps to hold the curl. I used to apply it after curling and found it weighed my lashes down slightly.

I am not keen on the brush, and think that this would be much better if it had a smaller brush, or with wider gaps between the bristles (the brush design for the Volume-a-porter would be perfect for this primer to get the even coat and separation!) I think the trick is to start off applying sparingly, mostly to the base of lashes and not the tips, and to wiggle wiggle wiggle the brush as you comb it through!

I will persist, but not sure if I would repurchase - I might try looking for an alternative lash primer with a nicer brush.

For those who want really big thick lashes though, this would be great

on 1/17/2017 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This i just meh, in my opinion. It's the first eyelash primer I've tried, and decided on this one after reading reviews for several. It just doesn't change my lashes or mascara noticeably, so certainly not worth the price tag. Really disappointed, as my lashes are short, straight and not thick, so was hoping for a bit of magic. Can't compare it to other eyelash primers, but I wouldn't buy it again as can do without it.

on 3/8/2017 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Not a fan of Lancome's animal testing.
This really plumps up my wimpy eyelashes - it's actually shocking. The trick is to let it dry completely before applying your mascara. I've made the mistake several times of applying mascara while Cils Booster is wet, and it simply doesn't boost my lashes unless it dries first. Nice little applicator lets you detail your lashes perfectly. Got this as a GWP and wouldn't purchase due to the high price, lack of perceived need, and Lancome's animal testing combined.

on 12/20/2016 6:48:00 PM

Why didn't I review this sooner I just don't know?!? I adore this primer it's my favorite lash primer hands down and, I would say one of my few HG products. This primer makes my lashes look so long and full it's ridiculous! Plus I only need about 2 coats and it can make almost any mascara preform. My favorite mascara so to use with Cils is Definicils, Roller Lash, They're Real, and Cliniques high impact mascara to name a few. I never have to buy full size that often as on Sephora I always seem to find it through my points or through other promo's so I rarely have to purchase it. I would if I couldn't get it. I have 2 delux samples now and they last me ages. Excellent product that I love and my lashes are long but even so with this they just look so much better. Love it! Recommended.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Got it with my Sephora points. Doesn't see much of a difference with and without using this. Probably would not repurchase because of the price.