Lancome Cils Booster XL

Lancome Cils Booster XL
Cils Booster XLCils Booster XL

Aqua/Water/Eau, Oryza Sativa Cera/Rice Bran Wax, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire D'abeille, Stearic Acid, Candelilla Cera/Candelilla Wax/Cire De Candelilla, Triethanolamine, Palmitic Acid, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Propylparaben, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Simethicone, Rayon, Polyquaternium-10, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polycaprolactone.

on 1/17/2017 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This i just meh, in my opinion. It's the first eyelash primer I've tried, and decided on this one after reading reviews for several. It just doesn't change my lashes or mascara noticeably, so certainly not worth the price tag. Really disappointed, as my lashes are short, straight and not thick, so was hoping for a bit of magic. Can't compare it to other eyelash primers, but I wouldn't buy it again as can do without it.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Got it with my Sephora points. Doesn't see much of a difference with and without using this. Probably would not repurchase because of the price.

on 12/20/2016 6:48:00 PM

Why didn't I review this sooner I just don't know?!? I adore this primer it's my favorite lash primer hands down and, I would say one of my few HG products. This primer makes my lashes look so long and full it's ridiculous! Plus I only need about 2 coats and it can make almost any mascara preform. My favorite mascara so to use with Cils is Definicils, Roller Lash, They're Real, and Cliniques high impact mascara to name a few. I never have to buy full size that often as on Sephora I always seem to find it through my points or through other promo's so I rarely have to purchase it. I would if I couldn't get it. I have 2 delux samples now and they last me ages. Excellent product that I love and my lashes are long but even so with this they just look so much better. Love it! Recommended.

on 12/20/2016 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have Asian eyelashes that point downward. Without this primer, my eyelashes would constantly be depositing black mascara below my eye and giving me raccoon eyes. This helps a lot with keeping mascara on the lashes, as well as volumizing my sparse lashes. I use this almost everyday and it lasts me about a year.

on 11/9/2016 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely loved this primer. It is amazing it makes my eyelashes look super long and lush.

on 11/6/2016 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've gotten samples of this twice, and I will definitely buy full version when I run out. This stuff is amazing. It makes my lashes look much longer, holds a perfect curl, and my mascara goes over it perfectly. This is the lazy girl's way of getting a 'natural-looking false lashes look' without dealing with actual fake lashes (because who has that kind of patience? Not me!). The difference is really that noticeable.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this after reading lots of good reviews so decided to give it a go as I was wanting to buy a mascara primer. Unfortunately this did absolutely nothing for me, I tried it with several different mascaras and also tested the difference by applying it to one eye and not the other and both eyes looked exactly the same when I applied my mascara over it. I really wanted to like this but definitely not for me.

on 10/31/2016 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I've been a loyal user of Shiseido's mascara base for years but finally decided to branch out and try some other lash primers. This mascara base is decent and builds pretty good volume, working with most of the mascaras I've tried it with (Chanel Le Volume regular and WP, Hourglass, Maybelline Full n Soft, etc). However, I find white mascara bases to be fussier than the Shiseido, which is a greyish transparent gel that is much easier to work with. The Lancome is better than the Chanel mascara base, which dried out quickly and became tacky after several weeks of use, so at least it has that going for it. I put that I would repurchase this mascara base because it's a strong option, however I still prefer the Shiseido.

on 10/24/2016 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

EWWW! I had high hopes for this lash builder.

Hot and Flashy had such a nice youtube review of it and her fave mascara, Hypnose. Together the wonder twins of mascara. Yeah about that. I got the Hypnose Drama by accident. Not good. Together, they created even bigger clumps than HypDram can do on it's own, which is saying a lot. Maybe if I lost my mind and bought a regular Hypnose, it might have a chance, but I'm done wasting $ at Lancome. They have some star products I buy over and over but this isn't one.

Then I thought might make a good addition to my usual great volumizing, never flaky, never clumpy never itchy Clinique High Impact.

After all, it hasn't got the usual overpowering blast of rose perfume that Lancome dumps in their mascaras. that is a plus.

But it doesn't DO anything. And when I put it on, then let it dry a little and apply the mascaras, either of the 2 I tried it with, it seems hard to cover up, leaving little white streaks near the bases where I do have some trouble applying my regular stuff.

By the time I've covered up the White Out effect, I've got clumps. When it all dries into a hardened crusty mess around the eyes, it starts to flake a bit, even my non flaky Clinique! I hoped that the flakes were just the Hypnose Drama. Nope.

My Clinique High Impact Mascara is pretty voluminous on the first coat, second is even better. It almost never clumps, but it's not good with this. This makes it sort of stiff and hard. I like Clinique HI because it stays soft, doesn't flake, and lasts all day with really good volume and separation. With this lash booster, it clumps, it hardens and it flakes a bit.

By days end I can wash off Clinique High Impact easily, but with this under it, it resists washing with gel cleanser and water. I need a good eye makeup remover.

this is getting a toss, because it's just too high maintenance for me. I'm going back to my Clinique High Impact on it's own, plain, no enhancements.

on 7/1/2016 6:45:00 PM

I am completely underwhelmed. I bought this due to the rave reviews both on Youtube and from the girl at Ulta. I have tried it twice - once with Maybelline Lash Stilleto and once with Maybelline Define-a-lash. Each time I let the primer dry for just about 10-15 seconds before I put on the mascara (doing just one eye at a time.) While I do see more volume with the primer, the end result is that my lashes look kind of dry and thin. The volume I get with applying two coats of mascara vs. the primer and then one coat of mascara is actually better and the overall look is much nicer. For almost $28 (which included tax), it's going back to Ulta next week. The packaging was fine and the product went on well, which is why I gave it 3 lippies for each.

Update: I tried this one more time yesterday with a different mascara - Cover Girl's Professional waterproof mascara. I put the Lancome primer on one eye before the mascara, and then just put the mascara alone on the other eye. I asked my daughter to pick the one that looked the best (not telling her which one was which), and she chose the one WITHOUT the primer. I think my testing is done here. Bye bye, primer.

Popular Mascaras