Lancôme Cils Booster XL

Lancôme Cils Booster XL
Cils Booster XLCils Booster XLCils Booster XLCils Booster XLCils Booster XL

Aqua/Water/Eau, Oryza Sativa Cera/Rice Bran Wax, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire D'abeille, Stearic Acid, Candelilla Cera/Candelilla Wax/Cire De Candelilla, Triethanolamine, Palmitic Acid, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Propylparaben, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Simethicone, Rayon, Polyquaternium-10, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polycaprolactone.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This primer goes on white, and you are supposed to throw on mascara before it fully dries according to the instructions.

I thought my lashes looked better/too similar with no primer using the Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara.

CILS Booster could be good if you want some extra wax to hold a curl, or if you want to use it as a conditioner, but for me, it didn't do enough to justify me having to do an extra step in the morning.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The good:
- it does make my lashes thicker and slightly longer. Layering my favorite mascara doesn't give the same effect. With Cils Booster XL it looks like I have thick and dense lashes at the roots;
- I don't find it to be difficult to remove, nor to cover white primer with mascara. You shouldn't wait till the product is dried on your lashes, apply it on one eye and go with mascara right after, repeat on another eye;
- it doesn't make my lashes feeling stiff.

The bad:
- I don't curl my lashes, they are looking somehow upwards and I have deep set eyes, that makes them curler-proof. But Cils Booster weights my lashes down. Not much, but I see the difference if I apply it on one eye only.
- I'm allergic to something in this. My lashline gets red and puffy.

I would have loved to continue to use it, I love the effect, but it has to go back.

I guess this does a good job, but it makes any mascara I use over top of it turn grey. And it didn't make any more difference to my lashes than if I put on a second coat of whatever mascara I was using. Waste of money.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received a free sample and was excited to try this because my lashes are very stubborn and straight and go down. In order for them to curl, I have to heat my eyelash curler and hold in place until metal cools down and then immediately apply mascara. My holy trail mascara are YSL and recently Loreal lash paradise. YSL makes my lashes long and separate them.

I applied this primer and at first them looked beautiful and really big. I was so excited, but in less than 2 minutes, my eyelashes fell and were straight out. This product is too heavy and for me.. no go.

on 2/4/2018 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I actually use this more at night to condition my eyelashes rather than an eyelash primer. Love that it doesn't have mineral oil in it. I use to use Loreal's primer, but I can now get this Lancome primer in a mini size so I can justify the price. I am religious about never keep mascara or mascara primer longer than 2 months. The trick for a smooth application and to prevent clumps with any type of mascara which will be applied on top of this primer is to apply your mascara while primer is still wet. If the primer dries, then you will risk clumps.

on 1/25/2018 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Uhg. I was trying to replace my HG Dior primer since it wasn't available at Ulta and I was shopping with points. This is a total fail for me. My lashes aren't particularly fussy and this weighs them down like crazy and just makes everything a goopey mess. I've tried to let it dry before applying mascara AND applying mascara while this is still wet. Just does not work for my lashes.

on 1/24/2018 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I first tried this back in 2003 and did not like it and gave it a bad review in 2003. I saw it an decided to give it a new review because I have now used this for several years and it's the best I have found.

I was kind of surprised how much I disliked this in 2003 when I first tried it. Perhaps somewhere along the way, they tweaked the formula because I do use it and love it now. Over the years I've tried so many others, hoping to find one that conditioned my lashes and protected them from the harshness of mascara but didn't have the higher price tag. I do notice a marked difference in the health and length of my lashes when I use this. Mascaras can be harsh, some more than others and this seems to protect them from the mascara and also makes my mascara look much better and nicer all day long..

I have yet to find one that I like as much as this although I do think L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Primer for around $7-8.00 is very close. I do one eye at a time and apply mascara before it dries. Once it dries forget it, it's really hard to apply the mascara then for me.. I love the consistency of this, it coats them quickly and isn't too wet or too dry, I do not like the 25.00 price for 0.14 ounce price. I do think this conditions my lashes and they are much healthier with no breakage. It is white and you can see the white on your lashes, but it disappears once the mascara is on. Some of the cheaper ones from the drugstore I have tried, you could still see the white and it was hard to cover it. I always repurchase this when I run out and I keep a tube of the L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Primer as a back up.

DESCRIPTION:

Give your lashes an XL boost. With just one sweep, this innovative mascara primer glides on and evenly coats and smooths your lashes to maximize the results of your favorite Lancôme mascara. The magic behind this mascara base is the conditioning formula - featuring micro-fibers and vitamin E - to add extra length and thickness to your lashes for added visible performance to your mascara.

Benefits:

Lengthens and thickens lashes without clumping
Maximizes the results of your favorite Lancôme mascara
Protects and conditions lashes
Smoothes eyelashes by coating them thinly and evenly - emphasizing even the shortest lashes
Intensifies color of your favorite mascara
Micro-fibers
D-Panthénol and vitamin E
Triangular, thin-shaped brush
Provides a white base for mascara to cover

i find it to be okay its not something i see a major difference with so I wouldn't bother with an extra step plus find it a bit tricky to wash off.. plus dont like its white so if i miss a spot looks like i got eyelash glue on.. lol

on 10/18/2017 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I received this as a sign up gift to IPSY so I can't speak to price. I have a few lash primers (this is the only one with CILS) and out of them this works the best. As in it doesn't overapply or get chunky. It just gives my lashes a nice coat and a little length. I have noticed my natural lashes seem to be getting longer? A little weird as my lashes closet to tear duct seem to be growing faster than the rest. I really like using a primer because I seem to hit my skin less with the black mascara wand. I pair this booster usually with it mate mascara. I coat my upper lashes once then go in and do my lower. Then a second coat following the same path. While the rest is drying I start with mascara on the first part I primed. I never have any issues with clumping or mixing of the products.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Not sure how I feel about this. Hate that it's white. Mascara has to work hard to cover it up. If I let the primer dry and then put mascara on, the mascara doesn't really coat my lashes. The mascara kind of skims over my lashes. If I put mascara over this wet, then the mascara gets sort of 'dillluted'..not to mention very clumpy.

Why can't we just layer 2 different mascaras? Not sure of the purpose of a primer. Is it necessary? I have blond thin lashes and would love for it to work.