Lancome Cils Booster XL

Lancome Cils Booster XL
Cils Booster XLCils Booster XL

Aqua/Water/Eau, Oryza Sativa Cera/Rice Bran Wax, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire D'abeille, Stearic Acid, Candelilla Cera/Candelilla Wax/Cire De Candelilla, Triethanolamine, Palmitic Acid, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Propylparaben, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Simethicone, Rayon, Polyquaternium-10, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polycaprolactone.

on 4/12/2017 6:36:00 AM

When I first started using this I wasn't a fan at all. I found it made my lashes clumpy, and therefore putting mascara over the top just added to the clumps.

However, I've recently come back to it and found that it does make a difference to my lashes, compared to using mascara alone, and I use it before curling my lashes (make sure it is dry first!), which really helps to hold the curl. I used to apply it after curling and found it weighed my lashes down slightly.

I am not keen on the brush, and think that this would be much better if it had a smaller brush, or with wider gaps between the bristles (the brush design for the Volume-a-porter would be perfect for this primer to get the even coat and separation!) I think the trick is to start off applying sparingly, mostly to the base of lashes and not the tips, and to wiggle wiggle wiggle the brush as you comb it through!

I will persist, but not sure if I would repurchase - I might try looking for an alternative lash primer with a nicer brush.

For those who want really big thick lashes though, this would be great

on 3/16/2017 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it!!
Compared to the Dior eyelash primer (which was one of my favorites so far), this one does even better.
The product goes on smoothly, and indeed gives additional volume and length. Never thought a primer could do wonders, but I need to revise my opinion now that I discovered the Lancome cils booster.
The fact that it also conditions the lashes and can be used as an overnight cure (on its own) is a very good bonus.

UPDATE (!)
After about one month, the magic was gone. Instead of enhancing the lashes, it turned them down/made them look worse. So I decided to use it as overnight treatment. But o my god... in the morning, my eyes were swollen, they were itchy and the primer was kind of infiltrated into my eyes.
No more. Will turn back to the Dior primer.

on 3/8/2017 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Not a fan of Lancome's animal testing.
This really plumps up my wimpy eyelashes - it's actually shocking. The trick is to let it dry completely before applying your mascara. I've made the mistake several times of applying mascara while Cils Booster is wet, and it simply doesn't boost my lashes unless it dries first. Nice little applicator lets you detail your lashes perfectly. Got this as a GWP and wouldn't purchase due to the high price, lack of perceived need, and Lancome's animal testing combined.

on 1/17/2017 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This i just meh, in my opinion. It's the first eyelash primer I've tried, and decided on this one after reading reviews for several. It just doesn't change my lashes or mascara noticeably, so certainly not worth the price tag. Really disappointed, as my lashes are short, straight and not thick, so was hoping for a bit of magic. Can't compare it to other eyelash primers, but I wouldn't buy it again as can do without it.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Got it with my Sephora points. Doesn't see much of a difference with and without using this. Probably would not repurchase because of the price.

on 12/20/2016 6:48:00 PM

Why didn't I review this sooner I just don't know?!? I adore this primer it's my favorite lash primer hands down and, I would say one of my few HG products. This primer makes my lashes look so long and full it's ridiculous! Plus I only need about 2 coats and it can make almost any mascara preform. My favorite mascara so to use with Cils is Definicils, Roller Lash, They're Real, and Cliniques high impact mascara to name a few. I never have to buy full size that often as on Sephora I always seem to find it through my points or through other promo's so I rarely have to purchase it. I would if I couldn't get it. I have 2 delux samples now and they last me ages. Excellent product that I love and my lashes are long but even so with this they just look so much better. Love it! Recommended.

on 12/20/2016 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have Asian eyelashes that point downward. Without this primer, my eyelashes would constantly be depositing black mascara below my eye and giving me raccoon eyes. This helps a lot with keeping mascara on the lashes, as well as volumizing my sparse lashes. I use this almost everyday and it lasts me about a year.

on 11/9/2016 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely loved this primer. It is amazing it makes my eyelashes look super long and lush.

on 11/6/2016 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've gotten samples of this twice, and I will definitely buy full version when I run out. This stuff is amazing. It makes my lashes look much longer, holds a perfect curl, and my mascara goes over it perfectly. This is the lazy girl's way of getting a 'natural-looking false lashes look' without dealing with actual fake lashes (because who has that kind of patience? Not me!). The difference is really that noticeable.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this after reading lots of good reviews so decided to give it a go as I was wanting to buy a mascara primer. Unfortunately this did absolutely nothing for me, I tried it with several different mascaras and also tested the difference by applying it to one eye and not the other and both eyes looked exactly the same when I applied my mascara over it. I really wanted to like this but definitely not for me.

Popular Mascaras