Lancome Cils Booster XL

Lancome Cils Booster XL
Cils Booster XLCils Booster XL

Aqua/Water/Eau, Oryza Sativa Cera/Rice Bran Wax, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire D'abeille, Stearic Acid, Candelilla Cera/Candelilla Wax/Cire De Candelilla, Triethanolamine, Palmitic Acid, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Propylparaben, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Simethicone, Rayon, Polyquaternium-10, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polycaprolactone.

on 7/1/2016 6:45:00 PM

I am completely underwhelmed. I bought this due to the rave reviews both on Youtube and from the girl at Ulta. I have tried it twice - once with Maybelline Lash Stilleto and once with Maybelline Define-a-lash. Each time I let the primer dry for just about 10-15 seconds before I put on the mascara (doing just one eye at a time.) While I do see more volume with the primer, the end result is that my lashes look kind of dry and thin. The volume I get with applying two coats of mascara vs. the primer and then one coat of mascara is actually better and the overall look is much nicer. For almost $28 (which included tax), it's going back to Ulta next week. The packaging was fine and the product went on well, which is why I gave it 3 lippies for each.

Update: I tried this one more time yesterday with a different mascara - Cover Girl's Professional waterproof mascara. I put the Lancome primer on one eye before the mascara, and then just put the mascara alone on the other eye. I asked my daughter to pick the one that looked the best (not telling her which one was which), and she chose the one WITHOUT the primer. I think my testing is done here. Bye bye, primer.

This stuff is awesome! It has transformed my crappiest mascaras into something wearable. For instance, take Maybelline Volume Express, Colossal Volume. Maybelline mascaras seem to go from awesome to please include free mascara removing wipes or cleansers or something with this purchase because you'll take it off pretty soon after you apply it. Colossal Volume, for me, was definitely the latter. Grayish, clumpy, crunchy, invisible, smelly... the only thing I liked about it was that you could build it up into a bigger mess. But I thought I'd give it a last shot and buy a mascara primer. I did my research and came up with this. So when I was returning a foundation at ulta and saw this in the little travel size cosmetics kiosks that they have in front of checkout... I bought it. It transformed the worst mascara I have ever put on my eyelashes into a pretty good one. My lashes had volume and length and it helped a lot with the grayness. I will definitely purchase a full size when the travel size runs out. Its an absolute hg for me!

To Read all 438 Reviews, Login or Join

Wasn't as good as I expected. Does the job I guess but layering basic mascara could do a better job.

on 3/13/2016 11:55:00 PM

I've tried a bunch of other lash primers but always come back to this one. I love that it gives volume and length without loose fibres that irritate my contacts and it lasts all day without flaking. Definitely the best option out there and is worth the money.

on 2/17/2016 3:09:00 AM

I was totally surprised with this product.It really makes my lashes volumised and very long.And when comparing to the Dior Lash Primer(white one) this beats it right away,I mean I was very disappointed with that.Really wasn't expecting Lancome Cils XL Booster to be this good. I curl my lashes before applying it and it has a good wand too,not that rubbery that's in Dior one.Basic wand but a good one.It's white in color,mousse kind of texture.Easy to apply to lashes.Just let it dry before applying mascara. 5 stars absolutely! Will purchase again when it runs out.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok so paying 25 bucks for a primer is pricey, but it's worth it. Just gotta listen up. It's vital to use this with a rubber bristle wanded mascara, don't ask why, it just adheres better. I used Covergirl The Super Sizer and my lashes are so long right now they kinda feel like flapping butterflies. If I get close enough to my desk I can fan a post it note away (exaggerating, but you get the idea, they are crazy long).

I was actually about to toss this because I prefer those Christmas tree brush or teddy bear brush mascaras better. I was using Covergirl Super Thick Lash, which on it's own is an awesome mascara already. My sis gave me this primer for Christmas and I used it under and didn't really notice much. I would say it just kinda thickened them and made them look slightly fuller, no real dramatic change.

Then I decided to try a rubber wanded mascara for a more accurate review and holy smokes. I will totally buy this again. beside being incredibly long, they are also megathick. Perfect item if your into a real dramatic lash look.

This lash primer makes a good difference! I think it makes my lashes look more volumized for sure. Not a ton of lengthening for me. The white color gets covered easily by mascara. I paired this with Hypnose with good results and when my Hypnose looked dry, I tried it with a maybelline mascara and it looks good too. Does not contribute to clumsiness which is surprising!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Can not live without this product!!! I have short eyelashes and I use this everyday before mascara! It's amazing at providing length. It's conditioning as well and my mascara removes so easily . I have tried the Clinique one but this one is better!

on 7/24/2015 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

this lash primer does nothing for length but does very well at thickening up the root area of my lashes. gives pretty good volume but can get a little clumpy if you use too much.

on 7/16/2015 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I first bought this years ago and like it for when I needed that little something extra for my lashes. I have curly lashes already so it was more for the lengthening which is why I bought it. It does do what it says it does that is for sure. It makes me look like I have falsies on without the falsies which make my eye itch. I don't use it all the time but I definitely recommend it.