MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

4.1

on 5/6/2014 10:49:00 PM

OMG!!! Okay so...If you are not looking for lots of shimmer, this NOT going to be your go-to. HOWEVER, I love using this as a super shimmery highlighter. I have tried many, and this one is by far my fave. I just peel back a little of the protective covering that covers the dots where the powder comes out...That helps me not get a HEAPING amount of it at one time when I tip it over before using.

For daytime, I use this product dry with my brush. For a dramatic highlighter, I wet my brush with my spray bottle before I apply. It works wonders!!! I dust it on the tippy tops of my cheeks and go over the top of my eyes for a shimmery effect when I am in the mood for one! Would definitely re-buy, but would suggest trying it out at the MAC counter before purchasing...!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have tried several powder, cream, and liquid highlighters. This was one of the first highlighters I ever tried, and I didn't have it very long. It's a pale pink beige powder with big chunks of silver shimmer. I like shimmery highlighters, but this was overkill, and it wasn't very flattering. It accentuated my pores, and left me looking "greasy". I applied a tiny bit with a fan brush to the apples of the cheeks, and I found it all over my face, neck, and chest instead. It's in a standard loose powder container, so it can get pretty messy trying to put it on. I returned it. I think they just discontinued them, and now I know why.

on 3/10/2013 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I said "yes" to repurchasing this powder but "not sure" is probably more correct. I haven't actually bought this yet - I got a generous sample of this from the nice women at my local MAC counter. I've been trying it out for a few days and while it has an almost fairy-tale magic about it, I think it's a bit too glittery for me except in very small doses. Today, I applied this onto my cheekbones with a large eye shadow brush (so I could control where it went). It was daytime and the sunlight from my bathroom window really showed up the silver glitter. I think it's probably not the best idea to wear this in the daytime (unless you are a skater in the Ice Capades or something like that!). But for a romantic candle-lit dinner, I think this would be really pretty and I also like it in small doses on my cupid's bow and inner corners of my eyes. Once I finish my sample, chances are pretty good that I'll buy the full size of this to use for special occasions (and give the lion's share of it to my much younger daughter!)

on 7/18/2012 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Super-fine, dewy-soft dust with lots of silver flecks, that goes on predominantly white/pearl despite the faint pink hue in the jar; better for women with lighter skins as it can look ashy on tan to darker skins.
I find this also works better an an all-over dusting powder (face, decollette, legs, arms, even hair!) due to the liberal amounts of silver pixie glitter. For face highlighting, do note this will migrate everywhere instead of staying just where you put it.
This is designed to give you some serious sparkle all over, and not so good for spotlighting areas of your face or creating a dewy, natural sheen, compared to many other products.
Pros: Silky-smooth, and great value for money if you use it all over your face and body because you get a huge jar.
Cons:Without a base to stick to, this functions like a faintly-tinted version of MAC Prep + Prime powder (translucent, easily sheers out to nothing) with silver sparkles thrown in.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best lumanizing powder ever! I love it. Lots of tiny glitter great for highlighting. Product doesn't stay in container though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this a few years ago and I havn't even made a dent in it yet. I use it on my cheek bones and brow bone. Considering how long it lasts the $20 is nothing!

on 8/23/2011 9:24:00 AM

I wanted to love this product SO MUCH, but alas, after several attempts it's just WAY WAY WAY to glittery for me. I've read many positive reviews, but I feel that if you're over 25 you have no business wearing a product with this much glitter in it. I know several MUA use it on brides. I am a MUA and would never use it on a bride especially if they were going to set a foot outdoors. If you're young, going to a club or a rave, or as Edward from Twilight sparkling in the sun, I would say skip this product.

on 4/9/2011 11:08:00 PM

I use this every single day, on my face, down my neck, and sometimes on my shoulders. The color is a light beige,and there's a shimmer to it that is so pretty. But it's not so much shimmer that makes you glow like an alien. I've tried several other brands of shimmering powder, and this one takes the cake.

If I have on jeans when I apply it, I always put a towel on the jeans, cause I get powder everywhere. I cringe about thinking if they ever did away with this product, OMG, what would I do? I've been using this for years. YES, it is so worth the price.

on 3/7/2011 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A little goes a long way with this, so it's very easy to overdo it. The packaging is HUGE so I'll never run out & the colour is very soft, feminine & lovely. Glittery, yes, but not crazily so. Still, it's not subtle especially during the day. Similar to this:

on 2/22/2011 7:12:00 AM

Love this stuff! I went to the counter to get a wedding makeover and this is what was suggested to me.....it's incredible. I added this on top of my blush and in my eye highlight area...and even looking at my wedding pic now 5 years later, I was glowing (and not just cuz I was getting married). I had lost it until this past weekend and I rekindled my love with it as I haven't stopped using it since! I work 12 hour night shifts and I often run around and get flushed red cheeks, which when I do wear a light peach blush makes me look like a drag queen, now I don't apply blush to work anymore, I just wear this lightly and I look healthy and glowy while I run around. Not to mention it will NEVER run out as I just apply what is in the lid. Will last forever.