MAC Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
MAC Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

3.7

on 5/6/2014 10:49:00 PM

OMG!!! Okay so...If you are not looking for lots of shimmer, this NOT going to be your go-to. HOWEVER, I love using this as a super shimmery highlighter. I have tried many, and this one is by far my fave. I just peel back a little of the protective covering that covers the dots where the powder comes out...That helps me not get a HEAPING amount of it at one time when I tip it over before using.

For daytime, I use this product dry with my brush. For a dramatic highlighter, I wet my brush with my spray bottle before I apply. It works wonders!!! I dust it on the tippy tops of my cheeks and go over the top of my eyes for a shimmery effect when I am in the mood for one! Would definitely re-buy, but would suggest trying it out at the MAC counter before purchasing...!!!

on 3/10/2013 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I said "yes" to repurchasing this powder but "not sure" is probably more correct. I haven't actually bought this yet - I got a generous sample of this from the nice women at my local MAC counter. I've been trying it out for a few days and while it has an almost fairy-tale magic about it, I think it's a bit too glittery for me except in very small doses. Today, I applied this onto my cheekbones with a large eye shadow brush (so I could control where it went). It was daytime and the sunlight from my bathroom window really showed up the silver glitter. I think it's probably not the best idea to wear this in the daytime (unless you are a skater in the Ice Capades or something like that!). But for a romantic candle-lit dinner, I think this would be really pretty and I also like it in small doses on my cupid's bow and inner corners of my eyes. Once I finish my sample, chances are pretty good that I'll buy the full size of this to use for special occasions (and give the lion's share of it to my much younger daughter!)

on 7/18/2012 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Super-fine, dewy-soft dust with lots of silver flecks, that goes on predominantly white/pearl despite the faint pink hue in the jar; better for women with lighter skins as it can look ashy on tan to darker skins.
I find this also works better an an all-over dusting powder (face, decollette, legs, arms, even hair!) due to the liberal amounts of silver pixie glitter. For face highlighting, do note this will migrate everywhere instead of staying just where you put it.
This is designed to give you some serious sparkle all over, and not so good for spotlighting areas of your face or creating a dewy, natural sheen, compared to many other products.
Pros: Silky-smooth, and great value for money if you use it all over your face and body because you get a huge jar.
Cons:Without a base to stick to, this functions like a faintly-tinted version of MAC Prep + Prime powder (translucent, easily sheers out to nothing) with silver sparkles thrown in.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

WHOA, glitter ball alert! It is VERY glittery. Colour is like its description silver dusk with just the tinsient hint of pink. I do like this product but in very small doses and in particular places...Definately not an all over face powder. It is a very obvious highlighter.
The only place I use this as a highlighter is on my inner eye corners. I also use this as an eyeshadow as it catches the light so beautifully on an evening out. Another way to use this is to mix a little in your body moisturiser to get a shimmer lotion. Price is not that bad for the amount of product you get (About $52 nzd). I have had mine for 2 years and still have heaps left! However, packaging is horrid. Too many holes so it releases way too much product, definately not handbag proof!

on 5/18/2011 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE. IT. My go-to highlighter. Gives a gorgeous pinky-silvery glow. The shimmer is very fine, not chunky glitter AT ALL. And you only need a tiny amount each time, so even though it's a bit pricey, it lasts forever... Love using it on brides, too. :)

on 3/7/2011 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A little goes a long way with this, so it's very easy to overdo it. The packaging is HUGE so I'll never run out & the colour is very soft, feminine & lovely. Glittery, yes, but not crazily so. Still, it's not subtle especially during the day. Similar to this:

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think people could be using more of this than they need, and it's all in the application. You get a lot of product for the price, but you only need what's in the lid once you take it off the container. I put it on a table and tap the lid and then I use what's in the lid with either an angled blush brush or a small powder brush. There are a lot nicer highligher powders on the market, so it doesn't get much use unless you find other ways to put it into your beauty routine.

on 7/30/2010 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Two lippies because it can be used on the body, if you are going to a club. I love highlighters but I HATE glitter on the face. This is just glitter. I gave it to a friend, however, and she loves it. I much prefer the mineralize skin finishes

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i got this from my sister and i love it! i already own and love the golden bronze one, and now i have both! This is a very pretty pinky/nudish/beigy color with silver sprakles/glitters. This is definatley glittery so it's best for nighttine use or used sparingly in the daytime. I'm actually wearing it today as a highlighter but i used very little on my 165 brush and then i buffed out some of the larger glitter with my 183. I'm loving this.

A friend and I recently bought this in the silver and golden. We learned a few lessons while trying them out. From my experience, this product only looks good on FAIR skin. Her skin is medium and it looked like body glitter on her. She definitely needed the gold. Also, you need to use a very fluffy brush and apply with a LIGHT hand. (Unless you're going for a sweaty, disco ball style) Tap the brush until it basically looks like theres no product on it, dont worry, it will show when you apply it. A bit too sparkly, but pretty.