MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

Filtered by hair type : Other age: 19-24
MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

4.4

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I adore Silver Dusk! It's the perfect champaigne-y pink nude shimmer. I taped all but 2 holes closed with plain Scotch tape since the sifter lets thru way too much powder and therefore wastes it. It's not as stark as NARS' Albatross, which I love as well. Just a little bit on the cheekbones is lovely. I gave it a 5 in price because, even though it's $22USD, it will last YEARS! My friend has had hers for 8 and is barely halfway through, and uses it a lot and her sifter wastes a ton. It is definitely worth it. Just tape some holes closed and screw the lid on tight!

on 7/14/2009 10:50:00 AM

I love this powder! It looks gorgeous on your C-Zone, giving you that dewy look, or as a highlight on your browbone. It's also good mixed with moisturizer if you just want a little shimmer on your face. This could be used as an eyeshadow as well. Lovely product! Would def buy again!

on 5/16/2005 8:49:00 PM

I have the irridescent loose powder in silver dusk. It's interesting, but in all honesty, I'm disappointed with it. I think that it is misleading to call it irridescent. Irridescent means that it breaks up the light and gives a rainbow-colored oil slick effect. This powder is just glittery. It's also VERY strong. Maybe I'd dust it over my shoulders or in my cleavage, but I can't imagine using it on my face. I'd say get fairylite pigment or Shu IR rainbow eyeshadow instead. If it were sold as a glittery powder, I'd probably give it a higher review. But as an irridescent powder, it falls short.

on 5/20/2004 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE THIS!!!! I have oily skin and was looking for a highlighter that would give my skin a little glow without looking greasy. Silver Dusk is a very fine silvery/pink loose powder that shows up on your skin with tiny silver sparkles. Makes me look very angelic. I brush it on (very lightly) down my nose, a little on my chin, top of cheekbones, and brow bones. The only thing I don't like is the messy container. Could use a sifter top or something. But you get a TON of product in the tub, will last forever!

This stuff is gorgeous! Wonderful when going out at night for a pretty, shimmering effect on shoulders, chest & back. I kind of have a hard time making it show up on my pale skin, but it looks lovely on tanned skintones. I'm hoping it will work better for me in the summer!