MAC Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

MAC Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

4.2

on 5/6/2014 10:49:00 PM

OMG!!! Okay so...If you are not looking for lots of shimmer, this NOT going to be your go-to. HOWEVER, I love using this as a super shimmery highlighter. I have tried many, and this one is by far my fave. I just peel back a little of the protective covering that covers the dots where the powder comes out...That helps me not get a HEAPING amount of it at one time when I tip it over before using.

For daytime, I use this product dry with my brush. For a dramatic highlighter, I wet my brush with my spray bottle before I apply. It works wonders!!! I dust it on the tippy tops of my cheeks and go over the top of my eyes for a shimmery effect when I am in the mood for one! Would definitely re-buy, but would suggest trying it out at the MAC counter before purchasing...!!!

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

LOVE THIS. It's really my mom's, but I use it. She has had it for years and it's still not even close to being finished, because all you really need is a little swipe. I just use the fall out in the cap and it's more than enough. I like to use this on my brow bones as a highlight, but it's so versatile it can be used anywhere you want a touch of shimmer. You can even sprinkle some in your hair! This is great stuff. And though MAC is a pricey brand, because of how long this lasts, it really is worth the money.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best lumanizing powder ever! I love it. Lots of tiny glitter great for highlighting. Product doesn't stay in container though.

I bought this years ago when I was going through my "natural skin" phase, meaning, I stopped using blush and bronzer. I never threw it away, because I was sure that I could use it again one day. Now, about ten years (no joke) later, I use it for a few things. I use it as a highlighter for my eyes, and upper cheek bones, I use it under my brow bone, and I use it to make my lower lip look bigger. When I put my lip liner on, I then put my lipstick on, and I dab a tiny bit of this on the center of my lower lip. I then apply lip gloss around the dab, and blend. This makes my lips look bigger and shiner. It also helps my lipstick not fade for the entire day. I wear a nude shade, but I use lip liner, lipstick and lip gloss in order to make it last. The light powder is a great trick.

The trick I use to get the perfect amount is I flip the container upside down, then flip it right side up, and just a tiny bit of powder will be on the top; that is what I use. If I need more, I do it again. This has been working for me for over 10 years.

This powder will last FOREVER if you need it to; mine is so old that my container is twice as big as the current ones. It seriously has about 3/4 of a cup of powder left; it will probably last for the rest of my life. I have the MAC Golden powder too, and I use that as a bronzer under my cheek bones and around my face. Great Product :)

on 2/11/2012 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is beautiful! At 35, I don't want glitter chunks, and this beautiful powder gives a gorgeous sheen to highlight cheeks and brow bones. I like this better than NARS albatross - its so easy to blend. A must have product!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

To sum this product up in one word... Amazing. I have been searching for a perfect highlighter to give my dry skin that perfect dewy glow and I finally found it. I mix it in with my Studio Sculptures foundation, then on top of my So Sweet, So Easy or Posey Cremeblend Blush and it looks so angelic. The packaging is a little difficult since the siffter allows so much product through but I put tape over all of the holes except 2 rows. Also, I put the price at dirt cheap seeing as how I would be spending well over $20 over the years that I would be buying other products. There is so mug product in this, it will last forever. My dry skin finally has that red carpet, dewy, hydrated glow that I have been so desperately looking for! The best part of it all... My fiance noticed the difference and loves it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this a few years ago and I havn't even made a dent in it yet. I use it on my cheek bones and brow bone. Considering how long it lasts the $20 is nothing!

on 9/20/2011 5:08:00 PM

This is soooooo gorgeous! Perfect shimmer without looking too glittery. Really makes my skin glow everywhere I apply it(usually browbone, cheekbones). My stepdaughter had a giant tub of this stuff that she got from her cousin(they do makeup trades). I tried it once and was hooked. I knew I would never use a full size container of this so I asked if I could buy a small amount. So I gave her $5 and she let me fill a tiny container of it. Perfect amount for me and some much needed mall money for her!

on 7/22/2011 1:02:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Just got this yesterday, and I'm already a big fan. I read a lot of reviews on it between the time I ordered it and the time it arrived, and I like that reviewers have found so many ways to use it. I can see a lot of potential. I do think it's a product that takes some practice...if you're too heavy handed with it, your face might appear...unusually...bright? But, if you put too much on in any given area, it's easily blended away. Just for fun, I put a really, really light dusting of it across my entire face once I had the rest of my makeup on, and it gave me a great glow. Goes well over top of powder, blush, everything. I do agree that I will probably have this container for the rest of my natural life...a little goes SO far. Like others had suggested, I taped over most of the holes on the sifter with clear tape...it does make it a little less messy.

on 5/18/2011 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE. IT. My go-to highlighter. Gives a gorgeous pinky-silvery glow. The shimmer is very fine, not chunky glitter AT ALL. And you only need a tiny amount each time, so even though it's a bit pricey, it lasts forever... Love using it on brides, too. :)