Yves Saint Laurent Mon Paris EDP

Yves Saint Laurent Mon Paris EDP

3.8

on 1/15/2019 5:25:00 PM

My signature scent! It’s so intriguing and sensual. It’s not floral in any way which I like. I think it has a hint of amber. I get so many compliments on this scent.

on 12/16/2018 8:50:00 PM

I received this perfume in a mini bottle as a gift with purchase. The scent lasts fairly long, but I didn't find anything too special about this perfume. It is a lovely smell and not too heavy nor too light. To me, it smells like a berry floral - but there's a million other fragrances imo that smell just about the same. I wouldn't repurchase for this reason, nothing memorable about it to make me continue to buy it. It is pretty but so are lots of scents.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I’m branching out and cheating on my Guerlain fragrances, so I decided to try this after smelling it in Ulta. The scent is very sweet and fruity at first but dries down to a lovely, soft floral that also has the earthiness of the Patchouli. It is a beautiful scent that I could imagine wearing on special date nights or just any time really.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Mon Paris is Wonderful...
Raspberry
Strawberry
Datura Flower
Peony
Patchouli
Sweet Floral Perfume ...Strawberries,Raspberries&Flowers...

on 10/4/2018 7:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I own and love many sweet perfumes: La Vie Est Belle, Angel, Tresor Midnight Rose, Hypnotic Poison and the love of my life Classique EDP. But something about the kind of sweet in Mon Paris makes my stomach turn. It’s the berries… Too many berries in a fragrance reminds me of a cheap uber-sweet raspberry Bath and Body Works spray that was super popular in the early 2000s. The halls of my middle school were full of that tooth achingly sweet smell. I can’t take it. And I smell it in Mon Paris. It’s just one big sweet berry fest. There’s really very little musk or woods or patchouli or anything else that could maybe, just maybe tone down the sweetness in Mon Paris. It’s just… Berries… In my nose, in the back of my throat, in my brain drowning out my thoughts.

If you love Mon Paris, then please don’t overspray. Perhaps in small doses and from afar it could be nice.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

What a beautiful, bright, girly fragrance! This is an unexpected gem. It reminds me a little of the now defunct Miss Dior Cherie perfume. It starts out bright and fruity. I detect strawberry or raspberry. Then it mellows into a clean floral musk with a hint of patchouli. I usually can't stand patchouli, but it's light and well done in Mon Paris. This scent is just so pretty and vibrant! It really makes me happy, and I can't stop smelling my wrists! Highly recommend, it's a scent that I suspect won't offend or bother anyone. They'll just think you smell delicious!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Smells amazing! Very fruity and juicy/candy smelling with a hint of something spicy - patchouli. It's suitable for evening and even day time I would say. I was a huge fan of YSL Elle but it has been discontinued, so I'm not surprised that I enjoy another one of their fragrances. I'm also a huge fan of Viktor & Rolf's Flower Bomb, Pink Sugar, Prada Candy and Victoria Secret Night. So that should give you a good idea if you might also enjoy this fragrance. I purchased the gift set with the YSL clutch and mini lipstick along with the 50ml EDP for $118 CAD.

LA CREME DE LA CREME!

This is the perfect perfume that balances sophistication and youth, musk and fruit. It's strong enough to linger throughout the day, but not too overwhelming when you first spritz it on.

I got this as a sampler from a Paris Sephora in 2016. I've bought a travel sized rollerball and two full sized bottles since!

on 6/15/2017 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This smells like a lighter version of Black Opium. I find the strawberry note overpowering. I will not purchase.

on 6/14/2017 6:57:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Notes: Raspberry, datura, white musk, patchouli

The top note is blackberry to my nose, but why quibble? It seems to be powered by aldehydes as it lifts off the skin and flits around like a swarm of happy fireflies. The mid notes are rich, a citrusy rose, which is exactly what my datura plant smells like-- lemon and wild rose. The base notes of musk come in but are not beastly or earthy. The patch is barely perceptible.

If you like blackberry and musk, try Yves Rocher's version for many fewer euros. You can still have the notes, and even the name Yves on the label. YR is merciless about scrapping products so you may have to hunt it down.

This is a happy, summer berry smell for grown women. It does smell a bit chemical to me, and thus jarring to the nose at times. It's pretty. It's sweet without being saccharine. The florals dance well with the berries.

Go for it.