Yves Saint Laurent Mon Paris EDP

Yves Saint Laurent Mon Paris EDP

3.8

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Mon Paris is Wonderful...
Raspberry
Strawberry
Datura Flower
Peony
Patchouli
Sweet Floral Perfume ...Strawberries,Raspberries&Flowers...

on 10/4/2018 7:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I own and love many sweet perfumes: La Vie Est Belle, Angel, Tresor Midnight Rose, Hypnotic Poison and the love of my life Classique EDP. But something about the kind of sweet in Mon Paris makes my stomach turn. It’s the berries… Too many berries in a fragrance reminds me of a cheap uber-sweet raspberry Bath and Body Works spray that was super popular in the early 2000s. The halls of my middle school were full of that tooth achingly sweet smell. I can’t take it. And I smell it in Mon Paris. It’s just one big sweet berry fest. There’s really very little musk or woods or patchouli or anything else that could maybe, just maybe tone down the sweetness in Mon Paris. It’s just… Berries… In my nose, in the back of my throat, in my brain drowning out my thoughts.

If you love Mon Paris, then please don’t overspray. Perhaps in small doses and from afar it could be nice.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

What a beautiful, bright, girly fragrance! This is an unexpected gem. It reminds me a little of the now defunct Miss Dior Cherie perfume. It starts out bright and fruity. I detect strawberry or raspberry. Then it mellows into a clean floral musk with a hint of patchouli. I usually can't stand patchouli, but it's light and well done in Mon Paris. This scent is just so pretty and vibrant! It really makes me happy, and I can't stop smelling my wrists! Highly recommend, it's a scent that I suspect won't offend or bother anyone. They'll just think you smell delicious!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Smells amazing! Very fruity and juicy/candy smelling with a hint of something spicy - patchouli. It's suitable for evening and even day time I would say. I was a huge fan of YSL Elle but it has been discontinued, so I'm not surprised that I enjoy another one of their fragrances. I'm also a huge fan of Viktor & Rolf's Flower Bomb, Pink Sugar, Prada Candy and Victoria Secret Night. So that should give you a good idea if you might also enjoy this fragrance. I purchased the gift set with the YSL clutch and mini lipstick along with the 50ml EDP for $118 CAD.

LA CREME DE LA CREME!

This is the perfect perfume that balances sophistication and youth, musk and fruit. It's strong enough to linger throughout the day, but not too overwhelming when you first spritz it on.

I got this as a sampler from a Paris Sephora in 2016. I've bought a travel sized rollerball and two full sized bottles since!

on 6/15/2017 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This smells like a lighter version of Black Opium. I find the strawberry note overpowering. I will not purchase.

on 6/14/2017 6:57:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Notes: Raspberry, datura, white musk, patchouli

The top note is blackberry to my nose, but why quibble? It seems to be powered by aldehydes as it lifts off the skin and flits around like a swarm of happy fireflies. The mid notes are rich, a citrusy rose, which is exactly what my datura plant smells like-- lemon and wild rose. The base notes of musk come in but are not beastly or earthy. The patch is barely perceptible.

If you like blackberry and musk, try Yves Rocher's version for many fewer euros. You can still have the notes, and even the name Yves on the label. YR is merciless about scrapping products so you may have to hunt it down.

This is a happy, summer berry smell for grown women. It does smell a bit chemical to me, and thus jarring to the nose at times. It's pretty. It's sweet without being saccharine. The florals dance well with the berries.

Go for it.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Smells amazing. It's a very light floral, fruity scent that is not over powering. Really nice for everyday, anytime wear.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

YSL is fast becoming one of my fave fragrance houses (I know, late to the game). I held off testing this, and I am not even sure why. I guess because it is a newer release, I figured, like so many fragrances released in recent years, I guess I figured it was going to fall into the general mix of fruity/super-sweet/patchoulis that seem to be everywhere these days, geared towards the 20--somethings. Boy, was I wrong!

This is delicate, yet not too light, ever so slightly with a hint of boldness, yet not too strong. A "grown woman's" perfume, if you will. There is a slight sweetness, but not overly sugary saccharine, just a slight hint of sweetness far in the background that keeps this from being too floral. But this is definitely floral with fruitiness to this. Fragrantica has this listed as predominantly fruity, with some patchouli and a touch of floral. For me, this is floral, with a hint of fruitiness, and a very slight sweetness and I really only detect patchouli when really sniffing. But if you do not care for patchouli, this may not be for you, as some reviewers online detect heavy patchouli in this. For me, the patchouli is apparently cleverly blended with the other notes, that it merely mingles in the very background for me. BUT, I also tend to like patchouli, so there is that. This does seem to pick up different notes as this dries down, so at different points in the day, I pick up different notes. I actually love the bottle, and I did not think I would.

This competes for me with YSL Parisienne for the two fragrances I have been rotating a lot lately, and that says something, given my quite large fragrance collection. Just so easy to wear and great for day to night and so many occasions. Not too heavy at all (one or two sprays is all I need to last all day), so could be office safe, barring anyone has allergies, asthma, etc.

But this is a beautiful, womanly, grown up scent. I read somewhere that someone described this as a modern romantic scent, and I think that is an excellent description. Lasts all day for me. I can still pick up whiffs of this on my clothes on laundry day.

on 2/18/2017 7:43:00 AM

I received a sample of this and wondered whether it was a flanker of Paris, the iconic perfume launched by YSL in 1983 and apparently still available (although I'm sure it must have been reformulated by now, as most classic fragrances have). No, this is not a flanker but instead, a new offering. To my disappointment, it's practically indistinguishable from all the other fruity-floral perfumes out there - it's pretty but not unique or distinctive. I don't hate it but I don't like it enough to buy a bottle.

Popular Fragrances