Yves Saint Laurent Mon Paris EDP

3.6

on 6/15/2017 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This smells like a lighter version of Black Opium. I find the strawberry note overpowering. I will not purchase.

on 6/14/2017 6:57:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Notes: Raspberry, datura, white musk, patchouli

The top note is blackberry to my nose, but why quibble? It seems to be powered by aldehydes as it lifts off the skin and flits around like a swarm of happy fireflies. The mid notes are rich, a citrusy rose, which is exactly what my datura plant smells like-- lemon and wild rose. The base notes of musk come in but are not beastly or earthy. The patch is barely perceptible.

If you like blackberry and musk, try Yves Rocher's version for many fewer euros. You can still have the notes, and even the name Yves on the label. YR is merciless about scrapping products so you may have to hunt it down.

This is a happy, summer berry smell for grown women. It does smell a bit chemical to me, and thus jarring to the nose at times. It's pretty. It's sweet without being saccharine. The florals dance well with the berries.

Go for it.

on 2/18/2017 7:43:00 AM

I received a sample of this and wondered whether it was a flanker of Paris, the iconic perfume launched by YSL in 1983 and apparently still available (although I'm sure it must have been reformulated by now, as most classic fragrances have). No, this is not a flanker but instead, a new offering. To my disappointment, it's practically indistinguishable from all the other fruity-floral perfumes out there - it's pretty but not unique or distinctive. I don't hate it but I don't like it enough to buy a bottle.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Smells amazing. It's a very light floral, fruity scent that is not over powering. Really nice for everyday, anytime wear.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

YSL is fast becoming one of my fave fragrance houses (I know, late to the game). I held off testing this, and I am not even sure why. I guess because it is a newer release, I figured, like so many fragrances released in recent years, I guess I figured it was going to fall into the general mix of fruity/super-sweet/patchoulis that seem to be everywhere these days, geared towards the 20--somethings. Boy, was I wrong!

This is delicate, yet not too light, ever so slightly with a hint of boldness, yet not too strong. A "grown woman's" perfume, if you will. There is a slight sweetness, but not overly sugary saccharine, just a slight hint of sweetness far in the background that keeps this from being too floral. But this is definitely floral with fruitiness to this. Fragrantica has this listed as predominantly fruity, with some patchouli and a touch of floral. For me, this is floral, with a hint of fruitiness, and a very slight sweetness and I really only detect patchouli when really sniffing. But if you do not care for patchouli, this may not be for you, as some reviewers online detect heavy patchouli in this. For me, the patchouli is apparently cleverly blended with the other notes, that it merely mingles in the very background for me. BUT, I also tend to like patchouli, so there is that. This does seem to pick up different notes as this dries down, so at different points in the day, I pick up different notes. I actually love the bottle, and I did not think I would.

This competes for me with YSL Parisienne for the two fragrances I have been rotating a lot lately, and that says something, given my quite large fragrance collection. Just so easy to wear and great for day to night and so many occasions. Not too heavy at all (one or two sprays is all I need to last all day), so could be office safe, barring anyone has allergies, asthma, etc.

But this is a beautiful, womanly, grown up scent. I read somewhere that someone described this as a modern romantic scent, and I think that is an excellent description. Lasts all day for me. I can still pick up whiffs of this on my clothes on laundry day.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this perfume so much that I've almost finished the bottle! I have bought this in september. It's really sophisticated, sexy and classy. I find this perfect for fall and for winter. The staying power is amazing. After 12 hours I can smell it. I wish it wasn't so expensive but I love it anyway. So reccomended. Sorry for my English but I am Italian.

on 9/12/2016 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I really like this a lot. I'm a sucker for fruity white musks, and I think this would be perfect if they'd left out the patchouli. It's bright and sharp and feminine and sweet. And the bottle is elegant and pretty. Just about perfect.

on 9/27/2016 2:35:00 PM

I agree 100% with the previous review. YSL's Mon Paris is a gorgeous fruity scent that smells very rich and sweet. But is also has a tiny whiff of patchouli that I could do without. Still, I like it a lot and I would buy it again.

It reminds me of Armani Si and Miss Dior Cherie, an expensive-smelling fragrance that is sweet and sophisticated but not overpowering. Decent lasting power. And I love the bottle too!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I don't understand the scathing reviews for this perfume. Fragrance is personal; what smells good differs from person to person based on body chemistry and personal preference. I happen to love this perfume but I wont describe why I like the scent (personal). I think it has good lasting on my skin (6 hours) and well priced compared to other high end perfumes like Flowerbomb or Jimmy Choo. The bottle looks so cute on my vanity. I'm happy with my purchase.

on 11/22/2016 10:06:00 PM

I am in love with this perfume. I'm not good at describing scents, but I'll give it my best shot...this opens up to the sweet, juicy scent of berries. I don't get sickening sweet, but a lovely, fresh fruit scent. The dry down is what is truly amazing for me...mossy, dark, sexy patchouli. And I typically HATE patchouli, but YSL nailed this. I don't think I've ever smelled a perfume before that could open up with a fresh, fruit scent then completely morph into the entirely different patchouli scent. I love it.

Popular Fragrances