Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

3.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/12/2019 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm fifty-five, and like a light foundation.

Skin: Combination, thank you HRT (really), with some fine lines and small spider veins I want to hide. I am one half Native American and the other is Swedish. In the summer I have darker skin, (that is neutral, neither very cool, nor warm), in the winter? I feel like my skin is so light, it's see-through. I have found the Medium Light to be the most versatile for my skin, year round.

I no longer need to hide acne, but I need SPF, more than ever, now. I use a moisturizer with SPF in it, but it's hardly enough. You need far more SPF than you suspect you do. My skin gets congested with too much on in a single layer, so I layer my SPF. While it would be heavenly if SPF was layered up to offer greater protection, your moisture is 30, your base is 30 and you get 60 SPF, it's not like that. I aim for an SPF of 20 because sweat and life take it off. This is not a product I use alone for my SPF, but with the other products I use, it's perfect.

I would not call it buildable, or more than a nice dewy finish, but it's perfect for my needs. The shade range is not huge, but this is not a true foundation. I wash my face in the morning, use any serums, (The Ordinary Vitamin F, and Cerave Day for the day), allow those to sink in and use my Urban Decay One and Done. I cover my face, and neck making sure it's blended. I get a fresh, clean, dewy and not overdone look. Which is exactly what I want. If I'm going out and want more coverage, I use a concealer, but I don't use it often. While this is not what I would call buildable, it is light, does a decent job of hydration, without making me look like an oil slick, even on hot days and has been good over a very dry winter for my area, so far. I have an excellent foundation, but at 55, too much is way too much on my skin and ages me.

The not so wonderful? It is not buildable. In order to get more coverage, I can mix this with my foundation, and that seems to do the trick. I use a very small amount of a good foundation, mixed with my fingers in clean hands, and apply with a brush or Beauty Blender. This works for almost all of my needs, my other products go on smoothly and I have seen good results. I also had very, VERY, oily skin until last year and this was perfect for it as well.

Is this the best ever? Not for everyone, but for my needs, it's my Holy Grail basic for my needs. I would buy it again and I have. I always have a backup ready. I open one, I trot off to make sure I have another one. I've tried other CC creams, PuR and Nars, as well as Neutrogena Acne (my favorite before my change of life), and this is not oily, greasy, too shiny. I don't need powder and at my age, it ages me. The smallest amount where my blush goes on, that's it. The wear time is not great, about 4 hours, but I don't mine reapplying if I must. I keep an older one on hand in my purse for re-application, along with my blush.

I'm traveling more this year and this is perfect for that.

While it's not for everyone, this is my favorite and will be as long as I can get my hands on it.

Pros:
SPF
Light and airy
Not pore clogging
looks dewy, not cakey
Pump. It can get product on the cap, but I wipe those down once a week on all my pump applicators.
Looks good with finger as applicator.
Super sheer, but noticable to me, coverage. I've been asked why my skin looks so good without makeup, when I'm wearing my One and Done. Weird, because NO ONE ever complimented my skin, ever, before menaupause. It only happens when I am wearing this.

Cons:
SPF has a limited ability to hold up all day. On sunny days when I am outside more, I use more SPF under it. I do expect this, so it's not a problem for me personally. I have had friends complain that they must re-apply for best SPF protection, during the day, and washing off SPF during the day is a pain. I do not pile on more product and a separate moisturizer on top of this is not ideal.

Not buildable. Not a problem for me, but other's would hate it, and I would have when I had cystic acne, it's not high hiding nor buildable.

It will not hold up on a long night of dancing, etc. It's not meant to, but it can be a disappointment if you want your look to last. At those times, I use a very nice foundation, which can switch.

Limited shade range, but the shades are meant to cover a broad range, and I do find that they do, with my very fair winter skin and my reddish/brown summer complexion. Again, I'm 1/2 Native American and my skin tans, with very little sun. At my fairest and darkest, this barely hits the range to cover, but I have two foundation shades, so this does cover a wide range.

Bottom Line: I am thrilled with this. I sometimes think about testing others, and I do intend to try the It Cosmetics, just in case they discontinue this, but I have been using makeup so long, I know when I'm happy.

on 8/16/2017 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I actually never bought this. I went makeup free to Ulta to try it out. Tried it on. Loved the texture and ease of application but before I even hit the checkout it was dark orange. Horrible. This didn't seem to be oxidation, the Light color was orange and dark straight out of the tube. Too bad. Seemed like a product I would have liked. Wish they would come out with a fair shade that was neutral. If they did I would definitely try again!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've had this for awhile and have kept trying it out every once in awhile to see if I have any different results with it, but I've come to the conclusion that this just does not work for me whatsoever. I'm not one that likes full coverage to begin with so I thought this would be perfect me, especially on days that I don't feel like doing a whole foundation/concealer/powder routine. The reality is the coverage and formula of One And Done is just so bizarre that it's just not good at all.
The coverage is incredibly minimal and it doesn't cover redness at all. If you suffer from acne or redness around your nostrils etc. this isn't going to do a thing. The weird part is that even though it's extremely light coverage, it somehow still manages to look heavy on my skin. It patches, pools, and separates and makes my drier areas look like the freakin desert. It creases under my eyes, in my forehead, and between my brows and completely separates on my chin and nose. It patches so badly under my eyes on either side of my nose you'd think I've never exfoliated or used moisturizer in my life.
This definitely is NOT a "one and done" product for me. I realize that it works for some and maybe it's better suited for teen and early 20's skin, but for my 34 yr old skin it draws so much attention to flaws and texture that it's just not workable.
I have the shade Light and it does oxidize to shade with a really heavy yellow undertone on my skin. I have more neutral undertones that do lean more yellow than pink so the fact that this makes me look obviously more yellow is kind of a big deal.
I'm definitely not buying this again. It's way too expensive for how it performs.

on 7/24/2017 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

In my never ending quest for a suitable BB cream / foundation with SPF, I came to this one. I have a love/hate relationship with Urban Decay, specially foundations because they are too drying, or too sticky (I tried them all). That being said, I really wanted to love this one, but I just can't. I know the coverage is light and being honest, I'm fine with that for daily use and going to work. But it literally starts to wear off in the first 2 or 3 hours, and my skin feels sticky and heavy. I really hate that feeling, even sealing with powder does not help for long. It also marks my expression lines even though I constantly try to "clean" them. I wanted a nice BB Cream for everyday use but It's just not right for me and my oily skin with dry patches.

I'm so disappointed! I found my color match, this applies beautifully and blurs imperfections, looks really nice on etc. but it broke me out so bad, real bad. To be fair, most things do. The only foundation I can wear is UD's Naked Skin.

Sadly I will have to return this but if you're not breakout prone and want a high quality tinted moisturizer that wears beautifully, get this.

on 2/26/2017 3:51:00 AM

I was at Ulta checking out the Nars TM and the UD rep asked to show me this product. And while the color she chose, medium light, was perfect, that's about the only good thing about this product. It slides off my face about 2 hours after applying it, both with & without using a primer. It provides some coverage but fades in about an hour, & as stated above, gone in 2 hours. My face got shiny too quickly and when I removed it at the end of the day there was practically no product to remove.
I wasn't expecting full coverage as it is advertised as a BB cream, and I wanted to use it on the days I didn't want to deal with foundation, but it just doesn't work for me. I have combo oily skin and told the salesperson this before trying it but she said it would work on my skin type.
This product is going back to the store. I have used it a total of 3 times and won't attempt a fourth. I'll take my refund and go to Sephora and try Nars Velvet Matte TM instead as the Nars Radiant TM looks like the same coverage- too glowy and greasy.

on 2/15/2017 11:38:00 AM

I have a lot of the same feelings on this product as previous reviewers do - it is great if you want a light, blurring tinted moisturizer but it is expensive. I have dry, aging skin and this is a lightweight product that does not settle into any of my lines or dry patches and it dries down to a not too matte finish. It really just kind of slightly perfects skin and any darker spots on my skin still show thought but they look a little less sharp. This did not break me out (IT Cosmetics CC cream did) and feels very light on my skin. I don't like heavy foundations and they usually just make my pores/lines looks worse no matter what but this is a great product that allows me to get some coverage and it still looks like my skin but just better. Others have stated there are drugstore products that work just as well as this so the cost is not justified and I would love to know what those products are as this does seem over priced at $34 a tube. Also, the shade range is too limited at six tints. I will keep buying until I can find something else cheaper.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I like the packaging very much on this product. However I don't think it is worth the money. It gives the skin a nice, healty glow. I use this when I don't have time to put a full face of foundation. Don't get me wrong, I really like it but I don't think you need to spend that much on a product that has nothing new or unique comparing it to other BB Cream (even the cheaper ones)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've been using this for a week now so I think I have a good grasp on it.

Consistency: Very light. I spread it with my fingers. It's even lighter than a moisturizer and feels quite watery. It doesn't dry too quickly or too fast, so it's just perfect.

Coverage: Thin. Very thin coverage. It doesn't cover any of my hyperpigmented scars with one layer but can definitely hide them if I add more product on top of it. I usually have to put another concealer after a layer of One and Done. This is definitely not for people with blemishes and redness, but it does even out the skin tone very well.

Finished look: Not matte, but not dewy either. It literally looks like I'm not wearing any makeup. Even in the sun it looks like I just have flawless, even skin. I've never seen anything like this product before. Its natural finish is amazing. I have combination skin and it doesn't exacerbate my dry areas or my oily areas.

Lasting power: Looks great for around 6-8 hours, after that it starts to fade, but only slightly.

On skin: I have super sensitive, acne-prone skin, and this hasn't broken me out. Is it weird that my skin has actually improved after using this?

Packaging: Really handy and portable. Love the pump. I don't think it contains much though so I think I would have to keep repurchasing it. And I definitely will.

Final thoughts: My favorite makeup product at the moment. I've always wanted to wear a BB Cream/Foundation that's really light and natural and evens out my skin tone without breaking me out. This can definitely be used for an everyday thing. I hope Urban Decay never stops producing these!

on 10/5/2016 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This review is for a sample I received with my UD order. I got the shade medium light which is supposed to be good for those with UD shades from 3.5-4.0. I usually wear 4.0 in the Naked Skin foundation. I found the One and Done to be a little too light for me but nothing a little bronzer couldn't fix.

Coverage was pretty good considering this is considered a CC cream with sheer coverage. I did have to follow up with concealer on some dark sunspots. I do wish it had more coverage like the IT Cosmetics CC cream. However UD is cheaper at $34 for 1.3 oz.

Performance of this foundation was top notch. I used the UD Optical Blurring Brush to blend it in and it did so effortlessly. Makes me look like I'm not wearing foundation and I love that it already ahs SPF 20 built in. I applied this foundation at 5:30 am and took it off at about 6 pm after I spent an hour at the gym. My skin still looked flawless without touch ups. I would definitely purchase the full size!