Molinard Habanita eau de parfum

Molinard  Habanita eau de parfum

I'd been thinking about this one for years. Why did I wait so long? I picked it up for a song on ebay this past week, and am loving this. It's reminiscent of several things I have adored in a scent -- the refined air of Shalimar, the strange florals of L'Heure Bleue, the pinch of "naughty" (think blast-from-the-past Ciara perfume & sneaking a forbidden cigarette)... I typically wear patchouli, and while Habanita contains it, along with sandalwood, vetiver, oakmoss and cedar, these spicy/smoky notes temper the sweet and powdery floral/vanilla seamlessly. Molinard's beautiful plush, velvety base that their line is famous for pulls this together into something special with remarkable staying power and has already drawn compliments from my husband and daughter. This is the black-eyeliner, messy 'do, brazen potion I'd hoped it would be!

I purchased this out of curiosity and great hope---I wanted to know how it would stack up to my eau de toilette of Habanita that I have and adore---and my great hope is that I'd be getting another gem to add to my collection.
I am not disappointed. This is glorious. Warm, ambery, powdery (but not overly so). There's no leather in the note matrix and I don't get as much leathery vibe as I did from the EDT--but it's just as amazing. Sweet and still has that smoky feel. And a bit of woody vetiver in there mixing with the heliotrope, giving a bite to the creaminess of it. One spray is all you need for hours of wear. This is a timeless treasure and I love it.
(crosspost)