Rimmel BB Cream Radiance

3.3

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I have this great product in the Fair shade and I LOVE it. I use it over Lumene's CC cream- which is allegedly being re-formulated - and it just gives a great slightly luminous finish It it priced well - I gave it 5 lippies for being priced well - confusing, should I have given it one or two for inexpensive, or 5 because its a great deal? Oh, well, its a good price. I finish it off with ELF's illuminating HD powder - a HG product for me as well. If you do not want a heavy look, and with just a bit of a glow, this one is for you!

Update: I am still using this over a CC cream. I find the combination - along with E.L.F's HD illuminating powder - gives me a finish I cannot attain with just one product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Has pieces of visible glitter in it. Medium coverage but can be built to full, looks cakey tho. Like a previous reviewer said, this BB cream bunches up. I've tried using primer and different/no moisturizer but it still kept bunching up and rolling off when applying. I have dry skin and this emphasized my dry patches and made my skin look cakey. I've noticed that it works somewhat decent, doesn't bunch up as much, if you concentrate applying it on certain areas first and then blending it right away.

I love everything about this. I use light/medium, and it's the first foundation to blend in to my shade of skin without looking different than the neck on my skin. It goes on smooth and doesn't have a strong scent. It lasts longer than other foundations I've tried, maybe due to the primer being part of the formula. I know Rimmel has BB and CC creams with sunscreen, but I like this one best. I wish this one had sunscreen. I'll maybe use a moisturizer or primer or setting spray that has sunscreen along with this foundation. It covers surprisingly well but is not cakey or gooey. It is buildable. Makes your skin look as if you are not wearing foundation because it looks so natural. (Not because it's so sheer, which it's not.) One of the better brands for very light skin. I can't speak for the medium to dark shade.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

One of the worst products I have ever used, this does not work for my skin at all, I would say my skin is combination but has been uncharacteristically dry for a couple of months now. This will cling to every dry patch on your face, it looks chalky and bunches up (think how your skin looks when you try to apply liquid/cream products after you have powdered your face). It's hard to blend, patchy and I 100% do not recommend this product if your skin is remotely dry.

I love this BB cream, especially for days when I don't want to wear foundations and yet make my skin look better! I looks healthier than when I wear foundations and has a subtle glow. I bought this in the medium shade and it blends well, but you really have to work it into the skin. Might be easier if applied shortly after moisturizing.
It gives a great base for a light dab of powder, and blush. I use the Maybelline Fit Me, Matte & Poreless powder, but replaced the sponge applicator with a powder puff. (I should write a review for this powder too) It just takes away that hint of extra shine and sets the undereye cover cream without looking caked on or accentuating any lines.
Ok, back to the BB Cream. The other thing I noticed is it seems to diffuse lines, and I have deep smile lines which looked diminished with this BB. I'm 60 and skin is fairly good, but I do have lines. ;)
Side note - I have tried Garnier and the L'oreal BB creams and this is by far the nicest one.
I will definitely repurchase this product.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wake Me Up foundation does nothing to wake me up. It claims to have Vitamin C in it's formulation but I don't think it makes any difference in the quality of the product. It applies fine with a light to medium coverage. Nothing special. It stays on fine through out the day. I have oily/combination skin but very oily on hot summer days. It doesn't have a lot of shades to choose from either. I would not buy it again nor will I even finish the bottle as it doesn't really do anything for my complexion. I have yet to find a drugstore foundation that is worth saving money for. I'd rather spend money on high end foundation that will make my complexion glow.

This stuff gives no coverage but does stay on for most of the day. It also gives a subtle shimmer which is nice. If you have dry skin this is not for you because it will catch on dry patches.

I'm not sure if I already reviewed this or not, but I've definitely changed my mind on how I feel about it! I bought this a few months ago because I was trying out different bb creams to avoid spending $13 on the L'oreal Lumi foundation because I'm cheap when it comes to makeup (I eventually caved and that's the only one I use now.) Anyway, I ended up returning this one before because it seemed cakey and I was afraid the color was too dark. I'm not sure why I thought that before.

I've been looking for a dewey finish foundation or BB cream in a plastic bottle to bring with me on vacation, because I really don't want to mess with wrapping up my glass bottle of the Loreal foundation and packing it/unpacking it for my trip. I actually did try the L'oreal pro glow foundation, and it sadly didn't work for me although I was excited to try it. I figured it must be similar in formula to the lumi, same brand, similar claims and all, but I have oily combination skin and it just didn't sit well on me (I know, I shouldn't be going for the dewey look with my skin type, but I like that look and so far haven't ran into problems with the lumi foundation.)

ANYWAY. I picked this up a second time, and I actually like it. The formula is thicker than what I'm used to, which is a little disappointing because I want a lightweight finish, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. It gives a nice glowing finish without looking too shiny or oily like the pro glow did on me (But that doesn't mean it wouldn't work for someone else!). When I swatched it on my hand it did have some glitter in it, but that isn't noticeable on my face so far. There is a scent, it's a nice floral scent, I have no idea why they made it like that because there's no reason for a foundation/BB cream to smell like a perfume, but it doesn't personally bother me. The color matching is good (I have Light), maybe even better than the bottle of Lumi that I have since I got the lightest shade in Lumi and it's a tad pale for me). I'll be bringing this with me on any trips away from home and maybe alternating this with my regular foundation!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought this because I have a pretty good tan right now and wanted something darker yet lighter coverage and moisturizing. BB cream seemed like the logical choice. I feel like this accentuates my pores a bit, yet I had someone compliment me today by saying how great my skin looks, so perhaps I was being a bit hard on myself. I would definitely recommend this if you're looking for light coverage and a bit of moisturizing.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

At first, I hated this BB cream. I thought it was too thick and cakey looking on my skin. However, that was when I applied it with my hands. My second and third attempts to make this work proved much better as I used a flat top brush (from Wet n Wild) and a beauty blender. Both the brush and beauty blender gave better results than just using my hands.

The coverage of this BB cream is AMAZING. For me- someone with combination skin, minor to no acne, and a lot of redness- this covers all of that quite well. A medium coverage. I like that this has an SPF of 20 "built in" because I like BB creams for the summer and I hate applying sunscreen, so the SPF this BB cream has is a great detail for me.

I have to set this BB cream with a light handed layer of powder, otherwise I do look cakey, but that may just be my skin being difficult.

Unfortunately, the lightest shade in this BB cream is dark for me, and very warm toned. I am using a light powder to bring it closer to my shade, and I will wear it if my hair is down (as to lessen the contrast from my face to neck/chest). However, once I use this up I won't be repurchasing unless they create a lighter shade.