Tarte Cosmetics Tartelette In Bloom Clay Palette

Tarte Cosmetics Tartelette In Bloom Clay Palette

4.5

on 11/1/2018 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this palette! It's always the one I bring travelling with me, along with a couple of single shadows just to add pops of colour. This is truly a neutral palette imo, with one of the best shade ranges (with no dud or useless shades) and a perfect size to bring around!

on 10/17/2018 5:53:00 AM

Let me start by staying that I'm not a make-up expert. I'm decent but by no means note-worthy.

I was so excited to finally get my hands on the much-hyped Tarte In Bloom palette. I had heard so many good things about it, so when I saw that QVC UK had it in stock, I jumped at the chance to get my sweaty paws on it. When it finally arrived, I was like a kid on Christmas Day.

Sadly, after using the palette several times, I'm forced to admit that I'm really not all that impressed. The pigment of the matte shades is OK, but the shimmers seem to lack pizzazz. I've tried different combinations of colour and, well, everything ends up looking a bit... samey. The shadows themselves don't have the nice "buttery" feel of other brands I've tried. A couple of the very dark shades are extremely difficult to blend out.

I honestly thought that this palette would be extremely versatile, but I found that it wasn't as useful as I'd hoped. I will continue to use it, but I won't be replacing it when it's done.

on 6/14/2018 8:01:00 PM

not that much of a fan. the colors weren’t that pigmented and had a lot of fallout. Defiantly wouldn’t buy again.

on 6/14/2018 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I own three tarte eyeshadow palettes and I just don't understand the hype for them. This one and the matte clay palette especially. I have tried countless times to make them work and used them everyday, so I got used to the fact they never lasted more than a few hours on my lids. I forgot other eyeshadow doesn't fade after a few hours constantly. The worst part is that it blends into one color no matter what you do. No primer or light hand can help this. It doesn't transition or have a gradient it just turns into one muddy brown color. The shimmer shades are pretty but there are only three of them. The packagaing is very pretty and of course Tarte always has the best mirrors in their palettes ever. The top of mine shattered the clear coating and the floral part chipped off the first week. I got the too faced natural palette and wa s blown away how much better eyeshadow can be. I was so used to using this sub par one I had forgotten. They don't blend into one color and the last ALL DAY! Tarte eyeshadow are a waste of money.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my favourite eyeshadow palette that I use daily. I use the shade Jetsetter on my crease and lower lid everyday and I find that it's a perfect transition shade. I use funny girl on my lid and it really makes my eyes pop and the darker shades blended in my outer V and I'm good to go. These eyeshadows last really long on me with my Urban Decay primer potion. I love the packaging of this palette and love that there's a big, nice quality mirror which I use daily too. I love the smell of the eyeshadows too, reminds me of the Too Faced Chocolate bar palette scent but softer.
I like how these are more neutral/cool shades rather than super warm shades as I find really warm shades don't flatter my cool-ish fair skin tone, so this palette is perfect for me and I will buy another one when I run out. Love this!

on 5/12/2018 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely adore this palette. The packaging is great for travel and has a nice mirror that goes along with it. There are warm, cool, and neutral tones in this nude/basic-ish palette, which makes it really versatile on different skin tones. I am especially in love with the mattes in this palette. They are so easy to blend out and are pigmented, but not to the point that it's too pigmented that it's hard to work with. Definitely the palette in my collection that I reach for the most.

I love love love this palette!!! My reasons will be listed below-

Packaging- The eyeshadows are housed in a gorgeous plastic case with a large mirror. The palette feels heavy and luxurious in the hand.

Shade Range- While this is a neutral palette, there are a lot of shades and combos you could do. You could use the shades for an everyday look, or smoke out your eyes for a sultry night time look.

Price- While this palette is $46, I think it's definitely worth the money. All of the shades perform amazing with the exception of one or two.

Eyeshadow quality- All of the shades are buttery and smooth, but there are two that I do struggle with in terms of application, and blendability. Funny Girl is a gorgeous golden champagne shade that swatches amazing with the finger, but with a brush it struggles. I'm only able to use that shade with my finger. Rebel and Leader are also beautiful shades, but are difficult to blend out and make work. Sometimes they can look patchy if you don't apply a base on top of your eye primer (like a creamy white shadow.) All of the other shades work great! I've been using Smokeshow and Activist as my eyeliner and they work like a dream. Also, the shadows have a yummy vanilla/chocolate scent.

Overall thoughts: If you're in the market for a staple palette for everyday makeup looks then look no further! This is for you! If you like color in your palette (there isn't much bright colors if any) or if you have lots of palettes that are for neutral looks then you may be able to dupe this in your own collection.

on 2/13/2018 1:59:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

tl;dr This was my first big-girl palette. I think it's a good neutral palette for beginners given the quality and color selection, but it has a few flaws. I'd probably not repurchase if I lost it or ran out, because there's so much other eyeshadow I want to try, though I would be sad about not having Rebel anymore.

Pros:
1. Most shades are very nice, soft, and easy to blend.
2. Good, basic selection of colors. A cream, a peachy “base shade” for light to medium-toned people, a couple dark shades for liner, a warm and a cool transition/crease shade, and three shimmers.
3. It’s mostly matte. This could be a pro or a con depending on your preferences, but I’m glad that a palette exists that’s the inverse of the Naked palettes’ “you get exactly three (3) mattes” thing.
4. The standout shade (for me): Rebel! It’s a beautiful red-toned medium-deep brown. Obviously red/warm tones are super in now, and Rebel’s a bit subtler than e.g. Modern Renaissance. Great for the outer V, great for deepening the crease in more dramatic looks, great for darkening the lower lashline and pulling together the look.
5. It smells like chocolate! Not gross, artificial chocolate either, but like proper cacao powder, with a bit of vanilla. Tarte doesn’t advertise this fact - goodness knows why - but it was a really nice surprise, and having something so nice-smelling makes me happy in the mornings when I use it.
Cons:
1. I feel like the three dark shades on the right are samey; the palette would be better with a chocolate brown and a purple instead of Smokeshow and Activist, which are quite similar to me.
2. Funny Girl, the gold shimmer, is disappointing, in a way that's difficult to describe. It’s like it’s not very opaque? Or it reads as just a lot of gold glitter particles - not as a single coherent color.
3. The paint on the packaging - the pink/purple design, not the gold - is slowly but surely cracking, flaking off and getting everywhere. Everything else about the packaging - snap closure, mirror, general sturdiness - is nice though.
4. Darker shades have some blendability isuses, but I mostly use them for liner so it's not an issue for me.

on 1/28/2018 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not much to say about this palette that hasn't already been said - I love it and I've actually found myself ignoring my UD Naked Palettes (all of them) in favor of this one. I love that you can use the dark colors as liners, and I love how they arranged them by color family from top to bottom. I definitely want to check out some of Tarte's other palettes now!

on 1/24/2018 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not much to add that hasn't already been said about this fabulous palette... Perfect shades for everyday, buttery soft, great wear time, beautiful packaging you always get with Tarte products, no one in this price range beats Tarte on luxe packaging, and most higher priced brands don't either. This is a palette you can travel with, and a great basic everyone needs. Definitely recommend.