Tarte TARTElette In Bloom

Tarte TARTElette In Bloom

4.5

on 5/12/2018 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely adore this palette. The packaging is great for travel and has a nice mirror that goes along with it. There are warm, cool, and neutral tones in this nude/basic-ish palette, which makes it really versatile on different skin tones. I am especially in love with the mattes in this palette. They are so easy to blend out and are pigmented, but not to the point that it's too pigmented that it's hard to work with. Definitely the palette in my collection that I reach for the most.

on 2/13/2018 1:59:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

tl;dr This was my first big-girl palette. I think it's a good neutral palette for beginners given the quality and color selection, but it has a few flaws. I'd probably not repurchase if I lost it or ran out, because there's so much other eyeshadow I want to try, though I would be sad about not having Rebel anymore.

Pros:
1. Most shades are very nice, soft, and easy to blend.
2. Good, basic selection of colors. A cream, a peachy “base shade” for light to medium-toned people, a couple dark shades for liner, a warm and a cool transition/crease shade, and three shimmers.
3. It’s mostly matte. This could be a pro or a con depending on your preferences, but I’m glad that a palette exists that’s the inverse of the Naked palettes’ “you get exactly three (3) mattes” thing.
4. The standout shade (for me): Rebel! It’s a beautiful red-toned medium-deep brown. Obviously red/warm tones are super in now, and Rebel’s a bit subtler than e.g. Modern Renaissance. Great for the outer V, great for deepening the crease in more dramatic looks, great for darkening the lower lashline and pulling together the look.
5. It smells like chocolate! Not gross, artificial chocolate either, but like proper cacao powder, with a bit of vanilla. Tarte doesn’t advertise this fact - goodness knows why - but it was a really nice surprise, and having something so nice-smelling makes me happy in the mornings when I use it.
Cons:
1. I feel like the three dark shades on the right are samey; the palette would be better with a chocolate brown and a purple instead of Smokeshow and Activist, which are quite similar to me.
2. Funny Girl, the gold shimmer, is disappointing, in a way that's difficult to describe. It’s like it’s not very opaque? Or it reads as just a lot of gold glitter particles - not as a single coherent color.
3. The paint on the packaging - the pink/purple design, not the gold - is slowly but surely cracking, flaking off and getting everywhere. Everything else about the packaging - snap closure, mirror, general sturdiness - is nice though.
4. Darker shades have some blendability isuses, but I mostly use them for liner so it's not an issue for me.

on 1/28/2018 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not much to say about this palette that hasn't already been said - I love it and I've actually found myself ignoring my UD Naked Palettes (all of them) in favor of this one. I love that you can use the dark colors as liners, and I love how they arranged them by color family from top to bottom. I definitely want to check out some of Tarte's other palettes now!

on 1/24/2018 10:48:00 PM

Not much to add that hasn't already been said about this fabulous palette... Perfect shades for everyday, buttery soft, great wear time, beautiful packaging you always get with Tarte products, no one in this price range beats Tarte on luxe packaging, and most higher priced brands don't either. This is a palette you can travel with, and a great basic everyone needs. Definitely recommend.

on 11/5/2017 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Okay, so I'm no pro at makeup and lowkey suck at blending, also, I don't own any expensive or amazing brushes either. I got this because of all the rave reviews and the first time I tried it I fell madly in love with it. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because the very first time I used the shade called "Leader" it would not blend out for the life of me at all, it was just all this dark colour focused in on one spot. However, this only happened on one eye and it blended beautifully on the other eye. These colours are absolutely stunning when swatched and when applied to the eyes, the matte shades are phenomenal and blend like butter. These colours are quite powdery though, which I have no issue with but if you do then just keep that in mind. Another thing, every time I apply anything on my lid which had shimmer in it, my crease would sparkle as soon as I fully opened my eyes, but that never happened with this palette which I'm so thankful for. Overall, this is my new holy grail eyeshadow palette and I'd recommend it to everyone and anyone!

on 10/31/2017 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is such an amazing palette! I love the combination of warm and cool tones; they work on a variety of skin tones. I can create dramatic and wearable/everyday looks. The shadows are pigmented and very blendable. Some shades do have a bit of fallout, but if you do your eye makeup before your foundation & concealer it shouldn’t be an issue.

on 10/10/2017 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was my first high-end palette. I love it for the neutrals. Such a wonderful everyday palette - always looks good. The shades are wonderful and the texture is buttery and creamy. The only downside of this palette is that the 2 brown shades are so darn similar. I would have liked to have seen one more transition shade instead of the warm & cool versions of brown. Overall, it's a good beginner palette and would still recommenced it. You can get a variety of "neutral" looks with it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an absolutely fantastic palette. I find all the mattes to work really well as transition shades and in the outer-v and each one has a distinct purpose for me. I find I can use this for everyday looks, for work, for going out, for special events - everything.

I love the shade firecracker, it's the perfect shimmer to create a smoky/monochromatic eye and then funny girl as a lid highlight. These stay on alll day and give so much warmth to the eye. The shade rocker is so underrated IMHO, it's a silvery-taupe satin/shimmer that wears really well as a subtle lid colour for work or daytime events.

If you're not sure about the formula or if you need all of these shades, check out the little tartelette tease palette. It's the same formula with similar shades and perfect for travel.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The perfect palette for a beginner or even a pro! 12 pigmented, buttery, to-die-for shadows. Some do have fallout, but all in all, this is an amazing palette to dive into. Shadows are easily blendable and simply stunning. A must have

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

TL;DR: This palette is a top notch from pigmentation, formula, packaging wise. If you love neutral-warm toned colours, these are for you.

I will start by stating how much I love this palette. This palette is personally perfect for me, to the point it almost feel like this palette is personally made for me. The ratio between cool and warm toned colour is perfect, as well as the ratio between matte and shimmers. All the shadows are pigmented, all of them are buttery and feel really really nice. And don't let me start with the packaging. I feel like a amazonian goddess when I received this. I literally have nothing bad to say about this palette!