Tarte TARTElette In Bloom

TARTElette In BloomTARTElette In BloomTARTElette In BloomTARTElette In Bloom

4.6

on 9/24/2017 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I lave this palette! Great neutrals (my “to go” colors always) and a few shimmer shades to just jazz it up a bit, this makes the palette an overall lovely contrast, perfect for all occasions. I have no issues with crashing or fading, and my skin is quite oily as well as because I’m 33, I am beginning to show fine lines around my eyes, these shows lay lovely without falling into my fine lines.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I was originally interested in this palette because of all the hype. The colors are right up my alley. Neutrals, warm tones...this seemed perfect. I swatched all the colors every time I went into Ulta and waivered over whether I should finally get it. So I did. And I just don't get it. I don't understand why everyone loves this so much! The dark colors are hard and chalky. Couldn't use them as liners because I ended up with insane fallout, even if I dampened the brush. The pale shimmer is flaky and awful. The cool tone one at the top was okay, but didn't look right on my skintone. Firecracker is the only shade in this palette I liked. Not worth it to keep just for that. The other pale mattes weren't pigmented enough to be used alone as lid shades, and I have other similar colors I like more for the crease. Meh, I think there are better palettes out there. Though the outside of the palette is beautiful, and the large mirror is nice.

on 7/27/2017 2:46:00 AM

I was first introduced to Tarte through the reviews on YouTube. I purchased the Tartelette palette as soon as Sephora opened in Australia. The formula of the Bloom is even better than the first. I have oily lids and as you may know this means my eye-shadows cannot last the day without a good primer (I suggest Elf or MAC paint pot). Tarte's shadows worked and lasted without primer, I was amazed. I love using these shadows as a base to make other palette shadows last longer on my eyes. But even with this achievement, I can say I love the Tartlette in Bloom for it's colours more.

There isn't a colour I don't like. The powders are softer than the Tartlette and blend into skin so smoothly and effortlessly. If you are looking for everyday natural looks this is the palette. I also LOVE the shimmers in this. I'm not into high glimmer / shimmer looks, but love the iridescent glow these sheens add to any look. You can top them over other shadows and they fix and look stunning. Absolutely love. Also the light shimmer shade on the left corner is beautiful as a topper (I don't tend to use it as a shadow).

I would definitely recommend especially to my oily girls.

Can't live without this palette! The mattes blend effortlessly and the shimmers are so gorgeous. Such a versatile palette. From super smokey to soft and pretty. This palette suits every skin tone.

on 4/2/2017 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Must have palette for both everyday and going out looks. Blends great with lots of options. One of few large purchases that I don't regret

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this palette so much and I use it every day. Good pigmentation, blendable, good color choices.

on 12/30/2016 11:08:00 AM

I love this palette, specifically for traveling. The packaging is gorgeous and the color selection is so beautiful. The formula is not my favorite, but still works wonderfully. I highly recommend it 💞

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

The Tartelette in bloom is hands down my favorite palette. I have Naked1 and 2, Smashbox Full Exposure, and Too Faced palettes and the Tartelette is still the winner. I can make so many different looks with this and love the quality of the eyeshadow. The pigment and ease of application is great. The packaging is sturdy and functional as well as beautiful. I love the mattes and shimmers. Smells amazing. This is that one palette that I open and stare at for no reason. I also bought the Tartelette Tease as a supplement (it doesn't need a supplement, but the colors are just different enough to make it worth it) and it is on par with quality too.

The shadows blend easy. It was a great palette for a beginner. It has an array of transition and crease shades. It is the palette that requires the least thought and planning for me to put together a look.

Longevity update: today I ran for over an hour in the rain. My eyeshadow still looked the same as when I left the house. Can't say the same for my mascara. Just makes me love this palette more!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I got this palette to act as my all-in-one travel palette and it's pretty good but not great. I had debated between this and the chocolate bar (which I do not own) for a long time.
Overall the shades are amazing. They are useful and it has everything. That bottom row is stunning. I could wear just that every day. I love that it has a warm black brown and a cool black brown for setting liner. It has a great browbone shade for me. It has brow shades that the color could work even if the texture does not (I'll get to that later). The shimmery shades LOOK amazing and add interest (again, more on that later). I try really hard to only purchase palettes in which I like and use EVERY shadow (which is why I've never owned a Lorac pro, Too Faced, or a Kat Von D palette). Shade wise, this palette does that. I did a one month one palette with it and loved it at the end of the month. I will keep it. But...
The overall shadow quality is average which disappoints me. By average I mean it's not MAC or Urban Decay, but it's also a heck of a lot better than Morphe and any drugstore eyeshadow I've ever tried (except L'Oreal infallible as shimmers). It disappoints me because it keeps this palette from being the best ever and the only one I'd ever need. The mattes are dusty and skip sometimes but they are manageable. They are also very soft in application so it's hard to do anything precise with them, i.e. brows. For example, I use MAC cork for my brows all the time and get a nice sharp line; I can't get these shadows to do that. My brows always look a bit caterpillar-esk. The shimmers are all disappointing for different reasons. Funny girl has a very very glittery texture with minimal color in its base. Rocket is one of the reasons I got this but the color on the lid is nothing like it swatches. It is a dusty muddy taupe if applied dry with that non descript drugstore "I'm not matte but I'm sure not shimmery" finish. And firecracker weirdly doesn't go on how it looks either. It looks very red and and warm but applies cool, but at least it's smooth and shimmery. For all three you need to apply them wet to get good color pay off that's true to pan but then they can look a bit crepey. And the shadows themselves don't like getting wet so I suggest getting it on the brush and spraying your brush and not double dipping.
I do prefer this to the original Tartelette palette. I think that one has more muddy shades. It's also very useful, but the interesting mattes (middle row to me) are among the worst performing in that palette whereas the interesting row in this one (bottom row) is quite nice. I had wanted to try a grey shadow and the grey in the first Tartelette is the worst in the entire palette.
If you are looking for matte basics, I might try the Kat Von D shade and light palette (but I've never tried it) and buy interesting shimmery singles to supplement. If you want a one and done palette, it's ok and I don't have a better suggestion (hence why I bought this one). Maybe the first Naked palette, it's definitely better quality but it's missing some shades I'd like and has several shades I never use in it. If I could swap out a couple shades, the original naked palette would be perfect. It nailed the gorgeous shimmery interesting shades and has a couple good mattes but I never use the rest and they could be much better, more useful mattes. If you are a shadow junkie with lots of MAC singles (raises hand) then you might just customize a one and done to travel with and be more satisfied with that. There are shades in the palette I don't see in any lines with singles (the two black browns, sweetheart for example) which is why I keep and use this. Have I confused you enough?

on 8/13/2016 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my firs review here and i decided it shoul be about something i absolutely adore. packaging, all the perfect colours you need,lovely smell..aah. Colour pay off is sooo good you only need a slightest touch with brush. And it gives so many beautiful combinations and options-perfect!