Cover FX Illuminating setting powder

No Image

4.7

on 9/9/2016 11:14:00 AM

i have super sensitive skin but this powder doesn't cause any irritation or break outs.......also gives nice dewy finish..........it's just after putting a general amount, my face still feels wet........i have combination skin with dry cheeks and oily t-zone so i use a seperate oil controlling powder there......i understand it's supposed to be moisturizing but how my skin still wet after application kinda defeat the purpose of using a setting powder.......maybe it will be better to be used in winter times.......but overall i still think it's a good product.
Update: They have increased the price but changed the packaging to a cheap lid that opens side way........it's completely in the way while i try to pour the powder out to the lid......there is often some powder stucked there so when i need to get powder out those powder will get all over my table........after putting up with it for two weeks i have ripped it off and if in the future i will to travel with it, i will just put a puff in between as a stopper.........sigh....

on 3/22/2016 2:47:00 PM

This is a really beautiful setting powder. It gives a soft glow without being sparkly or shimmery or "powdery" at all. The price is about double what I would normally pay for powder but it's pretty luxe, I would say its worth it. My skins combo and this doesn't make me feel dry whatsoever (rare) and also doesn't look too shiny or matte. I got it in "light" and its invisible, undetectable, and beautiful. I don't wear foundation but it keeps my concealer in place

on 12/4/2015 3:31:00 AM

I've been wearing the Cover FX setting powder for almost a year now. It's rare when I repurchase the same makeup items. There are only a hand full of items that I buy more than once because I'm always looking for something better. I have a habit of this with foundation, eyeliner, and mascara. So when I rebuy a product, I really love it. This is my second jar. There are two types of setting powder through Cover FX, one is matte and one is illuminating. I bought the illuminating because I have dry skin and fine lines. I use the Kat Von D foundation and it's very matte so I wanted a good setting powder that would soften up the matte finish slightly. I love this powder. It has a soft glow but it doesn't make the face look shiny or shimmery at all. It just softens all my fine lines and gives a beautiful finish to the skin. the container is 10g and has a sifter on top that has a turn cover so the product does not spill out. It retails for $32 and I buy mine through Sephora. I wouldn't recommend this for people with oily skin but it works well with my dry skin. I am 38 years old and now that I'm getting older, I notice that I tend to shy away from shimmer on my face and I was worried to try this. I thought it would make me look waxy but it made my skin very glowy and soft. The illumination of this product is subtle. I love it and will continue to repurchase.