Maybelline New York Fit Me! Set + Smooth Powder for Normal to Dry Skin

Maybelline New York Fit Me! Set + Smooth Powder for Normal to Dry Skin
Fit Me! Set + Smooth Powder for Normal to Dry Skin

4.3

INGREDIENTS: TALC, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, ISODECYL NEOPENTANOATE, NYLON-12, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL [ /- MAY CONTAIN: MICA, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES] F.I.L. D43256/1

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Perfect for dry skin. Nice coverage, feels so light and very affordable. Perfect.

on 8/1/2018 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really, really like this powder.
As someone with combination skin - this powder wasn't made for me, however, I still very much like the finish it gives me, and the tint it gives my skin. It's so pretty, and I'd use this over a matte powder any day
The only complaint that I would have is that it doesn't last that long for me (it still lasts impressive given my skin type) but I find it unfair to dock points for that given that it wasn't made for my skin type in the first place.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This powder's amazing! I've tried their Fit Me Loose which gives me a dull complexion while their Matte & Poreless gave me slight rash. This smooth one's obviously catered to my skin type. I put it over my Rimmel Match perfection foundation today & not only did it provide tons of extra coverage, but it left a nice smooth healthy glowy, yet natural finish. It doesn't even look like I'm wearing powder. There's no cakey layered make up face look. I bought it for only $7 on sale. It's only 1st day I've had it tho. I've got lots of other foundations & will test it over them as well. Loving it so far...

on 6/23/2018 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The only complaint I have about this product is the packaging, it’s cheap and hard to use the powder and the mirror at the same time, but other than that, it’s a wonderful product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

As a teen who doesn’t own foundation, I used this as a “foundation” powder. I’ve done this with other finishing powders and it has worked perfectly fine, seeing as I don’t do full coverage. But this powder, well, let’s just say my face is as sparkly as the time mykie (Glam and Gore) decided to do a full-face-of-glitter challenge.

Not only that, but the stuff is an epidemic. It has somehow gotten onto brushes I haven’t even used the powder with, and now I can’t even set my concealer without looking like I decided to join the glitter force.

The little pad thing it comes with to put on the powder, yeah, extremely awkward to hold, actually you can’t really hold it. It surprisingly does a good job of not picking up all the powder. You get a really good amount of the powder off of the pad... with a lot of fallout.
I suggest a brush.

In addition, the packaging is clunky and cheap. It’s taller than it needs to be and when you turn it upside down you can hear the compact moving around. It still stays in its little hole, but it’s moving in there.

Side note: the website says that it’s good for all skin types, but the actual package states that it’s only good for normal to dry skin tones.

In conclusion, the powder is nice, I recommend it... if you wanna look like a disco ball. I kid you not, you can not get rid of the sparkles. I washed my face 3 times and then proceeded to go without make up for 3 weeks and guess what? My face face was still sparkly.

I love the FITme range and use their poreless foundation and concealer as my everyday cheap go to items. But this was too grainy for me in consistency, it almost has like grainy bumps in the pan after you've used it for a while. I like very finely milled powders way more. A PRO however is that its not unnaturally matt, so it looks like skin.

On me it made my face look like I swirled sand on it, not overly mat but heavy. Pretty from a distance, not so much if you are very close to the person wearing it.

I think perhaps it would be good for teens with gooey skin or folks with rough textured skin as the grainy quality would look more natural than a finely milled powder which only excentuates rough skin. It furthermore has no glitter and no fragrance and looks semi mat on the skin.

Not for me but still 3 stars.

Okay. I had to write this review because I cannot believe what I found with this product. I have not purchased drugstore makeup in years and years and years. Now I'm always on the hunt for the exact perfect foundation and powder. Well I found the foundation of this at the dollar store and went ahead and purchased it thinking that I was wasting $5. But I was going to try. Well I have combination skin with a lot of shine and I also need a full coverage. I tried the foundation of this line called matte & poreless first and I was shocked at how perfectly it match my skin tone and how will it covered. This literally has out-performed my $65 foundations. I couldn't believe the coverage of the foundation so I went ahead and purchased the powder. This powder also was a complete shock. I never liked drugstore products and this blew my mind. Now I use the foundation with the powder and the results are simply unbelievable. It fully controls my shine and it feels like I have nothing on even when I have both the powder and Foundation. That's how much lighter these products are. Since it is so cheap I would urge everyone to look up the right shade and try it. It really truly works and I wonder is unbelievable way for the price. I will never be without these products again. Now this is what I've been doing since I have a million high-end foundations that I also want to use. On weekends and days off I use the Maybelline and 4 special occasions I will use my expensive Foundation. Doing it that way just makes me feel better about having spent over 5,000 at least on foundations and powders before I found this. There is only one small catch. You do have to touch up more often but even if you didn't it's not going to look bad. Just shine might start coming through. Everybody should do them self a favor that's used to high end and try this one time

on 8/7/2017 3:31:00 PM

i have tried so many high end pressed powder but didnt have luck finding one o like...i have really sensitive skin and it seems liked all those expensive powder have too many fancy ingredients which gives more chance to irritate my skin...thats how i started trying on drug store makeup which is more simple and often with a short ingredients list....
this powder is great for touch up and its makes my skin looks smooth with medium coverages...the best thing is that it doesnt dry out my skin nor cause any problems for me...this baby is only 5 99!!! althought my t zone is oily but this keeps it from being too oily and gives radient finish.....i really do not have any bad thing to say about this product!!! highly recommended!!!!

reference: i'm between nc25 to nc 30...and i have this is 225 medium buff and it works fine eventhough it's not exactly yellow tone.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Personally, I use this to kind of bake my concealer. The shade 110 Porcelain is only a bit lighter than my skin, so it makes my under eyes even brighter.

I tried using it on my face, and it made me look like a ghost.

So in conclusion, I don't think it would be good for a face powder, but I do like it to set my concealer. It's nothing special, but hey, it's cheap.

By the way, the shade 110 is MUCH lighter than in the photo. It is a bit lighter than the Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless foundation in the shade 110, just for reference.

EDIT: Not good for the setting! Too sparkly!

on 6/30/2017 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Overall coverage is nice. I use this to touch up foundation throughout the day that may have gotten messed up by me touching my face and it is able to sit nicely on top of liquid foundation. The size of the product and the fact that it has a mirror and a sponge makes it very easy to put in my purse and application easy.