Mario Badescu Drying Mask

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Mario Badescu Drying Mask

3.9

Ingredients: Deionized Water (Aqua),Kaolin,Wheat (Triticum Vulgare) Starch, Calamine,Ichthammol,Propylene Glycol, Colloidal Sulfur, Titanium Dioxide 5/20/09

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

As someone who suffered from acne from middle school, this product really works for me.

At first I was sceptical as acne products never really worked well on my skin and even made my acne worse and hurt so much but everything change when I decided to purchase this.

I could feel uncomfortable itch and tingling when I applied this on my face for the first time and I thought my skin will react badly and I was wrong!

The more I use this mask, my acne starts to slowly disappear and I even noticed my acne scars and uneven texture of my skin change into the positive side. My skin starts to peeling and my skin become dry, flaky around my acnes but after that phase passed, my skin got better and no more flakyness anymore. Surely, this product not for anyone who wants to have fast result but just give it a try, it's worth the money! (Although I really hate the smell)

I personally think this product really not suitable for someone with dry skin because this product will strip oil from your face and causes really ugly flakiness when you use it for one or two first week.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my monthly/bi weekly mask treatment for when my skin is really acting up. Like with all of their stuff for acne, it smells terrible. But this mask works very well, and I've used it to the very end, and purchased again and again.
I'm now going on my third bottle.
Good treatment for occasional use for when you really need to show your acne (especially cystic acne) who is boss!

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Bought this because I was desperate. I am having cystic acne popping up everywhere after I stopped my antibiotics medication for acne.

Anyway this product comes in the usual MB plastic tub, the texture of this is semi pudding like but I don't like the smell it can really linger for long.

I applied this over those ingrown huge cysts without head overnight and it will either help to develop a head for popping or it will flatten it out a bit. For those acne without heads, it will shrink over a course of a few days, if applied daily. For those which has a head, you can pop it and apply this over the next day, the swelling would have subsided leaving only a scab.

Fantastic product and is much cheaper in US as compared to Singapore.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS MASK! I usually buy masks just for fun, hoping that they will do something for my skin but this one actually makes my pores look like they never existed! It does dry out the skin though, so I moisturise heavily afterwards, thank goodness that I have oily skin. In regards to pimples, I am not sure if it does anything because my pimples heal very slow and I use other treatments for my acne as well. But I think it does prevent new ones from forming by clearing out your pores. Definitely worth a try! Oh, beware of the scent; it smells horrible!

on 8/28/2014 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a good clay based mask with some sulfur (which gives this mask a distinct stinky smell). Does a good job of drying out acne. Does not tingle like Queen Helene Mint Julep mask. Smooth application and rinses easily. Dry time is about 10 minutes for a thin layer. I just can't get pass the smell.

I just use it as on overnight spot treatment for acne to finish the jar off.

Still does not surpass my GLAMGLOW mask (HG mask)

on 1/18/2014 3:45:00 AM

This stuff seriously stinks. It smells terrible to the max, but it works like a charm everytime.

Flattens my pimples with no effort and quickly. Just two nights and most bumps would have went away by then. I have super acne prone skin so I would recommend once a week of this drying mask on the whole face for about 20-30 mins. (Thin coat pls) Keeps your skin clear!

on 4/2/2013 7:08:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got a sample of this from doing the survey on the Mario Badescu website. I like masks and this feels good going on and fine while it sits on your face. However, I have noticed a few small pimples - bumps more than anything else - after using this twice. I'm a little upset since my skin had been clearing up and this mask is supposed to treat, rather than cause, acne.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This mask has sulfur and smells absolutely disgusting. However, I love it because it kills big zits before they surface. I do not use this as a mask, but as an overnight spot treatment. When I feel like a pimple is about to surface, I put this on overnight, and it usually will not erupt. If I wait until the blemish has started to surface, it takes two or three nights of treatment, but it will usually not surface, and if it does, it will have a very short, less ugly lifespan.

on 2/10/2012 7:37:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

It's an okay mask. I like it. I've used it several times before. Will I get it again? I'm not quite sure. It's expensive and it kinda reeks. It's not a miracle mask really. While it works alright I've used other cheaper masks that worked just as well. I like the other MB products more. Like the drying cream or the buffering lotion. They work a lot better at battling my acne than this mask does. Did the mask help clear my skin? It made my pores feel tighter, and it did lessen some of the blackheads. But any good mask does that I think.

on 5/26/2011 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got the drying mask as a sample from mario badescu. I don't really know what I think of it...it works kinda, but not as much as I thought I would. It smells pretty gross. I have to leave it on for waaay longer than the recommended time, I leave it on for about 30 mins to an hour, when it says you only need to for 15-20 minutes, and even then it doesn't shrink up my zits remarkably. I might get it as a sample again from them, but I would never pay any money for it.