Mario Badescu Drying Mask

Mario Badescu Drying Mask

3.7

Ingredients: Deionized Water (Aqua),Kaolin,Wheat (Triticum Vulgare) Starch, Calamine,Ichthammol,Propylene Glycol, Colloidal Sulfur, Titanium Dioxide 5/20/09

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Bought this because I was desperate. I am having cystic acne popping up everywhere after I stopped my antibiotics medication for acne.

Anyway this product comes in the usual MB plastic tub, the texture of this is semi pudding like but I don't like the smell it can really linger for long.

I applied this over those ingrown huge cysts without head overnight and it will either help to develop a head for popping or it will flatten it out a bit. For those acne without heads, it will shrink over a course of a few days, if applied daily. For those which has a head, you can pop it and apply this over the next day, the swelling would have subsided leaving only a scab.

Fantastic product and is much cheaper in US as compared to Singapore.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

A wonderful product for the oily people! I can really tell a difference in my skin when I use this product.

If you have dry skin, stay away. I'm not sure that this would work well for the combination-skinned people.

To Read all 151 Reviews, Login or Join

Love this mask! I've been using it every other night for the past two weeks and I really think it's helping my acne stay under control. My skin is so soft after using this mask. I pair this with the drying lotion and these two together work amazing. Definitely try them out if you're desperate for something to control your stubborn acne.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

When you become accustomed to temperamental skin, trawling through every magazine's beauty section becomes common place and 'Mario Badescu' kept popping up. This particular product was mentioned in a Teen Vogue article - spread it on, sleep and pimple simply downsizes - so I bought in!

Beauty bay 60ml for £15.50, not terrible.

The smell is noticeable, pungent, but makes me feel like I'm actually getting a treatment: not slathering floral scented chemicals across my skin.
The little tub probably isn't the best thing, practical packaging wise, I would have maybe liked an applicator (popsicle stick?) as I end up with face mask in my acrylic nails - gr.

So! I started off by applying it at day time (all over my face because my pimples are, well... all over my face!) 20 minutes and wash off. It dries kinda fast, then washing it off you get a greyish tinge allover your face -.-: the mask doesn't like coming off, so I'd advise the use of a wash cloth if you're down with them (I don't like them personally)...

There wasn't really an improvement in my skin. I still however continue to use the product. I apply it before I sleep and end up with luscious face mask crumbs on my pillowcase - yum(!)

Not really any improvement in my pimple laden skin though.

I will continue to use it! It's been over a month but perseverance is key!

I must note that my pimples don't really have very clear white heads, they're faintly red bumps on my skin and occasionally they rise to the surface and you see a visible white head, so this could be why this product isn't working, maybe it'd be better for my cystic pussy acne.

I'll probably by Mario Badescu products in the future again, just not this one.

This isn't any better than any other clay mask, in my opinion and experience. I'm also concerned about the inclusion of wheat starch as an ingredient.

on 1/2/2015 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I don't use this as a mask, but I use it as a spot treatment. I first apply the Buffering Lotion to the spot, then apply this over it. It has an unpleasant smell, but you get used to it after awhile. It dries brown and cakey, so you can only use this at night or when you aren't planning to go out. When I've used it for under the skin, cystic acne, it flattens the pimple in 2 days. There is still a slight mark and it takes a couple more days to go away completely. You get a lot in a jar, so it will probably dry out before I run out. Overall, this works better than any spot treatment I've tried.

on 12/22/2014 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'll keep this short - OMG this stuff stinks, but damned if it doesn't work! A small dab on a zit, leave it overnight and the zit has not only been reduced in redness but shrunk at least half it's original size. Well worth every stinking penny!!

on 11/22/2014 7:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this mask. I have acne prone skin and this mask helps clear up breakouts. It smells terrible because of the sulfur, but it works really well.

Honestly, the smell isn't THAT bad. I drop serious money on my skin care. Very serious. I went to Ulta (which I hate those soul sucking pricks) in order to try a new acne regimen. They didn't have the one I wanted but I just happened to see the Mario line. The acne kit (I always buy the trial sizes first) was the same price as the one I was looking for so I decided to give it a go. Some background: I am a two time cancer survivor and anyone who has ever been through chemo and radiation will know how much it royally messes up your skin. As well as many other things. I have been in remission for 3 years since the last round and for 3 years my skin has been a disaster. I won't lie and say I have tried everything because I am picky but I do have a Pinterest account so you can imagine what things I have tried (go ahead and nod since I know you have tried some crazy shit on there). I am really surprised how well this line works for me. This mask is amazing and I really like it. I use a old (clean) foundation brush to put it on to cut down on germs by sticking my hands in the jar. I do not use this every night but rather every other night. I use it on my entire face. On my off nights I use PTR's cucumber detox mask and leave it on all night. Nothing and I mean nothing will be more moisturizing and calming than that mask all while NOT breaking you out. I digress... This in combination with the acne line and other Mario products have been awesome for me. This isn't an overnight miracle but you don't wake up the next morning with your skin looking worse. Trust me, that is an accomplishment. So try it. If you don't like it, it isn't like it cost you an arm and a leg. Pass it on to others. What may not work for you might be a super hero for someone else. Good things take time so don't look for a instant cure because there isn't one. Don't convince yourself that you aren't pretty or are gross. Mama June has a boyfriend so let that sink in.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS MASK! I usually buy masks just for fun, hoping that they will do something for my skin but this one actually makes my pores look like they never existed! It does dry out the skin though, so I moisturise heavily afterwards, thank goodness that I have oily skin. In regards to pimples, I am not sure if it does anything because my pimples heal very slow and I use other treatments for my acne as well. But I think it does prevent new ones from forming by clearing out your pores. Definitely worth a try! Oh, beware of the scent; it smells horrible!

Popular Masks