Mario Badescu Drying Mask

Mario Badescu Drying Mask

3.7

Ingredients: Deionized Water (Aqua),Kaolin,Wheat (Triticum Vulgare) Starch, Calamine,Ichthammol,Propylene Glycol, Colloidal Sulfur, Titanium Dioxide 5/20/09

on 12/17/2002 1:15:00 PM

This mask smells like gasoline or some kind of a harsh chemical. I definitely don't recommend this! The SA at Henri Bendel swore by it along with the drying lotion, but I wanted to throw it out after I used it the first time! Should have returned it right away, now it's too late.

on 1/7/2003 3:23:00 AM

STINKY. But it does work but no better than my MB Drying Lotion which doesn't reek so i will stick with that instead.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Yes it smells terrible, but it works. I've never tried the drying lotion so I don't know if that is better at drying up pimples.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Smells like cigarettes! Performs no better than a basic clay mask you would buy at a drugstore.

This mask smells like gasoline because it is sulfur based. I was amazed because it disolved all of the blackheads that were clogging my nose. All I had to do was wipe them off. This worked better than a biore strip.

Only right for very oily skin. Made my face very red afterwards as it is very harsh. Really only for severe cases. I would recommend the cucumber mask for average normal - oily skin cases. Clears up breakouts and leaves skin fresh and pores clean.

This was too drying to use as a mask, however...I tried this as an overnight spot treatment for blemishes and it worked WONDERS!!!
I use it all the time now and blemishes seem to disappear in a day or two with no irritation. Plus I don't have to worry about it bleaching my sheets like benzoyl peroxide does! One gripe is the smell (like black melted tar!) but I don't mind it too much since it does such a good job on my blemishes!

I cannot begin to describe how nasty this stuff smells. Apart from that, it seems like an average clay mask - which is to say it didn't do much for me.

on 12/30/2003 8:49:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this over the past week after I had a skin consultation at the MB salon. It was recommended that I start off w/ the mask nightly for a week to help get my ultra oily skin under control. And I must say, it's been less oily since I've started. I've also been using their whole line, so it's hard to say what's working and what isn't, but I do like this mask. I don't find that it makes me red afterwards, but my skin isn't sensitive. It smells nasty, but I don't sleep with it on. So far, I'm satisified, and would recommend it for anyone w/ out of control oiliness and problem skin. Update: Well, it got to be a bit too much after awhile, so I'm down to once a week. Still would recommend it on those nights that you're sleeping alone.

on 5/4/2004 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a trully great mask. I am a huge product junky and have tried all different brands - and for me this mask is the best. I have very oily skin that is prone to breakouts and I tend to pick on my skin a lot. So this mask is great to use after I put my face through some thorouh tourture. It calms my skin down and prevents new flare ups. I have shared this mask with 3 of my friends - all of which have different skin types and they all loved it. Another great mask is the soothing and calming mask by Mario Badescu.