Urban Decay Brow Beater Microfine Brow Pencil

3.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this thin, waxy pencil in Taupe. It’s retractable so you don’t have to sharpen it, and there’s a spoolie on the opposite end in case you like spoolies. If you have thin brows, it’s easy to fill in sparse areas and create a nice shape that isn’t too heavy or thick. The Taupe color is neutral enough for blondes – it doesn’t look orange at all. It's close to the color of MAC Fling.

However, this pencil works best when I set it with a brow powder or a shadow in a similar shade. Otherwise it can rub off if I sweat and wipe my forehead.

Recently I bought the Urban Decay Brow Box in Blondie. I already had Bathwater Blonde, but Blondie is a newer shade that is lighter and still ashy enough for me. Honey Pot is warmer and it’s good for strawberry blondes, redheads, or light caramel brown hair. Brunette is for darker shades of brown. The Brow Box also has a secret compartment with miniature tools including tiny tweezers, so it’s one of the things I like to throw in my suitcase when I leave town. The colors in the Blondie Brow Box are great for setting the Taupe Brow Beater pencil. In the past I've also used MAC Cork shadow as a brow powder.

If you are looking for a one-step automatic pencil, I felt that the Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil held up better than Urban Decay's Brow Beater (when I didn’t set it with powder) and so did Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer. If you don’t mind sharpening wooden pencils, Laura Mercier’s brow pencil is great – there are two blonde shades and two brunette shades - Fair Blonde is good for light blondes. The Urban Decay Brow Box is a has a pan of clear wax in addition to the two powders and it comes with applicators. However, I rarely use the clear wax. Out of habit, I reach for my brow pencils the most and tend to burn through them pretty quickly. I find myself replacing a pencil every three months or so, and I've never completely used up a Brow Box.

I don’t think Urban Decay's Brow Beater is bad, but I am not likely to repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this at ULTA, and while I do like the pencil, it is sooooo overpriced that it's not worth it at all, unless you are rich and like wasting money. You get .001 oz of product for $20. Didn't even last me a month. Anastasia brow wiz is the exact same product and you get .003 oz for $21. That is 3 x the amount for almost exactly the same price! Next time I will get Anastasia.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I have used the Anastasia dip brow pomade for over a year and I have to say I was never truly impressed. I used all of it because I don't let things go to waste, but it was just so dramatic and unnatural looking. I have thick, feathery brows naturally that need filling in at the ends because I have patches there from over plucking. I like my brows to look like actually hair, not like they were drawn on with a gel/wax. Plus, I was blessed with nice eyebrows, so I shouldn't have to cake on thick gel with shape them when they are really already shaped. I went to an exclusive Urban Decay booth at Ulta and they used this brown pencil on me, and I instantly fell in love. The formula wasn't too creamy where it would look thick and prone to smearing. I'm able to draw on tiny, feathery hairs to fill in my missing patches without it looking overdone and obvious. My brows looks so natural and soft! Also, another thing I love is the color. I used dark brown in the dip brow and I always felt like it pulled a weird red color. I would always go over it with brow powder to make it more neutral. I got dark in the brow beater and the color is seriously spot on! Not only do I love the way it looks, it lasts all day! I would have to use a eyeshadow primer on my brows with the dip brow because since I get oily in my t-zone, it would always smear and smudge by the end of the day without a primer. This stuff is on like glue, I don't have to worry about it going anywhere. If you have naturally thick brows, you will love this product. It's the perfect touch to really enhance your natural brows.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not pleased, no colour comes out no matter how much pressure I apply, even tried to scrape the top layer off to see if it had dried out or anything, but made no difference. Disappointed as it was the first time I'd purchased a product from this brand that I didn't like. Randomly decided to retry this product the other day and it started working again. Strange but works well now.

This is a great eyebrow pencil. I use it in Taupe and it lasts all day. I have naturally sparse brows, and the fine point makes for really realistic-looking fill-in. It's somewhat blend-able when you first apply it, and it's nice to have the brush attached. My only complaint is the quantity of product-to-price ratio. For $20 a pop, I feel like it doesn't last very long with daily applications. But, until I find a similar/better product for less, I'll keep shelling out.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I'm a fan of ABH brow whiz in Chocolate and MACs brows in Spiked, Brunette, and Lingering. Macs tends to be too soft and therefore spreads if you apply to much pressure. However the pigmentation is amazing! I thought I'd try UD's. The consistency is very waxy and I have to push pretty hard to get color to transfer. Doesn't give as much pigmentation and depending on the look I'm going for, it works for me. So if you like a natural brow then this product would be for you. I used the colors warm brown and neutral brown and both work great for my skin tone and hair color (MAC nc25 with dark hair). The packaging is awesome. Looks very high end and love that it has a spooly at the end. However I won't repurchase simply because it's expensive and lasts for only like 3-4 weeks. $20 for .001 oz. ABH is $21 for .003 oz.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was looking for the ABH Brow Wiz, but the lady in Sephora suggested this one, so I decided to give it a try. I do like it, but it ran out in four weeks! And although it is cheaper than the ABH and the one from Benefit (at least where I live), I certainly expected it to last a little longer, and that's why my overall rating for this product isn't perfect. But otherwise, I liked this a lot. I'm keeping the empty package though, because I loved the microfine brow pencil.

Nice color(dark) and easy to use, But its way too soft and runs out super quickly. Pigmentation is not so good either and it blends out olmost too well. Maybelline brow satin is better for the price..

I started out using powders and pencils years ago and it just never worked. Then I tried ABH with the famous pomade. I was heavily committed to that...until I saw this pencil. UD is my most loved brand, so I had to give it a shot. I haven't looked back. Absolutely in love with this! It takes the least amount of pressure. So effortless yet it glides perfectly the spooly on the other end makes it so convenient, just flip it around and brush. Flip it back and touch up. This paired with the clear tamer has literally changed the game. Everyone at work can't get over my perfect brows. And we all know brows are everything. ;)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

decent product but ran out way too quickly! only lasted around two months. Definitely not worth the price tag!

Popular Brows Products