Revlon ColorStay Gel Envy in Gambling Heart

4.7

Bought this in a pinch to go with a navy bridesmaid dress. Normally I stick to cruelty free brands but being interstate, couldn't track my fave brand down. This Gambling Heart polish is an amazing colour. Difficult to describe but at first glance (and in photos) it looks like a red. Up close it's a sparkly pink. Very easy to apply in fact I did it with 30mins until the wedding! I used no undercoat or top coat and it was fine. 1 coat was pretty, 2 coats much better. Can't see any need for a 3rd coat as another review mentions as I don't find it opaque, but each to their own. Removal was ok and my nails weren't stained despite the lack of base coat. It's expensive in Australia (isn't everything?!) and I'm hoping the formula holds up in the Queensland climate more than my other polishes... ahem... gluggy OPI anyone?... ahem. Oh and the gel finish is very very good, and also helps with smooth application and a friendly brush

good product

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I purchased Revlon's Gel Envy polish in Gambling Heart and the Gel Envy top coat. I can run around 7.99 at a drugstore, cheaper at stores such as Target and Walmart. This is my first time using a 'gel-like' polish. I have never had a gel manicure as well. I was drawn to the sparkle and shine of this polish. It comes off as a 'reddy' pink, maybe hot pink in some lights. I thought it was a perfect color for summer as it is a bright vibrant color. I'm also a fan of the flecks in the polish. I did not use a base coat as this polish claims to be a 2 in 1. I put on 2 coats and used the top coat. I got around 3-4 days of good wear because it chipped. Please know that I am VERY hard on my nails/hands. I type and I cleaned, gardened, washed dishes all without gloves so I was pretty impressed this manicure lasted as long as it did. I have purchased another Gel Envy- Showtime, a sparkly deep purple because I loved the color and was happy with Gambling Heart.

PROS: Applied nicely, great shine and sparkle. Gambling Heart is a great fun polish with a red-pink tone. Top coat went on easily and did add a good amount of sine as well.

CONS: Maybe price if you buy this full price at the drugstore. I had coupons and Extrabucks at CVS- so it was much cheaper. Not many of the colors thrilled me, but I'm picky about color.

I would say give this a try. I was happy with the amount of time I got from this manicure despite the abuse my nails endured!

Such a pretty shade! Revlon's Gambling Heart is a pinky-red shimmer with a jelly formula, and it's loaded with tons of microsparkles. Very feminine and cute and fun to wear. I really like this one a lot.

Four lippies instead of five because this polish is a little too sheer. It still wasn't completely opaque after three coats. Three! But application was very smooth and I'd say it has a nice formula overall.

This is something that I would buy again. Recommended.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This one of the best pinks I've ever seen. I never saw a Polish like this before. It only needs about 2 coats or so if you want it super opaque. It has tons of sparkles and it's very bright and eye catching. I highly recommend it for anyone who likes pinks. It's definitely worth the price of about $7.99.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Beautiful colour. Fantastic staying power. Got a free top coat when I bought it, so that was a bonus. Definitely recommended.

Popular Polishes