Urban Decay Naked Smoky Eyeshadow Palette

Urban Decay Naked Smoky Eyeshadow Palette
Naked Smoky Eyeshadow PaletteNaked Smoky Eyeshadow PaletteNaked Smoky Eyeshadow PaletteNaked Smoky Eyeshadow PaletteNaked Smoky Eyeshadow Palette

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was super stoked to get this palette on sale for $25, and honestly sat in the corner for a while before i got to use it... BUT when the day came for me to give her a try I was beyond excited. Let me say when I got it the first thing I did was swatch all the colors, BEAUTIFUL. So with that being said I was hyped to put some of these to use finally. All this excitement faded pretty quick once i put this on my lid -_- The colors were semi chalky, okay, whatever..you can build it up I guess. But i just was not at all impressed with this palette at all. I love using smoky colors for work and the formula in this just didn't work for me. I wanted so bad to like this palette but it's a no for me. It's not the worst in the world but Urban Decay could've done so much better.

on 9/22/2017 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is my least favorite NAKED palette. I feel like there’s too many shimmery shades in here for a smoky eye, and a lot of the colors are very similar to each other. I’m also not impressed with the formula on a lot of these. Most of them require a lot of building and I just don’t have time for that in the morning! I also don’t think this palette is very cohesive- even sitting next to each other in their pans, they look hideous together. But, the brush is life. I love the heck out of that brush and I use it everyday, so it’s almost worth it just for that.

on 9/9/2017 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have used it only once since it arrived so maybe my review is premature. Over all I like the colors. The shadow just seems dry and not what I expected. I did get it for 27 versus the 54 dollar full price through ULTA.
The packaging is awesome and the brush that's included is decent. I will continue to use it and see if my opinion changes.

on 7/11/2017 7:57:00 PM

I have all of the Naked palettes except the 2nd one and the Heat one that just came out. This one is probably my least favorite so far. I find a lot of the middle shades to be too similar to each other. There are no stand-out colors from me in this one either. Then again, what can you expect from a palette consisting of colors for a smokey eye?
However, as far as the quality, blendibility and pigmentation the shadows are on point. Urban Decay has my favorite eyeshadow consistency that I've tried thus far. No other brand comes close overall. I will say the brush that came with it is the best brush that I've had come with a palette like this. All of the other Nakeds I've had, the brush falls apart after a couple of washes. This one seems very firmly in tact around the ferulle area.

on 6/30/2017 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The colour selection is fine, too many grey shades in my opinion, because smoky eyes don't necessarily mean grey eyeshadow. They are a bit hard to work with because they don't blend that well and can get muddy, maybe that is because they feel quite tightly pressed. The pigmentation is pretty great, though. One thing that I do really like is that the majority of shades are matte. Overall, I would recommend this palette if you really like super cool toned shades and don't mind a bit of struggle with blending.

If you love make up and have a little bit of money specifically to go to make up then this is a great palette. However considering this in my top three favorite brands I was let down at the pigmentation and butteriness of the product.

on 2/23/2017 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

These shadows are beautiful... I bought this on sale right before the holidays. I love the product but I find it pricey for eyeshadow. The other thing why I am a little hesitant is I am not an expert when it comes to a smokey eye! But, these colors are so pretty and they just blend so well with each other. I can rock grey or brown or a lighter version of one of the other and it just comes out so beautiful. Different than my Loreal shades, which I am a huge fan of and will also continue to buy. I took a lipstick off on overall rating because I am not an expert with these colors and really using them to their full potential. I guess it is really not the products fault that I still have to learn. I am willing to keep trying! Price is a little high in my opinion, but they do last all day with a primer. No doubt about it. Packaging is beautiful and practical. I bought a brush cleaner / spray that I use to clean the brush. All in all a nice set. I am glad I purchased at the price I did. Not sure I would buy this same set at full price due to the fact that I am smokey eye challenged! But, I would definitely consider purchasing another set of more practical colors, i.e., browns in the future. UD makes beautiful shadows!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Got this on sale around christmas. Had been wanting it, swatched it when a friend of mine was doing her makeup fell in love with it. Urban decay eyeshadows are some of the best. Buttery, pigmented, easy to blend and last all day/night. you can't go wrong with anything from UD.

on 2/20/2017 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

i'm so in love with ud palettes, they're simply the best! i used to wear chanel eyeshadow only but once discovered these amazing palettes i can't live without them! my first one was the original naked. after Tried it i've decided to get also the smoky version and the moondust palette ❤ both beautiful! love the smoky palette, beautiful colors and not too dark. love love love

on 3/26/2017 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm giving this a 5 because it has beautiful colours and I got it for $30 during christmas, I wouldn't purchase it again at full price because I don't use smoky colours very often, however, with the attractive price and the beautiful colours and great pigmentation, I just had to purchase it.