Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmerise Cream Eyeshadow

Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmerise Cream Eyeshadow

4.2

INGREDIENTS: CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, AQUA (WATER), MICA, DIPHENYLSILOXY PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, HYDROGENATED PALM KERNEL GLYCERIDES, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DIMETHICONE/PHENYL VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, SORBITAN STEARATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, HYDROGENATED PALM GLYCERIDES, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, LAURYL METHACRYLATE/GLYCOL DIMETHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, CERESIN, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, POLYACRYLAMIDE, GLYCERIN, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN, SILICA, LAURETH-7, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, TIN OXIDE, [MAY CONTAIN ( /-): TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), ALUMINUM POWDER (CI 77000), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007), CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN (CI 77289), CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS (CI 77288), MANGANESE VIOLET (CI 77742), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), CARMINE (CI 75470), FERRIC AMMONIUM FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510)]

on 10/10/2018 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am nearly 50 and have oily, hooded lids and small eyes. I have Jean, Bette, and Star Gold. In the past eye shadows always creased up toward the end of my work shifts and I'm surprised that these have better staying power being that they are cream. I use a base (Face of Stockholm Eye Fix), as I do with any other eye product. I put a light wash of these cream shadows on the lid, and then for extra shimmer effect and opacity, I will pat some more on the mobile lid. Patting it on that area also seems to lessen the look of eye wrinkles. I love these shadows and can't wait to see what shade Charlotte will come out with next!

*Since I'm on the cusp of 50 I've been researching makeup for older women. So many articles say to avoid shimmer. These shadows are not aging at all. These can work as an accent on the mobile lid and/or under the eye with matte shadow above the crease. For me, I get more compliments and my eyes seem to stand out more with these pots than when I wore 100% matte shadows.

Another plus is it's cruelty free.

on 5/25/2018 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Recently purchased this in Veruschka. I'm not a typical user of pot shadows; MAC paint pots are a pain in the ass to apply IMO. I like that this one goes on smoothly (I use a brush so as not to contaminate the jar), has fantastic pigmentation (a little goes a LONG way), and doesn't crease (I prime my oily lids with a tiny bit of concealer first). The color of Veruschka is true to it's description, a gorgeous smokey oyster moss grey green, and while I love the color (it reminds me of a lovechild of MAC greensmoke and sumptuous olive) and when paired with the CT pencil Veruschka Mink, it's gorgeous -- BUT it's got a bit too much glitter/twinkle for my taste. I like more of a subdued/shimmer (like a MAC veluxe or satin finish) and this has just a wee wink too much glittery sparkle to it - for me. It would be amazing in a smoky eye look at night, but I haven't figured out a way to wear this during the day without looking too vampy. I will keep playing with it in hopes of making it work for a daytime look, and will buy it again for night looks.

on 3/17/2018 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was super hesitant about trying these cream shadows because a few of my favorite trusted beauty reviewers were disappointed by the longevity of these. I have hooded Asian eyelids, so I care a lot about my shadow adhering properly to the lids and staying immobile throughout the day. I finally purchased Bette because the copper is quite unique (golden shimmers on a bronze base) and have not experienced ANY issues with the staying power. I have 10 hour work days when factoring in commute, and Bette stays vibrant, creaseless, and in place by the end of the day without the help of primer. I do have dry skin and dry lids, though, so keep in mind that if you're oily you may experience more slip. Even when factoring in skin type, I have other cream shadows that crease and fade! It's also very easy to apply, perfect for patting all over the lid and bottom lashline as a single shadow look. A friend was shocked when I told her that I only had one color on my lid because the multidimensional color shifts along your eyes' natural contours. I can't speak for other colors but the formula of Bette is not much different from the coveted Tom Ford cream shadows in my opinion as far as payoff - CT is moussier.
Another thing to mention is that Bette is MUCH less yellow-green than it shows in Temptalia's pictures. I didn't even recognize it in real life because her pictures showed a gaudy costume jewelry gold, but Bette is actually a gorgeous and warm golden amber. I have olive skin and you best bet that too much of a burnished gold looks terrible on me. Even in my office, the place with the most unflattering fluorescent overhead lights, Bette is still lovely and beautiful on my complexion.

Edit: Purchased Marie Antoinette and uploaded a comparison pic between the TF shades that are often named as dupes! Bette is warmer, lighter than TF Spice. Marie Antoinette is almost the same as TF Platinum but is a hair more warm.

on 3/5/2018 10:30:00 AM

This is my HG.

I typically use Marie Antoinette and Jean, only sometimes Bette and Verucshka. I hear a rose gold is coming out and I will be first in line.

I have had these little pots for a few years, use them daily, and I haven't run out. They are blindingly beautiful shimmery colors, and I get endless compliments whenever I wear them. To me, it has the look of a wet eyeshadow application without the hassle. You really only need one color and a liner to look completely finished and glorious. I rarely ever use powder shadow now, these are so much better.

Also, Charlotte developed Tom Ford's cosmetic line, so if you like his cream eyeshadows, these are a less expensive and nearly identical option.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Got mine in Marie Antoinette & Mona Lisa, might have to say that these two are my HG eye makeup. A real life saver when i dont have plenty of time to put on shadows

on 11/17/2017 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I got the shade Betty and OHMYGOD.
Perfect gold-Amber it looks amazing on my skintone. It is so creamy and easy to work with, but it works better when your using your fingers. It is very pigminted, sets well, doesn't fade too much- it's one of my faves for sure.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Brought Cleopatra online, as Charlotte Tilbury currently does not have counter in Australia. It's real color is different with the one displayed on their poster. The color is far from attractive, it reminds me of yucky green algae in the lakes!!! Binned!!!!!!!! (But my friends said the rest colors are all gorgeous, especially Marie Antoinette. Thus I give it 3 stars rather than 1.)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I love cream eyeshadows as of late because they're so easy to use and last all day.
I was eyeing Charlotte Tilbury's Eyes to Mesmerise and debating between Jean and Marie Antoinette. I chose Marie Antoinette thanks to the feedback from a MUA'er and it's definitely the right choice for me.

Jean is definitely a very common colour that can be found in other lines but Marie Antoinette is a unique shade. It's a bronzey/taupe sort of shade that doesn't look sallow or ashy on my NC30 skin tone. It brings out my brown eyes and I have no issue with staying power. I use an eye primer (Etude) with MAC paint pot on top before applying this cream shadow and I'll add a power eyeshadow for extra staying power. (I usually use powder eyeshadows with creams)

The formula is creamier than the other cream shadows out there and it can definitely crease without primer so caveat emptor.
I'll use my finger and dab a bit on my lids and blend with my MAC 217 brush for a natural eye look.

I took off one lipstick as this particular cream shadow does require a bit more work than the others but the finish is still lovely.

I hope CT comes out with more shades.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love cream eyeshadows for my lazy days. A few quick pat-and-blend motions and some smudged eyeliner and you've got a 5-minute put-together eye look. Bette is an absolutely stunning warm amber gold with a strong metallic finish. Outside of the light, it's more of a subdued caramel brown, and where the light hits, the metallic gold sheen really pops. Because of this, it appears as a natural gradient on the eyes and that's why I love this shade in particular for a one-color look.

These cream shadows apply smoothly, are super easy to blend, don't get thick and gross when over-applied, and while they do rub away to sheerness rather quickly, I think that's actually a good thing because it gives you freedom to go natural or glam.

While the price seems hefty, you really only need the tiniest amount per use, so this little jar will last you a very long time.

on 3/4/2016 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

UPDATE November 1, 2016

I recently bought the color Marie Antoinette, which has a multi-dimensional quality that Jean lacks. Jean was my first Eyes to Mesmerise and I liked it but I wasn't blown away. Marie Antoinette is more interesting. It appears antique gold in the pot. Blended generously on the lids and layered, it is almost a taupe gold on the lids and a bronzey brown in the crease. It's very shimmery and catches the light. Applied sheerly, it looks like it has a peachy undertone, but when built up liberally it is a really nice glimmering golden beige mixed with bronze and because of the way it plays with light and shadow, it almost looks like you're wearing two colors instead of one.

I found that Marie Antoinette works best applied directly to my lids (no moisturizer beneath, and no primer). The day I wore NARS Smudge Proof Eye Base, my Eyes to Mesmerise actually didn't wear as well - it faded and creased more with the primer than without it. Go figure. However, I can wear Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Circle Perfector SPF 30 on the lids under Marie Antoinette, and it doesn't ruin anything. On the days I wore Eyes to Mesmerise without primer, Marie Antoinette lasted eight hours with minimal fading and little to no creasing. But to extend the wear, I set with powder shadow. So I apply the cream shadow all over the lids, blend the edges with a damp sponge, and go over the crease with a bronze or brown powder shadow on a blending brush - this optional step sets it nicely and then I don't have to worry about it until I remove my makeup. For a few hours of dining or cocktails, the glimmering mousse performs well on its own. This is great for an easy evening look.

I still have Mona Lisa on my wish list, but I'd like to make a serious dent in these pots first. The mousse lasts a very long time so it will probably be a few months before that happens.

MY ORIGINAL REVIEW:

I bought this in the color Jean, an ever-so-slightly peachy champagne ivory shimmer. Although the color is foolproof, I think I played it too safe. I'm enjoying it, but I think Marie Antoinette, Mona Lisa, Veruschka, and Cleopatra are far more exciting colors that are harder to duplicate in other lines. They have more dimension and shift in different light. There are similar colors to Jean in virtually every brand.

I have sensitive skin and I've had plenty of eye products I just can't use because they itch, tingle or burn. I've even had to return or pitch certain powders. This soft mousse feels good on the eyelids. I can wear this formula even when other things are too irritating.

If you have oily eyelids, I recommend applying powder shadow on top of this rather than using it as a one-and-done eye product. If you have dry eyelids and wear Eyes to Mesmerise alone, the frostiness of Jean can emphasize texture. However, if I apply The Retoucher to the lids first, and then put Jean on top, The Retoucher smooths the lids creating a better canvas for the color, and then the shimmer is more flattering on the skin. So you may have to experiment if you have dry or oily lids.

PROS:

1. Looks lovely when used over primed lids and in combination with powder shadows.

2. The Eyes to Mesmerise formula is very comfortable on my sensitive skin.

3. Comes in an adorable frosted glass jar.

4. This fluffy mousse can be applied with fingertips, whereas Bobbi Brown's cream shadows are very firm in the jar and best used with a brush. You can apply Eyes to Mesmerise with a brush if you prefer, but it's just as easy to use your finger.

5. There is a generous amount of product in each jar, relative to the small amount you have to use per wearing. This should last a year even with regular use.

6. The moist formula will not dry out, which is a common complaint among users of cream shadows in other brands.

7. If this cream shadow is followed with a powder shadow on top, it doesn't crease on me.

8. The color Marie Antoinette is lovely and different from my other golds and bronzes.

CONS:

1. I've been using Bobbi Brown's Bone Cream Shadow for years, and it can be used alone, however; Tilbury's Eyes to Mesmerise is best when layered with other things. If set with powder shadow, it lasts beautifully, but when I wore it alone, it had a tendency to fade. Jean had a tendency to crease after several hours if I failed to set it with powder, though not nearly as badly as BeneFit's cream shadows. If you have oily lids, I recommend that you use Eyes to Mesmerise as a base, but then go over the crease with powder shadow.

2. The shade Jean is not particularly unique, so if you're looking for something unusual, choose one of the deeper shades of Eyes to Mesmerise.

INGREDIENTS:

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, AQUA (WATER), MICA, DIPHENYLSILOXY PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, HYDROGENATED PALM KERNEL GLYCERIDES, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DIMETHICONE/PHENYL VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, SORBITAN STEARATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, HYDROGENATED PALM GLYCERIDES, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, LAURYL METHACRYLATE/GLYCOL DIMETHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, CERESIN, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, POLYACRYLAMIDE, GLYCERIN, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN, SILICA, LAURETH-7, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, TIN OXIDE, [MAY CONTAIN (+/-): TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), ALUMINUM POWDER (CI 77000), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007), CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN (CI 77289), CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS (CI 77288), MANGANESE VIOLET (CI 77742), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), CARMINE (CI 75470), FERRIC AMMONIUM FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510)