Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.6

on 1/21/2019 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

The foundation provides excellent coverage and is a velvet matte finish; it isn’t flat or overly drying. It is a little heavy looking in my opinion as I prefer dewier skin, but that is just my personal preference. It lasts very well, but I do need to hydrate well or it can look a little dry in areas like the crevices around my nose after a full day’s worth of wear.

Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Hmm. So I'll begin by saying the foundation is really pretty and it looks very natural, but it does transfer. So as for me I purchased this foundation with the hopes that I wouldnt have to buy 2 foundations to get my perfect shade. So I went to my local beauty store and swatched Chai, Mahogany and Tiramisu which are apart of the extended collection that Jackie Ania collabed and promoted. So heres the thing, I have both golden and Red undertones. But I prefer my golden undertones a little bit more in the center of my face and red undertones around the outer parts of my face. So when I swatched Chai, Mahogany and Tiramisu on my face and chest. I usually try to match my face with my chest. So Chai was extremely to light for me, Mahogany was a tad bit too light(can use as my winter shade) and Tiramisu was a tad bit too dark(can be used my summer shade) the one thing I really loved was the undertones are a true golden color which is absolutely beautiful. So
I'm using Tiramisu on the perimeter of my face and Mahogany in the middle to make the perfect shade for me.
The foundation sets to a natural finish as long as it's not caked on. I used a flat top brush and a beautiful blender to apply this foundation. I will honestly say I like using both and each technique you use to apply this foundation will give different results.
My final thoughts are it's a good foundation, it's on the medium pricey side and I would not run out to repurchase once I run out.
Overall I grade it a B-

on 9/14/2018 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings on this foundation. I am a 32 year old with dry skin and minimal aging. This foundation looks great on the lower half of my face. It has a beautiful glowing demi-matte finish. However, by the end of the day the foundation on my forehead has settled in to the fine lines. It's not as evident in person as it is in photos, but it's noticeable enough. When I wear this I end up using Mac Studio Fix on my forehead, and Too Faced Born This way on the rest of my face. It sounds ridiculous, but it looks good when applied.

Overall, I would say this has a very beautiful finish and is great for young dry skin with no aging. If you have any sort of fine lines, I'd steer clear or buy it under the assumption that you'll need to use it in conjunction with another product. A lot of bloggers call this their "Holy Grail", so it could just be my experience with it. It's a solid foundation aside from that issue.

on 1/20/2018 11:38:00 PM

I have normal skin and this foundation is wonderful! This is the first time I have ever bought a medium coverage, I usually go with light. It makes your skin look so smooth and healthy with a satin finish. It lasts all day with me but I do use a setting spray. I have used a lot of different foundations department store and drug store and they all work well but this is the first time I have
received so many compliments with people saying "your skin looks so smooth".

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Terrible. I find this foundation dry and cakey. It looks like I’m clearly wearing makeup. It has itty bitty glitters in it. This foundation ages my by at least 5 years...

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

NC25-30, I use Light Beige, I think Golden Beige would be a good shade too but it wasn't available in the store I got this from. This offers great coverage without looking cakey and makes skin look healthy and radiant when you first put it on. I have normal skin and I felt my skin was greasy by 5pm (I had put this on at 7am). It looked smeared on my forehead but nothing very obvious. I typically prefer matte foundations but this is a beautiful one. It lasts far better than any other dewy foundation I've tried (they usually disappear). I would highly recommend for dry skin.

Update: Tried a sample of golden beige and it is darker and warmer, but still a good match for those with a similar skintone to me.

It was a hyped foundation, I have dry combo skin in winter and it accentuates my pores, is drying and feels cakey. Kind of disappointing.

on 11/2/2017 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Shade: Ivory (close to NC15)

My favorite thing about this foundation is that it is super easy to apply. A few bounces of your beauty sponge, and this spreads like a dream. It has a soft-matte finish, and doesn't look heavy on the skin. I wish all foundations blended as easily as this one.

I would love this more if it had a better staying power. I would highly recommend setting this either with powder of a setting spray because it does transfer (and really easily at that). Not recommended for anyone who touches their face often or anyone who naps with makeup on. And the major reason why I took off stars was because of how easily this foundation broke down. After just 5 hours, my face looked a bit cakey in places, and the foundation settled into fine lines, especially the ones all around my mouth. This normally isn't an issue with other foundations. At the 7 hour mark, the foundation on my entire face really started to just break down and look awful. And after having worn this for 12 hours, I looked scary.

Overall, not a huge fan of this foundation. I would reserve this for shorter outings if I know for sure I'll be back home in under 4 hours.

on 10/24/2017 2:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really like this foundation. It gives you a healthy glow with a decent amount of coverage (about medium).You can build it to almost full coverage and it doesn't look cakey. I think it's suitable mostly for people with normal or dry skin(but not very dry/flaky), but can be wearable if you have oily skin and you're ok with reaplying powder during the day. The only downside I can find is that it's not transfer-proof.

on 9/12/2017 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I had high hopes for this as I was looking for a foundation that was extremely long-lasting, medium to full coverage, dewy (or at least luminous), and that looked really natural. A tall order, I realize but that is what this foundation sounded like when I saw beauty gurus on Youtube raving about it. I think they're probably just used to a way less natural look than what I am looking for.

I can't believe people say this "looks like skin". I was blown away by how terrible this looked. I'm 35 with relatively normal skin, some fine lines, my pores aren't that bad and I have invested more than I care to admit into my skin so I am thrilled that most people say I look younger than my age. But this foundation settled into fine lines I didn't even know I had around my eyes, and it was so dry and thick that it was impossible to blend that area out without tugging hard at my skin. I could also see every bit of texture on my skin. The person at Sephora had put Too Faced Hangover primer on first, FYI. Also, the colors ran very warm and considering I have a light olive tone I was surprised at how orange a few of the colors looked on my skin. I couldn't really get a good color match. So glad I didn't buy this online like I almost did.

FYI I currently use Ellis Faas' foundation which is gorgeous, super natural, dewy but I was looking for something a bit longer-lasting. I would definitely rather pay more money for the Ellis Faas foundation and invest in crazy good primers and/or setting sprays. than use Born This Way. Such a disappointment! If anyone knows a foundation that is dewy, medium/full coverage, long-lasting and natural/forgiving, would love recommendations!