3.3

$39.00 on Sephora
Shop Now

Reviews

a year ago

Pricing is steep here in Australia. Recently moved to Sydney where the climate is slightly different to Melbourne and found that this foundation somehow looks better than my Fenty foundation which was my holy grail in Melbourne. I find that in warmer weather the BTW looked better, which is unusual because the Fenty is more lightweight but ended up calling. I would say that the BTW is medium to high coverage on my oily, pink toned skin.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

a year ago

Hmm. So I'll begin by saying the foundation is really pretty and it looks very natural, but it does transfer. So as for me I purchased this foundation with the hopes that I wouldnt have to buy 2 foundations to get my perfect shade. So I went to my local beauty store and swatched Chai, Mahogany and Tiramisu which are apart of the extended collection that Jackie Ania collabed and promoted. So heres the thing, I have both golden and Red undertones. But I prefer my golden undertones a little bit more in the center of my face and red undertones around the outer parts of my face. So when I swatched Chai, Mahogany and Tiramisu on my face and chest. I usually try to match my face with my chest. So Chai was extremely to light for me, Mahogany was a tad bit too light(can use as my winter shade) and Tiramisu was a tad bit too dark(can be used my summer shade) the one thing I really loved was the undertones are a true golden color which is absolutely beautiful. So I'm using Tiramisu on the perimeter of my face and Mahogany in the middle to make the perfect shade for me. The foundation sets to a natural finish as long as it's not caked on. I used a flat top brush and a beautiful blender to apply this foundation. I will honestly say I like using both and each technique you use to apply this foundation will give different results. My final thoughts are it's a good foundation, it's on the medium pricey side and I would not run out to repurchase once I run out. Overall I grade it a B-

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinNormal, Deep Dark, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Coarse

a year ago

Nothing special about this at all. Doesn't last that long on the face. Not terrible but no longer than a drugstore foundation would. Nothing overly nice about the finish. It's just ok. If it was a cheap drugstore foundation I'd say fair enough but for £30 I think you could find something better. Sinks into fine lines a little too. Wouldn't repurchase but don't hate it.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

a year ago

I have mixed feelings on this foundation. I am a 32 year old with dry skin and minimal aging. This foundation looks great on the lower half of my face. It has a beautiful glowing demi-matte finish. However, by the end of the day the foundation on my forehead has settled in to the fine lines. It's not as evident in person as it is in photos, but it's noticeable enough. When I wear this I end up using Mac Studio Fix on my forehead, and Too Faced Born This way on the rest of my face. It sounds ridiculous, but it looks good when applied. Overall, I would say this has a very beautiful finish and is great for young dry skin with no aging. If you have any sort of fine lines, I'd steer clear or buy it under the assumption that you'll need to use it in conjunction with another product. A lot of bloggers call this their "Holy Grail", so it could just be my experience with it. It's a solid foundation aside from that issue.

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

a year ago

I absolutely love this foundation. It has moderate to full coverage, has a very creamy not drying texture, that gives me a near flawless look. It doesn't crease in my fine lines & stays on all day. I first use a primer then put this on then finish it off with a setting spray. I have tried countless foundations & from now on this is my new love. A must try for anyone who is in search for a new foundation.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinVery Dry, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

If you’re an oily girl like me, this foundation may not be worth buying, unless you don’t mind or can remember to blot every hour. The finish when first applied is a soft natural satin finish. But this foundation tends to let those oils break through almost immediately. You will be nice and greasy if you don’t powder or blot. It also breaks down fast, settling into pores and emphasizing texture. Unfortunately I purchased 2 bottles. I’ll probably give to friends and family with dry skin. Definitely won’t repurchase.

About reviewer (921 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Kinky, Coarse

a year ago

Not for me I have super dry sensitive skin due to some medication messed up my skin barrier I tried different primers I prep really well it didn’t dry me out which is a plus but due to skin I have horrible skin texture due to cystic acne when I was in my 20’s Anyways.......I liked the feel of it was ok but I felt like my skin couldn’t breathe and settled into suuuuuper fine lines and looked a tad crepy on my pitte scars (ugh I hate those) I recommended this for 20 something’s with smooth skin if you have textured skin due to scars of really big pores this prob won’t be your HG foundation. Also it sunk into my scars and looked gross. But the color shade was spot on since I’m a cool toned tan person my color was golden color was perfect it’s sooooo annoying when brands don’t go passed medium with cool undertone skin. Soooooo my whole shpiel is this is not for textured skin, thanks

SkinSensitive, Medium Brown, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

from

2 years ago

I wouldn’t say that this foundation is bad, BUT! I loved its formula, I loved its coverage and how it feels like nothing on skin(this foundation is medium to full coverage), it’s just that I got oily pretty quickly. So I like to take my pressed powder with me.. I will highly recommend it for people with dry skin.

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Medium

HairOther

Thank you.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

2 years ago

This foundation applies to your skin wonderfully. They have a variation of different shades , the foundation is creamy and blends very well. My only concern is, I have somewhat oily skin. This foundation looks Amazing on my skin for about 3 hours, but after about four hours my skin looks Extremely greasy. I would DEFINITELY recommend this foundation to anyone who suffers from dry skin. Great foundation , just doesn't go well with the texture of my skin.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24