Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

3.0

on 9/21/2018 2:13:00 PM

Nothing special about this at all. Doesn't last that long on the face. Not terrible but no longer than a drugstore foundation would. Nothing overly nice about the finish. It's just ok. If it was a cheap drugstore foundation I'd say fair enough but for £30 I think you could find something better. Sinks into fine lines a little too. Wouldn't repurchase but don't hate it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I had wanted to try this foundation for years but somehow never did. I saw Jackie Aina released her shades in the extended line and it piqued my interest again. I went to Ulta bare faced and swatched 3 shades down my check, jaw and neck. The shade Snow was my match, which surprised me because it’s the 3rd lightest shade and I’m usually the 1st shade in all foundations. Snow is described as being formulated for fair skin with rosy undertones. I didn’t really have high expectations for this foundation (I stopped buying too faced complexion products when they discontinued the Absolutely Flawless concealer, the shade Vanilla was my ride or die.) I was blown away by the shade match of this foundation. This is my perfect, perfect match. I thought I already found my perfect match in a KVD foundation, but this actually matches me better. I use a squalane oil (very thin layer on my skin) and a natural matte primer underneath of the foundation. I have found that it applied nicely and evenly with a brush or sponge, although I do use less product with a brush. I’d say it’s a natural finish, which is what I have been looking for lately— matte foundation is becoming too much for certain parts of my face, it’s starting to settle or crack as I age. This doesn’t crack or get caked or overly oily. I still have to touch up, but I have found that with using the squalane oil, the foundation looks so much better on the skin. The coverage is about medium, you can def build it up, but I usually do not. I have acne scars (pits) on my cheeks and this doesn’t hide them but definitely doesn’t draw attention to those areas and makes them appears a bit softer. I’ve been using this for a bit now and I don’t plan on using anything else. I am will be repurchasing for sure.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The shade range is a joke here, everything is so yellow and there are no pink toned or Truely fair shades. Even swan is yellow.
I am glad to hear they are adding cloud to be a true fair pinked tone shade and several deep shades so I will repurchase cloud to try it.
The formula is hydrating and gel like but never sets down and will transfer. It just sets on skin instead of blending in..
It feels heavy on the skin but lays well over patches and is medium coverage
I am 0cr in Dior backstage, NW10 in Mac, hourglass vanish stick in alabastaer, br10 in YSL, 3.75 in luminous silk but 2 works too, the lightest shade in L’Oréal infallible pro glow, porcelain 0.5 in tom Ford, beige rose in Chanel, shade 1 in Charlotte tilbury, R230 in MUFE- If you are a similar pink toned shade do not go for swan or snow, wait for cloud because they will not match you.

So yellow, and they oxidise down more yellow.

i have this in snow, and the color match is close (which is hard cause im ghostly pale) but, it just doesnt blend into the skin nicely. I think of this was a more radiant and glowy foundation i would like it more. As it is its more of a matte finish and it actually looks very bad on my nose. i wanted to like it. :(

on 6/5/2018 12:02:00 PM

This foundation is amazing, it lasts all day, makes your skin looks flawless BUT it breaks me out. I have a very sensitive skin and I wear nothing but Clinique foundations but I really wanted to try this one out.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Whenever I wear this foundation I feel like my skin just doesn't look healthy at all. This foundation makes my skin look super cakey, orange and streaky because of the undertones of the foundation. I prefer foundations that are lighter coverage and enhance my skin rather than just slapping on some cakey orange make-up and making my skin look too artificial. This is a no from me and I would imagine that this foundation would not be good for oily skins because I'm combination with an oily t-zone and chin and this made my skin look pretty greasy after a few hours. It's a no from me.

this was meant to be a perfect match for my skin tone and type. it is neither. i would not suggest this foundation for anyone that has sensitive, reactive, hormonal skin nor would i suggest it for pale complexions due to the choice in undertone pigments (and i generally use yellow toned foundations but this stuff was big bird level. just no.)

the foundation irritated my face so much i had to wash it off after an hour. in the hour that it was on it looked very artificial; no amount of careful application or blending made any difference. left an absolute ton of comedones on my face.

it photographs beautifully. if you have tolerant skin and take a lot of pictures of yourself this foundation is probably fantastic for the price - you do seem to get a fair amount of product for the money.

on 4/18/2018 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

At first I was in love with this but after a few uses I realized how horrible it is. It might be the only foundation that matches me perfect but it never dries on the skin so its wet and slides around all day. It looks cakey and just refuses to melt into my skin. It shows every single bit of texture in my skin, it's just ridiculous. I have tried applying it about 10 different ways to get it to work and the only thing that makes it come close to working is mixing it with my cover girl foundation and adding a drop of jojoba oil. And even then it worked some days but not everyday. I am so over this product.

on 4/11/2018 1:55:00 PM

The pricing is ok for a highend company.
This foundation didn´t blow my mind but it isn´t as bad as the other reviews says.

You cant´t apply this with your hands because it feels just dry and wierd. I apply this first with a brush and then a sponge then it melt in to my skin.
A plus for me is that this is my closest foundation shade, mine is in the shade snow.
And an other tip is to moisturize good before for those who have dryer skin and the other way around for oily skin (Just apply a little i mean).

on 4/9/2018 8:33:00 PM

I have dry/ance prone skin. Once I saw the claims of the foundation and an actual match for fair skin (which is rare), I was instantly intrigued in this product. I thought I would splurge for this foundation if it really did what it claimed. $39.00 is the most I have even bought for a foundation, and I would not buy this product again. I tried apply this foundation with different techniques, different primes, different setting techniques and at the end of the day, the product still looked awful on my skin. This foundation moved around my skins throughout the day, even after setting. I would scratch my face and then foundation would instantly rub off/move around. Also, even after one layer of foundation, I found that my skin looked even more dry and cakey. I would NOT consider spending that much money on this foundation again.