Lancome La Nuit Tresor

Lancome La Nuit Tresor

4.4

on 4/19/2017 7:47:00 AM

Spray-tested on both arms. Three squirts.

1st hour: Litchi syrup and praline. Enormous sillage. Whoah. Nose punching litchi.

2nd hour: Other notes emerge. Lovely. Now I'm also getting orchid, rose and caramel aside from litchi and praline. Sillage is LVEB style, but a touch darker, and with litchi instead of blackcurrant. I got into my car at this stage and the scent filled up the vehicle. I promptly got a compliment from my driver.

3rd hour: It gets better. Same as the above but now it's smoother, less screechy. Sillage still big, but not like in the beginning.

4th hour: Projection quiets down to moderate levels. Litchi is much fainter now. With litchi out of the picture, scent has evolved into something different. Now it smells like a box of expensive candy: I'm getting pralines, loukhoum and raspberry liquer infused chocolates. This stage is my favorite. Delicious yet also sensual. Gourmand in a decadent, refined way.

5th and 6th hour: Same scent as the above but sillage is soft now, still pretty noticeable but closer to skin, which I welcome. So far I really like it, this scent overall is like a more sophisticated, sensual version of LVEB. I like that it evolves and gets softer overtime, saves me from migraines.

7th and 8th hour: A 'clean' note pops out of nowhere and disturbs the candy party. Annoying. Like smelling candy and detergent at the same time.

9th hour: By now the scent has degraded into a generic and nondescript clean/candy smell. Soft but present. I don't like the way it smells now...stays this way for another couple hours until I head for my evening bath.

Would I buy this? I'm not sure. I'm contemplating getting a 30ml bottle. This is not the kind of scent I can see myself wearing except on dates maybe, dressy occasions and cold winter nights. For me personally, it's too rich and sweet for everyday use. The incense makes this scent less casual than LVEB, so I feel like it requires dressing up, make up and heels otherwise it'll overwhelm. But we'll see.

on 11/8/2016 9:34:00 AM

A very nice perfume. It reminds me of the original Tresor but with a remarkably more oriental and gourmand twist. Perfect for winter time, I haven‘ t tried it in hot weather yet. It is sweet but not nauseating, musk and spices save the balance!
I have seen it already has a flanker. To Lancome and all other brands: PLEASE stop making flankers and flankers of a flanker and keep the quality of the original form!!!

on 5/17/2016 9:39:00 AM

I recently got this EDP and its amazing. Its sexier and a bit darker than LVEB and sweeter than YSL Black opium, without the anise note that I hate.
The flacon is a work of art, its soo amazing.
Its sweet but with a smokier vive and an incense note that brings some depth.
I love Midnight Tresor and with that one I found out how elegant Lancome fragances are....so worth it.
Its defintetly heavy but in such an elegant, expensive smell way.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Edit 9/13/16: I gave this another chance and I'm glad I did. I am now completely in love with it and have been wearing it everyday for the past week. The weather has just turned to fall and this fragrance feels perfect. There is a musky note at the end that previously reminded me of bugspray, now that just feels like a bit of peppery/spicy balance to the sweetness of this, which may otherwise be too much. I adore this now and definitely recommend it to those who love their Black Opium.

Original review:
I was on the search for a fragrance in the same vein as YSL Black Opium and I read in several reviews that if you love Black Opium, you will also love La Nuit Tresor. Well I do love Black Opium, in a crazy way. So I ordered this blind, waiting for that happy moment when I fall in love all over again. Wellllll….I would say I’m more in LIKE with Nuit Tresor, but it hasn’t swept me off my feet. It’s good, but it has this one note at the very end that just smells like bugspray to me, though my nose palette is not refined enough to identify what that note is. The vanilla in this is lovely – smooth, warm and round – and is indeed slightly reminiscent of Black Opium but the bugspray note is sharp and kind of sneaks up on me at the end and spoils it. This feels like a late-Fall/Winter fragrance because it's heavy and warm - another thing it shares with Black Opium. Dry-down is a bit powdery for my liking. All in all, this fragrance is like that sweet guy that everyone in your family adores, but you don’t have any chemistry with him, probably because he keeps spraying bug spray at you.

on 5/16/2016 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this infinitely better than La Vie Est Belle. This is more fruity and spicy, but still has that sweetness that seems to be the norm lately. You know what is funny though? The body lotion in this smells entirely different from the perfume, and is actually better!

on 6/26/2016 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This perfume is addicting.. when I bought it I couldn't stop wearing it. i get many complimnets every time I wear it even from strangers. The scent is amazing and you can sense it all day long. It's lightweight.
Plus it's not so affordable but I got it on sale and I would buy it again even if it wasn't just because it's sooo good.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been on a fragrance binge lately, after not buying anything in almost ten yrs (other than a "refill" of Dolly Girl, which turned me off despite having yum memories of it from years back). I have never even remotely considered checking out a Lancome fragrance for some reason.. It never struck me as a house that would produce scents that would really, really appeal to me. (I was more of a Dior girl.) But this one, oh my! DH and I were shopping at an enormous mall in Stockholm when, feeling rather flustered, decided to just try a couple at that station, which I then did. I put this one on my left wrist; I put the In Love version on the right wrist. DH swooned.. he truly did.. and he is rarely even slightly affected by perfumes of any sort. So we bought that baby then and there! I have never looked back and am enjoying the hell out of it this autumn.

A month later, I kept recalling the scent of the In Love version and big baby here just had to have it lol.. so I have this one, the In Love one and am awaiting a mini bottle of the original Tresor, which I recall DH liking like 15 yrs ago.. it was a sample that was in a magazine. I liked it but already had a signature scent or two and just didn't react to it -- looking forward to taking it for a ride here in the next few weeks! They all seem like a good cooler months frag. Which leaves me the Midnight Rose.. if you are reading this and own the MR, pls shoot me a quick email. :) I need more feedback! Anyway, enjoy the La Nuit, because it is delicious!

on 5/16/2016 3:20:00 PM

I love this perfume! I was a huge fan of la vie est belle and this one is just as good. its a lot sexier and darker. it is sweet but cut with enough spice to not be sickening. also the staying power is very good. I always get compliments.

Your Product is really good

This is my favourite perfume ever! It smells so nice, if you like the smell of vanilla -not sickly though- I would definitely recommend it to you. I don't think it's for either old of young people, anyone of any age could wear it. It also lasts all day until you shower or take a bath, even if you can't smell it on yourself, other people will be able too.The price is the only negative, it is far too expensive.

Popular Fragrances