38%
package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

My skin is very sensitive to SPF, both physical and chemical. I had previously tried the tinted version of this product and although it didn't irritate my skin, the tint didn't work well for me. So I had some reservations when I received a tube of this to try free from Influenster. On the plus side, this does not irritate my skin, make my pores feel suffocated, burn the area around my eyes, etc. - none of the usual SPF upset. It doesn't smell weird, it's not hard to spread, and it doesn't leave much of a white cast - there is a very minor white tint and it fades as the product dries down. This works better under foundation than many other sunscreens I've tried - didn't make my foundation break up or get cakey. The price is reasonable compared to competitors, and it's cruelty free. As for the cons, this makes my face feel increasingly dry starting about an hour after I apply it. Also, while the container (tube) is fine, I would prefer something with a pump. Since it really isn't terribly special and only provides 30SPF, it's something I would use if I received in one of DE's many wonderful sets, or as a gift, etc., but I wouldn't seek it out and repurchase on its own.

About reviewer (361 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Other

8 months ago

I really wanted to like this sunscreen, but unfortunately it’s not for me. Texture: 4/10 - it’s very thick and heavy, and dried quite sticky. It also leaves white streaks if you don’t rub it in well enough. Smell: 5/10 - it doesn’t have much of a smell, but to also doesn’t smell great. Packaging: 8/10 - love the tub and it is a large package, so it is a good value. If you like a heavy sunscreen you may like this, but if you prefer something lighter I’d move on.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair

HairGrey

EyesViolet

10 months ago

I'm trying a sample and so far I like this. I was specifically looking for an everyday mineral based sunscreen without silicone for my sensitive, acne-prone skin and this was recommended to me. Yes the texture feels thick and suncreen-y when applying, but it sinks in fast and I totally forget about it after a minute. My skin felt nice all day, didn't get oily, and my makeup looked good - awesome! Worth the initial distaste over the texture for me. I didn't notice any white cast or pilling.

About reviewer (76 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

10 months ago

This sunscreen moisturizes and feels comfortable. It’s for indoors/low sweaty conditions. It is physical so there is an initial white cast, which i like because i can see where I’ve put it and where needs more. This does not pill on me as everyone else claims, but i do not wear anything else on top. It does dry down and does not accentuate my fine lines and wrinkles. I have dry skin and this is enough moisture on top of a serum and emulsion. The zinc oxide also helps with sensitivity and redness. I have purchased this more than several times over the past few years...Loves!!

About reviewer (63 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

a year ago

Skincare is very personal, and what works for some doesn't for others. So I usually never review skincare, but I have tried most of DE products for more than 3 months and I think I have a very good sense of how they work on my type of skin. I have oily or oily combination skin, depends on the season, and I'm prone to breakouts. I found this SPF to be too heavy and hydrating for my skin type. I tried using it for more than 2 months and while it felt comfortable, it didn't have a noticeable smell of it peeled off, it made my makeup look bad within a few hours and my skin very oily. I had to blot several times a day and I ended up looking not my best after so many touchups. So this is probably going to work on combination dry or dry skin types only. I will finish this up using it as a body cream with SPF, but it will not touch the skin of my face again.

About reviewer (58 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

1.0

a year ago

Love the ingredients in this sunscreen but it kept pilling on my skin no method what technique i used to apply it. Now i have to use it as a body sunscreen. It also did not broke out on my acne prone skin and was comfortable. Would be great if the formulation could be changed to minimize streaking and pilling.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

1.0

a year ago

This stuff smells awful, is somehow dry and also broke me out. I really didn’t like this. Fine on bare skin but makes your makeup terribly cakey. Packaging is lovely though. The juice just sucks.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

HairOther

EyesGreen

2 years ago

** FYI their press rep Lanie Parr of Poke PR ALLEGEDLY gets them in Allure Best of every year (mostly this product) it pays to pay the right people! This product is not very liked and it keeps "winning" allure awards in 2018 winning readers choice which is a joke! It's not a high seller and is not well liked. It should also be noted that the PR brand (PokePR) who reps them gets a lot of their other brands they rep on the Allure best of list's as well.... Does not take genius to figure...... dot dot dot... My review of the product: First of all really dislike the packaging It's not very attractive does not stand upright and it's rather messy. The product itself I'm not a huge fan of- Josie Maran's (among others) is much better. This one is slightly hard to blend in leaving you look white for a bit, though it does eventually blend I just don't like the extra time it takes. It's not very moisturizing which is odd because it's thick the texture is kinda chalky. I would say try some other ones before this. Although this isn't the worst out there for the amount you get and price. However I would still pass.

About reviewer (158 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2 years ago

HG. Zinc based without the white cast that most Zinc SPF causes. It’s moisturizing without being greasy, sinks into skin beautifully. Not your basic SPF, it’s a nice skincare formula with Drunk Elephants signature Marula oil and other antioxidants. Absolutely love it!

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

I got this sunscreen in a set during the holidays, and I was excited to try it. I was disappointed, though, as it was a greasy mess. It never sank into my skin or settled at all, and any makeup that I applied on top of it slid around and looked disgusting. It was so shiny and heavy that it made my face feel super-gross. I appreciate what DE was trying to do with this, but it just does not work for my skin at all.

About reviewer (564 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm