Joico K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor

Joico K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor
K-Pak Deep Penetrating ReconstructorK-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor

4.2

Aqua, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glycol Stearate, PEG-8 Distearate, Ceteth-2, Sodium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Keratin (Quadramine Complex), Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Myristyl Myristate, Citric Acid, Parfum, Sorbic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Yeast Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Coumarin, Limonene.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got this because I was hoping this would be a good alternative to the Aphogee 2 step protein treatment, which I like but I just wanted something I can do in the shower. I got lazy with my 2x weekly deep conditioning treatments and I also got a little flat iron happy (and was skimpy with my heat protectants 😁) this summer and my hair was wavy or straight at the ends instead of curly. This was $20 for a 5 ounce bottle, which isn't terrible, but still up there. This did give the midsection of my hair it's curl back, but the ends are still on the wavy side. I'm not too crazy about the ingredients (mineral oil is the 3rd ingredient) but I love the banana and coconut smell. I did notice less breakage after using this. I like it and I am satisfied with the results but I can't get over mineral oil being so high on the ingredient list, so I probably won't repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Nothing holds a candle to this. I have literally been using this since I was 12 years old to repair my many bad hair choices. When will I ever learn? *sigh* at least I have this stuff as my savior. From black to blonde over and over in the past 10 years with varying shades of brown, bronde, ombres, balayage and everything in between. The fact that I still have hair is a miracle, let alone long, healthy hair! The olaplex step 3 is just okay, but this stuff is amazing. I jumped on the olaplex bandwagon (getting the in-salon service and the take home step 3), and while it wasn't bad, I was wondering why my hair this past year wasn't growing as fast as usual and why it just wasn't as soft and healthy. I realized that I stopped using this, and it was totally the reason why! This treatment works wonders.. no it does not moisturize really, so you must use a good conditioner afterwards. That's not what this is meant to do, though. This stuff makes your hair STRONG, resilient, and healthy. It's helped my split ends tremendously and is really helping my hair to grow again. After many years of using this I can't believe I never left a review. Don't buy into the hype of all the other products out there, this stuff is the real deal. If your hair is bleached, damaged, fried, in need of serious repair go buy this ASAP! It also smells amazing, like a coconut banana smoothie.

To Read all 373 Reviews, Login or Join

I have color treated and bleached hair which needed some serious help two months ago. I'm a serious hair-junkie and have always chemically treated my hair for years, but due to a poor diet with barely any vitamins and nutrition my hair got really dry.. So when I wanted to go back to blonde from black a few months ago my hair become chewing gum-like and way too dry! I couldn't even do a cold blow dry!

So I had to cut my hair from a medium length to a short bob to get all the chewing gum hair off, well most of it, and dye my hair from a bleached (and gross!) color to dark blonde (which I now am really loving!) to get a nice hair style. In-betwen all of this HELL I used Joico K-pak which SERIOUSLY helped my hair!!! Now my hair is in such a good condition. I am so glad I've spent so much money on this product. This is my third tube of this product and I am ready to purchase another one!

What is really important with this product is that it only gives your hair proteins, so it won't leave your hair softer. In the beginning I didn't know this so my hair kept breaking and felt "hard". But when I started combining it with a intense hydrator from Moroccoanoil my hair became new over night.

HIGHLY recommend this product!!

on 6/12/2016 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

My review for this is probably going to be very similar to my review for the Intense Hydrator. The reason being, is that I use them together (this followed by that one) so it's hard to comment on just one of them. A stylist I know suggested them as her HG products so I gave them a shot. She said that this one should be used first, and that alone you might not feel it doing anything, but it's strengthening the hair from within. I think this one really is the product that makes the difference, but like she said, you really can't feel 'slip' or a lot of conditioning with it. If I used this alone I don't know if I would feel I liked it as much as I do when I use them together. When I add the Hydrator after, it does feel really amazing. I have used the Hydrator alone, but I really think as a 2 step system is where the secret lies. There are other systems like this, that have a penatrator and a smoother with differing pH's, but I think this is one of the better ones. There are a few people who mentioned keratin overdosing but if you have dry, damaged hair, especially those who bleach it, and if you don't use it every wash, it shouldn't be a problem. I did also purchase the RevitaLuxe which is a one step, and it's nice, but I think this is the most effective.

Side note: I had been recommended this in the past, but I accidentally bought the regular k pak conditioner lol. Which of course didn't work as well. :P Also some people love the smell, it's very tropical. Personally I don't love it but I don't hate it either.

on 5/2/2016 3:19:00 PM

This is saving my hair. I recently got an "ombre" done on my already dyed brown hair and my hair (especially ends) was very angry at me. Portions of my hair were dry and fried looking and I thought I would most definitely have to go back into the salon and get a haircut to try and get all the damage off. Enter, this product. Which I was recommended by an employee at Ulta. I use it once a week, following a coconut oil mask and shampoo then I deep condition with Aussie 3-minute miracle and my hair is starting to feel and look great again. It is still not totally healthy, but its getting there. I have also given up blow-dryers and styling tools for the month of May in hopes that will contribute to getting my hair back to a healthy state. So far so good, I would recommend this to anyone with dry, damaged, bleached hair at their wits end about what to do about the condition of their hair. Give this stuff a try before giving up and getting a haircut.

on 3/3/2016 4:44:00 AM

I bought this product in a pack with the Joico Intense Hydrator... My hair was absolutely dry, damaged and just looked horrible... and I was close to considering just cutting it off into a bob and starting again.

This product has literally saved my hair and I've only been using it for 2 weeks. My hair is already feeling healthier and looks so much better.

Because my hair was in such bad condition I have been using the two products every second night and leaving on for about 10 minutes and will gradually use it less the more healthy my hair gets.

This was around $35 NZD for both bottles in a larger size - to me that is an absolute bargain for the quality and size of the products. So I will continue to purchase and look at the rest of Joico's range to see if there are any shampoos that may work for me as this is a really great underrated brand :)

I really do recommend this for dry damaged hair.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

First of all, I love the smell of this!! I seriously wish there was a body wash in this scent!! But scent aside, what is more important to me is how well a product does or doesn't perform, and I am pleased to say, this is a wonderful product!!

I feel Joico does not get near enough attention, which is a shame, because I love all of the products I've tried from them. This is not heavy on the hair, it distributes easily throughout the hair, and unlike many other conditioners that feel waxy, this does not. Rinses from the hair easily and leaves hair soft and in the summer helps with my many flyaways that I often get due to the humidity. As for the scent, I don't know, maybe a banana scent..? I don't even really like bananas, lol..but I do love this scent!!

Also, you really do need a smaller amount than you probably think. I use about the size of a quarter and rub it between the palms of my hands and then distribute it throughout my hair. With this, I can even use it near the roots and not worry about it being too heavy.

If you really want more conditioning effect, you could put this on and wear a shower cap for about 10 to 15 minutes. But for me, my hair is not very dry at the moment, but in the past, I have used this with a shower cap for more deeper conditioning.

The key is to use less than you think you need. I have the big 32 (?) ounce and it has been lasting me forever! I only use it maybe twice a month, though. You do not need to use this with every washing.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought the small travel size to try out before dropping $20 on this product-and im sure glad I did. Although it smelled great, it didn't do much for my bleached, over processed hair besides make it sticky and tangly. My garnier mask works better. I am very disappointed :(

It is more on the pricey side but it works well. Smells good, thick so you can distribute it through the hair, but still rinses out with no residue and gives good results. I use it once a week and always follow with a deep conditioner (a necessity!). I've been using it for probably two years now and it's my favorite out of the protein treatments I've tried. I think it's pretty much the gold standard for weekly protein treatments.

on 11/7/2015 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have short hair that became excessively damaged and just melted off at the crown due to trying to correct a bleaching/coloring mistake.
I bought this to help correct the damage and to get my hair to feel like hair again as I grew new hair.
I love it.