Bare Escentuals Glimmer- Bare Skin

Bare Escentuals Glimmer- Bare Skin

4.5

on 2/7/2016 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This loose shadow comes in a small pot and at first, it's rather inconvenient to use but with patience and practice, it becomes easier. First, let's talk about the color. It's a gorgeous rose gold shade that works well with any skin tone. It can be used alone all over the lid and crease or as the lid shade with any darker cool or warm tone accent colors or with more vivid shades for contrast. I use it two ways. I use it as a lid shade with a little matte shadow over it to damp down the shimmer a bit because I'm in my 50s and shimmery shadow accentuates every imperfection on my lids. Just a touch of matte shadow helps this situation but still lets the luminosity of the shadow shine through. I also use Bare Skin as the lid shade when I do a more detailed eye look, using a warmer brown (UD Naked) or the rosy matte shade from the UD Naked 3 palette in the crease. I blend this out really well and this makes my hazel eye color pop. Either of the looks I wear in the evening. I usually skip eye mu in the daytime. But Bare Skin is such a gorgeous color that I love using it whenever I can. It goes nicely with any of the shades in the Naked 3 palette and I can create many different looks with these shadows. It plays very well with others. I do restrict it to my lid though, where the skin texture is better. I like a luminous look but I often go over it with a matching matte shade. BM shadow is very pigmented and very blendable and I get very little fallout as long as I tap my brush off on the side of the pot. This shadow is shimmery but not glittery and it gives a nice soft focus effect with no harsh edges. Nude Beach is a gorgeous rose gold that is flattering on warm, cool and neutral skin tones. It works with cool, warm and neutral colors as well. I've used it with grays, browns as well as more vivid blues and greens. However, now that I'm in my 50s, I stick with more neutral browns and grays, but sometimes do muted greens because of my eye color. Nude beach works well with them all. It's a very versatile shade. I have sensitive skin and thankfully, BM shadows contain no fragrance of talc. I like everything about this shadow and I highly recommend both this formula and this beautiful color.

on 6/20/2012 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Somehow, without my realizing it, this has become one of the real workhorses in my makeup collection. I'm now on my third or fourth jar of this, and I think I have to just admit that it's one of my very favorites! It is peachy-pink, with shimmer that makes it look "glowy" when it is on. The pink helps to keep the peachiness from being too warm, so it works perfectly on my very pale cool-toned skin. And it's great with blue eyes -- my eyes seem to sparkle, so the shadow really enhances my eyes, without calling too much attention to itself. I don't wear browns or neutrals at all, so this is my "neutral" look. Sometimes I'll add a darker liner with it, sometimes I'll use a sparkly white shadow to line my upper lid (very summery!), sometimes I'll pair it with a cooler pink when I want a look that's lighter but still interesting. So I've found that this is very versatile, and also very flattering on its own -- the kind of thing I can put on when I don't have a lot of time to fuss with my eye makeup, but it still manages to look polished and sexy at the same time.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a shimmery loose eyeshadow. It's supposed to be a neutral skin color, but on me it turns mauve and looks blah. Other than that it's pretty good; well pigmented, smooth, and doesn't crease with a primer.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm still working my way through a generous Sephora sample of this loose shadow, which I got to try out after seeing a lot of tutorials that raved about this product. And, indeed, it IS very nice, especially for a quick, "one shadow and you're out the door" type look. I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase Bare Skin once I finish my sample. You get so much of these for such a reasonable price that they really offer tremendous value and, surprisingly for a loose product, they tend not to have too much fall-out, if you give your brush a good tap or two. The container is a bit of a pain for tossing into your purse (unless they've recently changed the packaging), but it does make the shadow easy to use. Good value on a good product.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Beautiful color. It reminds me of Bobbi Brown's Bronzed Pink which I think is D/C'd. However it is pretty glittery - not overly crazy, but it is there. It is very soft, very feminine and beautiful - but the application leaves a lot to be desired. But the amount you get is way more than generous and with time gets easier and more fluid. It's a pinky-slightly beige-bronze-ish color. If that makes sense at all. Great for summer I think. Very subtle on lids but not so subtle that I look like I have nothing on. If you think you cannot pull of pinkish colors try this one. I would buy this one again!

on 5/15/2011 5:46:00 PM

I had been looking for a perfect peachy pink eyeshadow and this is definitely it. It is shimmery but without chunks of glitter. More appropriate for warmer months as it has bronze tones as well. Applies beautifully and stays all day without creasing when applied over UDPP, and blends well. Like all BE glimmers you get a ton of product and only need a small amount for each application. However, also like all BE glimmers you have to deal with the sifter/jar which I find annoying - as I have spilt product on more than one occasion. Still, I'm happy to deal with it for this beautiful eyeshadow.

on 5/19/2010 10:46:00 AM

This was the first BE shadow I ever bought. You really can wear it with just about anything, it almost kind of adjusts its shade depending on what you wear it with. Overall though I think I would describe it as a pinkish light taupe with lots of shimmer. When I can't figure out what color to wear I just pick this one up if I want a bit of sparkle. This led me to expand my BE shadow collection, I love it so much - the little jar will last forever, and it doesn't crease if worn with a primer (UDPP or MAC paint pots work great). Really love this shade!

on 6/12/2010 12:50:00 PM

Add another fan to the list. I hate MAC Rose pigment and generally hate pink eyeshadows because they make me look like I have an eye infection or that I'm sick or tired. This though ... perfect. It looked too pink when I swatched it on my hand but on the eyes, it's gorgeous. It gives a fantastic glowy bronzey pink summer eye. Subtle but fantastico.

on 4/3/2011 7:19:00 PM

This is a great basic color to own, the shimmer is so fine and pretty. The color is a light pinky, peachy shade with a hint of gold in it. I don't pick up any mauve tones like many people mentioned in the reviews. Its a light warm tone. I have brown eyes, but it looks good on just about everyone. Tigers Eye from BE looks good with it and so does Queen Tiffany. I like to use Shale(a medium matte neautral purple) from MAC in the crease with Bare Skin. I use a dark purple liner with it, really looks good on brown eyes.NYC and maybelline have great dark purple eyeliners that really stay put.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is me all time favourite eye shadow ever! I am fair skinned with blue eyes and blonde hair and this really sets off the colour of my eyes :)

My husband thinks I am not really wearing make up when i wear it lol

I wear it either alone on my lids with liner and mascara or I add a deeper colour to the crease and outer v - either way, it looks AMAZING on me..

I love the 'shimmer' it has.. it's so very fine and does not make my eye lids look like crepe paper like most 'shimmer' shadows do.

I seriously want to go buy a back up (or three) because I've never ever loved an eye shadow as much :)

... gee - I can't gush enough about this product LOL (AND it LASTS on my lids too LOL!)

I hate the packaging ... lol - but ... love the rest of it :)