Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Color + Correct Sheer Nude CC Cream with SPF 30

Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Color + Correct Sheer Nude CC Cream with SPF 30
1000 Roses Color + Correct Sheer Nude CC Cream with SPF 30

3.6

Not tested on animals

Aloe Barbadensis Juice*, Jojoba and Sunflower Oils*, Sorbitan Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, PhytoCellTec (Alpine Rose, Malus Domestsica, Solar Vitis) and BioActive 8 Berry Complex*, Soothing Complex: [Hyaluronic Acid, Magnolia Ofcinalis Bark, Phoenix Dactylifera (Date) Leaf Cell and Boswellia Serrata (Boswellin) Extracts], Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Distillate*, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) and Pomegranate Oils*, Algae and Melon Extracts, Iron Oxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Corn Starch*, White Tea, Rooibos and Hibiscus Sabdariffa Extracts*�, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Phenethyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Rose Geranium Oil*, Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Oil

on 3/22/2017 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Pros:
-Very light coverage, if that's what you're looking for (I was looking for more medium)
-Nice, if strong, rose fragrance
-Supposedly good ingredients

Cons:
-I have oily skin with a a touch of sebhorreic dermatitis and am prone to congestion and breakouts and general sensitivity, so not sure if it's this product or another I started using recently. But since this is the one I use in the daytime and I notice the area around the corner of my eyes is getting kind of red and stingy in the daytime after 1 week of use, I'm going to assume that this one is the one causing the irritation.
-Goes on ^thick^ (I spritz my face with rosewater beforehand to help it spread easier) but it does sink in, though still somehow manages to be both dewy and tight feeling :/

I guess it's a decent product for the price point but I'm not overly thrilled with it. Maybe good for some folks, but not for me. Going to stop using it for 2 weeks to see if the irritation is caused by the other product. Will update if necessary.

on 2/16/2017 10:42:00 AM

Quite a nice tinted sunscreen. What I like about this product is the high percentage of zinc oxide (20%) which is great sun protection. This cream is quite thick but blends into skin quite nicely. The oils make it quite creamy and easy to blend (plus points for adding in jojoba, rosehip and pomegranate oils). It does have a universal tint and the finish is quite good considering the very high amount of zinc. I layer this over my chemical sunscreens as I do not rely on physical sunscreens alone to provide me with sufficient protection. This is certainly a good high zinc sunscreen to try out for those serious about anti-aging. In fact, it reminds me of the invisible zinc sunscreen but with a tint added. I would but it again and it is certainly good value for money. The scent of roses is quite nice too.

Ingedients: 20% Zinc Oxide, Aloe barbadensis juice, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) and helianthus annuus (sunflower) oils*, sorbitan stearate, glyceryl stearate, phytochelltec (alpine rose, malus domestica, solar vitis) and bioactive 8 berry complex, soothing complex: [hyaluronic acid, magnolia officinalis bark, phoenix dactylifera (date) leaf cell and boswellia serrata (boswellin) extracts], caprylic/capric triglycerides, rosa damascena (rose) distillate*, rosea canina (rosehip) and punica granatum (pomegranate) oils, algae and cucumis melo (melon) extracts, iron oxide, magnesium sulfate, zea mays (corn) starch*, camellia sinensis (white tea), aspalathus linearis (rooibos) and hibiscus rosa-sinensis extracts*†, tocopherol (vitamin E), phenethyl alcohol, ethylhexylglycerin, pelargonium graveolens (rose geranium) oil*, rosa centifolia (rose) oil

on 10/11/2016 4:08:00 PM

This stuff smells SO good! I love putting it on just for that reason. All of the ingredients are of high quality and support skin health. I was a little disappointed with the coverage, thinking a CC cream was supposed to be more tinted. It doesn't even my skin tone at all, but I will repurchase for sure.

on 7/29/2016 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This unfortunately did not work for my skin... The packaging claims this product is "mattifying," which is completely untrue. It gives a dewy, almost greasy finish, even after it soaks in/dries. My skin is naturally oily, so the only way I can wear this is by layering powder on top of it and blotting all day long. I prefer to use foundation powder with this, rather than translucent, because I need the coverage that this CC cream lacks. By itself, this product is VERY sheer, which is fine. I expected that as the package does say "sheer." It barely evened out a bit of redness, but did absolutely nothing to cover blemishes and hyperpigmentation scars. That all being said, the rose smell is nice and I love that it's all natural and cruelty-free. I feel like I'm using something that's actually good for my skin. Once powdered and set, my skin feels moisturized and smooth and I don't feel like I'm wearing makeup at all.

Overall, I'll wear this on days that I don't need a ton of coverage or lasting power, but want to just even out skin tone. My biggest complaint is that I was hoping it would live up to it's "mattifying" claim, but it definitely fails in that department. If I had dry skin with less scarring to cover, I would probably love this product!

on 9/26/2015 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Unfortunately this product did not work out for me personally, but kudos to Andalou for its attempt to bring clean, affordable BB/CC creams into the market! I think this is definitely a hit or miss product depending on what one is looking for. I think this is great for those (just like the reviewers below) who:
1. don't need a lot of coverage, just slight evening out
2. want glowy, dewy finish & don't mind slight tackiness left on the skin (which is easily remedied by powder on top)
3. need good physical sun protection with clean ingredients
and I can see why some people love this, while others (like myself) don't as much.

Although I have dry skin, I found the finish of this too shiny and tacky for my taste; I don't like to use powder on my face, so I just leave it as is. Even when I put *only* this without any moisturizer under it, it's oily but not necessarily hydrating. The color is also neutral enough to fit most skin tones, but for my moderately fair skin, it was a smidge too dark---you can see the shade difference between my neck and face in daylight. I will use this up as a facial sunscreen, but I do feel quite disappointed that it did not work for me. But if you have mature, *very* dry skin, love dewy finishes and don't need a lot of coverage, give this a try! You can use code YEW608 to get $10 off your order on iherb.com, which is where I purchased mine from.