3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 months ago

I picked this up at Whole Foods because it was on crazy sale and I’ve been trying to find an alternative to my beloved Paula’s Choice Resist Mineral Sunscreen. (It’s more $$, have to order online, and I’m trying to see what laying off silicones does for my skin.) They’re both SPF 30 (zinc oxide), both 2oz tubes. The scent is definitely very, very strong. I get that it’s the gimmick for this line, but…it’s too strong. It only slightly bothers me during application, but still. For reference, I have olive skin in good condition that skews oily but gets dehydrated in winter. I don’t need much coverage, but I do prefer to look even & polished. This CC cream offers pretty light coverage—I’d be ok wearing it alone, but adding my Clinique powder foundation (HG for real) on top offers the perfect level of coverage for me. I find this really, really emollient. It’s very cosmetically elegant, especially for a natural brand—the cream itself is thick and plush, smooths on & blends easily, and is just super lovely and soothing to apply. It feels great on. I loved the PC sunscreen as a base/primer, the silicones offered some blurring action and it smoothed out pores & texture a bit. This doesn’t do much for pores (I do have large pores and it doesn’t make the situation worse for what it’s worth), but the creaminess from the oils makes it a great base for powder foundation. The powder just grips right on and they meld together beautifully. Also, using powder on top cuts the slight shine overdose from the oils. It does give a dewy effect, which I like, BUT if you had asked me ten years ago when battling the oil slick was my main skincare challenge, I would’ve hated it lol. I haven’t noticed any oxidation (and as someone with oily skin, I’m always looking out for it), and this hasn’t broken me out or clogged pores. It seems to last most of the day (in tandem with powder foundation) but it’s not one of those bulletproof foundations (I don’t have a very makeup-taxing job though, so longevity isn’t a huge issue for me). However, I’m not sure if I could use this in high summer just because it’s so moisturizing. MAJOR CAVEAT: there are only 2 shades, both in the medium range. “Tan” works for me (like I said, it’s very sheer) but many people won’t find a match unfortunately. That plus the very strong scent are the only things I don’t like about this CC cream so far! I’m going to monitor my skin to see if removing silicones helps any (love a winter skincare project lmao) (also, I can’t see it doing anything bad?) and will update with any relevant info  I will most likely repurchase this.

About reviewer (542 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

6 months ago

*Edit - after wearing this for two weeks exclusively, I really do like this product. My skin looks great, it’s certainly non-clogging, etc, but the brightening one has the edge because it’s more hydrating. Pity the skin tone is better with the rose one!!! I think the long-term skincare results of the brightening range has been fabulous!!! I am enjoying this product because it is a better colour match for me than the Vitamin C Brightening CC one from the same brand. I much prefer the consistency, scent and texture of the Brightening one though. The rose scent isn’t a fresh rose, but rather roses that have been by a hospital bed a few days too long, and it’s really strong. It certainly doesn’t irritate my skin though. It’s also much thicker than the CC cream, so tuggy to apply. The finish is more matte than the Brightening one, so if your skin is on the oilier side, I think it would suit you more. Because I’m an old duck, I prefer the radiance from the Brightening one but understand that’s a personal preference. Neither of them does anything to disguise or magnify my pores and I do find them both long-lasting. Maybe will mix them for now, and I may end up preferring this one as the weather warms up (Southern Hemisphere) and it gets hotter and more humid. For the price, though... this is a lovely tinted sunscreen. Better than ones I can buy from Priceline or Chemist Warehouse. (Equivalent to Ulta, I guess.)

About reviewer (222 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Other

10 months ago

I thought I would love this product because I typically enjoy the scent of roses. The fragrance is the aspect that I enjoy least. It is overpowering and lasts for well over a hour. That said, there are many reasons to love this, if you can get past the fragrance. The texture on application is wonderful. It is light and not greasy, yet still moisturizing.The finish is dewy, not matte as suggested on the packaging. I feel this slight shininess might highlight skin imperfections in an undesirable way. After it sits for awhile on the skin the shine fades a bit which is a relief. The color seems to work for me but slightly on the yellow range. The coverage is not as great as some CC creams, but does allow skin to show through in a natural way. The most wonderful thing about this product is that it is the best feeling facial sunscreen I have yet to find. The next wonderful thing is that it has cleared up some skin eruption problem areas more effectively than anything else I’ve tried. I’m trying to get to wear I am not relying on foundation and I feel this will help me get there.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

I see most people enjoy the fragrance of this product, but I just couldn't handle it. I love the smell of real roses, but this fragrance is just way too over the top! I end up smelling this fragrance on my face all day long and it's not pleasant. I could look past that fact if the product itself was spectacular. It's not. It's oily, little to no coverage and not natural looking. It's a NO for me.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

2 years ago

I am shocked beyond all belief that this product worked for me. I am usually afraid of anything containing fragrances and oils, but this cc cream is amazing, and I think it's actually helped clear up my skin. To be clear, I use this as a tinted sunscreen, because this offers little to no coverage, BUT, I have found it a holy grail item to mix with my foundations that I felt were too matte in the past. I use three pumps of the cc cream, then add a pump of foundation to the mix. The result is gorgeous,dewy and lasts all day. I find the texture to be so much better than any of the other mineral sunscreens I have tried in the past, so I am a happy camper. The pump did try to crap out on me, but I simply took the top off , squeezed the tube to get the air out, and reassembled. It's been fine ever since. I highly recommend this as a painless way to get your daily dose of sunscreen, as well as a mixer.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

from

2 years ago

I actually like the pump! It's a decent product and my skin liked it but I can only wear it in the winter as it's quite oily. I wear it bare with no moisturiser or powder. Very light coverage which works for me but wouldn't purchase again due to the oil factor and the slight orange tinge.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

from

2 years ago

Great product, but the new packaging - with "airless" pump - is the worst. I have to unscrew the whole top off to bypass the pump in order to get product out, which counteracts the whole purpose of including an airless pump in the design. Product is THICK; I find it's best to apply with a blender type sponge for sheer coverage. One of the better mineral based tinted facial sunscreens out there. This was my HG, but the new pump design, and the constant staining of my clothes has me on the hunt for a new sunscreen. I am a MAC NC20 - 30, and this shade worked well on me. I find it does leave me quite oily after 2-3 hours of wear, so I generally powder after that.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I really like the look of this product once it's on and it lasts well throughout the day. The packaging is rated due to the pump failing after only a few uses. I thought it might be blocked with product but that doesn't seem to be the case.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlond

2.0

3 years ago

For the record, this would have a MUCH better rating if it was marketed as a tinted sunscreen, because the SPF 30 is GREAT. As a foundation or "CC" cream it sucks because the color is not buildable at all. It barely covers my skin, is thick and greasy, triggers oil production, and oxidizes like crazy, skewing an unpleasant orange color. I would not purchase this again intending to use it as a foundation, but as a tinted sunscreen for face, neck, and hands on days when you need to be outside and want a little something? It will do the trick.

About reviewer (102 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

Pros: -Very light coverage, if that's what you're looking for (I was looking for more medium) -Nice, if strong, rose fragrance -Supposedly good ingredients Cons: -I have oily skin with a a touch of sebhorreic dermatitis and am prone to congestion and breakouts and general sensitivity, so not sure if it's this product or another I started using recently. But since this is the one I use in the daytime and I notice the area around the corner of my eyes is getting kind of red and stingy in the daytime after 1 week of use, I'm going to assume that this one is the one causing the irritation. -Goes on ^thick^ (I spritz my face with rosewater beforehand to help it spread easier) but it does sink in, though still somehow manages to be both dewy and tight feeling :/ I guess it's a decent product for the price point but I'm not overly thrilled with it. Maybe good for some folks, but not for me. Going to stop using it for 2 weeks to see if the irritation is caused by the other product. Will update if necessary.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Other