NYX Big & Loud Lash Primer

Big & Loud Lash Primer

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

Water/Aqua/Eau, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Candelilla Cera/Cire de Candelilla, Nylon-66, Propanediol, Glyceryl Stearate, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Palmitic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Polyacrylate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR ( /-): Ultramarines (CI 77007), Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

on 1/8/2018 8:06:00 AM

This product is useless. It does nothing for your lashes. A better option would be the Voluminous lash primer by L'oreal. I would not buy this product again or recommend it.

on 8/25/2016 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

For $7.00 this is a steal. As a primer before mascara it works just as well as Blinc and Clinique. I'm not familiar with other brands of lash primers, so there may be way better ones, but for this price, I think it's great. I read some negative reviews on the NYX website that say this has fibers in it that fall into eyes. The Big & Loud Lash Primer I have does not seem to have any fibers at all. I even squished some on my finger to see if I could feel any fibers, and I didn't feel any. This is a smooth, white cream that looks transparent white on my lashes. I use this on my bottom lashes (occasionally on my top lashes, too). It makes applying mascara to them 100% easier, because the mascara has something to "grip" onto. I don't wind up applying black streaks to skin under my eyes. Also, this really keeps mascara from smudging or flaking, so even if I use "regular" (not tube) mascara, I'm not a disaster after a couple of hours of wear. My eyelashes need all the help they can get, so maybe that's why this seems very effictive to me. It makes a difference in length and width, so my lashes look longer and they're more separated. If you've already got great eyelashes, you probably don't need this extra step, but this primer may also help with smudging, etc. I don't curl my eyelashes with a curler, but I rely on mascara to curl them. This primer is not a curl enhancer. It seems to straighten my lashes a bit, because it weighs them down. However, for my bottom lashes, and for the low low price, I am very happy with this primer.

on 3/19/2016 7:00:00 PM

I purchased this while standing in the aisle at Target reading good reviews about it on my phone. Then, when I got home, I started reading more reviews....which were all, unfortunately bad. Based on user reviews, I applied the primer this morning, waited for it to dry, and then applied my mascara. It does work to some degree; however, it only made my lashes look clumpy. The primer does not apply white at all -- as a matter of fact, I was not even sure if it was applying to my lashes as I could not even see it. I could feel it once it dried, but the results were just not good.

I am taking it back to Target for a refund. I like NYX, but this one just was a bad product.

I see there are mixed reviews here...there is nothing wrong with this lash primer, in my personal opinion anyway. I think people often forget that lashes are one of those things that are so different for everyone. While some people may rave about Lancome mascaras, I have had no luck with them at all. Everyone has different textured lashes, so one product may work wonders for one person while being a complete disaster for another person. Also, I want to point out that there is a way to use a lash primer properly. DO NOT just apply it and then apply your mascara over top right away. Apply your primer, let it set for about 5 seconds so that it's tacky (not completely dry, but half-way there) and then apply your mascara. This will allow the formula of the primer to do it's thing, here plump the lashes and add a bit of grip to your mascara when applying on top.

For $8, I say this product is a thumbs up. I'd rather spend $8 than $30 for a lash primer anyway. Who wants to waste all those bucks when you're just going to apply black mascara over top.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

bought this because i normally use HARD CANDY'S lash primer. i think both are fairly comprable to each other. after using for about a month, the cap cracked in half, thank goodness nothing has dried out. i probably will buy again, but only if they fix packaging.

on 5/21/2015 2:47:00 PM

I really wish I could give this a rating of zero. I HATE this product, it is absolutely the worst lash primer I have ever used! And I've tried Dior, Shiseido, Clinique, MAC, Urban Decay, Tarte, Origins, E.L.F., Hard Candy, Estee Lauder, and Lancome. I would recommend ANY of those other lash primers over this one because this stuff is garbage.

Lash primer is something that I use every single day. And I expect it to do two things: prevent my mascara from smudging, and enhance the appearance of my lashes by giving my mascara a "boost". That's why I love lash primer so much, a good one makes all the difference in the world.

This stuff here though, it does absolutely nothing. And it has the weirdest formula I have ever seen. It's all runny and gooey for some reason. And the brush is so stupid. Super-short nubby little bristles. It ends up taking quite a bit of time and effort to apply this product to the lashes. And I find that it doesn't build up any length or volume, doesn't add any "oomph" whatsoever. And then to top it all off, it doesn't even stop my mascara from smudging!

Useless. Complete waste of money.

This is my first lash primer so I don't have much experience with these sort of products but I'm liking it so far. The wand is nice and thin but I feel like it doesn't dispense a lot of product right away on the lashes and now that I've been using it more, the product sort of clumps on the wand. But it doesn't get messy on the lashes. I don't really like the mascara I've been using for a while but after using this primer, I haven't disliked it as much. I believe it does have fibers in it so if you have contacts, it may be irritating but my eyes haven't been bothered. This is the first drugstore lash primer so I think It can't hurt to try. I'm glad I picked it up.

on 2/10/2015 11:32:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Fabulous lash primer at an affordable price. I was tired of paying more than $20 for Estee Lauder Lash primer plus, which I do like. This product performs just as well as the EL lash primer. The long wand brush makes it easy to apply to lashes. I do use a lash comb after applying, but It is not necessary. I have very fine lashes, but this product really makes my lashes stand out, especially the lower lashes. No irritation from this and removes easily.

on 1/22/2015 11:41:00 AM

I ordered this to save my Lancome primer for special occasions and this for daily use since I like primers. This one is good the problem is not enough product gets on my eyelashes. It takes time I do the wiggle as I found that's the best way for me to get it on them. My lashes are pretty long and full but ever since I started using these types of primers I just like how they look. This was around 7$ and it works well under my mascara. I use Too Faced Better Than Sex, and Buxom Full & Fabulous and the 2 together give me great length and fullness with this primer. Still to me Lancomes primer is my favorite and I get a little more with it. But on the daily this is perfect!

I am noticing as I use it more is getting on my lashes so it could need to be broken in so to speak. The wand is thin and easy to get all my lashes no problem. And it will make my them look better. So I do like this and I would repurchase because it doesn't feel heavy with the amount of mascara I use. I always use a lash comb at the end so they are clump free. But this is a good product and I wish I could give it a 4.5 because it deserves that. I would recommend this though if you like some daily oomph or you just are hooked on using primers like I am it's a great product! My eyelashes don't shed or anything weird either. Just a good solid primer! I'm glad I purchased this as it is my daily go to now.😀

Update 3/28/15

It just needed breaking in. Total 5 lippie now. It deposits plenty of primer on my lashes. I love it and still use it daily!