Too Faced Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar

4.1

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I love this pallet so much!! I've finally found my staple eye shadow pallet. This truly is the pallet to rule them all. And even the negative points on how "dull" the blue is, I'm actually really glad that it is. I use it on my lower lash line with my brown eyes, and it makes my eye color look awesome without having a crazy neon blue. I would recommend this pallet to just about anyone, hands down!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

My most go-to shades are: Nougat (the first to hit pan), Peanut Butter (favorite transition color), Mousse (second favorite transition color, second to hit pan, sometimes for micro-contouring as well), Coconut Creme (to set the base), Puddin', Truffled, Caramel, Bon Bon, Rum Raisin (a nice wash of color all over the lids), and Frosting (glam wash of color all over the lid). I rarely use makeup more than 6 hours because I simply don't get around much, and be a homebody. So I can't really say if these eye shadows last all day or not. I have sensitive eyes like my mother, I used to despise having eye makeup done on me, until I learned how to do it myself, this eye shadow doesn't irritate and make my eyes red. This palette is really nice for a run-off-the-mill MUA like me who works mostly for warm skin toned ladies. I'm loving each of the said shades. Pink Sugar was a mess for my liking. Butter Pecan was ok, but I will pass it for being an inner-corner highlighter. I used to give Blueberry Swirl a pass, but now it's my new-found favorite since I discovered how to make it work and combine the look with Hot Fudge as a definition.

I don't know if the packaging of the one I have is supposed to be okay, but I don't like how it doesn't "clicked" when I close it.

Surprisingly, I dropped my palette once and Pink Sugar was the only one shattered and the rest are perfectly okay.

I have tried for a long time to like this but every time I use it, it just does not look good on my eyes! I am extremely pale with blue eyes /blond hair and these shadows just have too much orange tones in them and it doesnt look good on me. These orange tones clash with my eyes and skin so they make my eyes look tired and sallow and gross! There are a couple cool shades in this but they are boring and this palette isnt worth $50 for only a few okish shades.

And dont even get me started on how disappointing the blue shade is...

I truely regret purchasing this!

This has to be my favourite Too Faced palettes it is a majority warm palette with neutrals I love and pops of colour that work. The formula for this palette seems slightly different in that it is more creamy and the colours just pop.

The signature scent of the line remains and the shadows are pigmented and exquisite on the eyes. I don't get fall out and the colours blend like a dream without getting muddy. Being in love with Too Faced's quality in their permanent line products brings me back to the brand everytime.

I am also in love with their Chocolate Bar Palette and their Sweet Peach Palette. I will definitely repurchase if I run out.

This is shit and don't recommend. NEGATIVE STARS.

Okay, I used to love this palette. The chocolate scent, the packaging, the colours - woah! BUT. As I got more into the beauty world, I began realizing that this palette is actually not worth the hype. Some of the colours, like "Nude" or "Mousse" for example just disappear when I apply them on my skin. Yup, no trace of them. The shimmery ones - "Bon bon" and "Caramel" are more buttery and apply like heaven, but the rest are super chalky. The only explanation is that Too Faced send some different shitty formula to the Eastern European countries, otherwise I can't possibly see why all the beauty gurus love this thing. I wanted the Peach palette so bad, but now I'm not so sure. I'd probably buy it from some different country than mine...

I was so excited to buy this palette, but it's been a complete let down. I already have the UD Naked and Lorac Pro Matte (I looooove both of these), and was looking for something with more warm-toned shades. However, there are several Semi Sweet shades that are either too light to be noticeable and the darker shades are too dark for my fair skin. Also the dark brown shades all look too similar on the eye. Rum Raisin and Frosting are pretty, but the Carmel and Bon Bon are too shimmery for my taste (way more than most of UD Naked). I like Peanut Butter, but when blended it disappears. This palette also doesn't seem to wear nearly as long as my Naked and Lorac palettes. Overall I only really like about half of the shades, so I'll be returning this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I don't understand why everyone has such harsh feelings for this palette- it's one of my absolute faves. This palette has taken a permanent place in my everyday eye makeup routine, a place previously held by the urban decay naked and naked 2 palettes. The shadows smell delicious, are smooth, pigmented, and blend beautifully. I love all of the different browns and the variety of shimmer and mattes. Yes, there are a few colors that could have been better- the sparkly pink has no pigment and is basically just a glitter "overlay" and I really wish the blue was more pigmented. Other than that, this palette has my heart and my love, and I think the chosen shades were very beautifully crafted. Yes, a lot of the colors are similar- but for someone looking for a palette with varying shades and tones of brown- this is perfect! Especially with so many "neutral" palettes only having 1 or 2 brown shades. Very beautiful palette, I've recommended it to all of my friends.

I purchased this palette about 2 years ago and it's still going strong. Let me get it out. i fricking love it. The reason that I gave it 4 stars is tha I don't use rum cocoa chili because i'm not a fan of matte shades with glitter and the blue one that i think it's not good in either pigmentation or blendability. Especially since I started as an mua i find that these color can suit multiple skin tones and coconut creme is my all time favorite for setting eye primer. I tried to depot it but i ended up breaking pink sugar(which i didnt use that much so started there) so left it in peace. The formula is very nice pigmented and blends beautifully for the mattes and the shimmery shades pack a nice punch. I especialy love peanut butter for the crease and bon bon for all over the lid.Licorice is one of my favorite blacks. The chocolate smell is very nice although I could do without if it lowered the price

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This palette looks similar to the original chocolate bar but the looks you can are different; if you are a fan of warmer, bronzer looks then this palette is great! But if you like purple brown looks then the original one would suit you better! I don't like the shade pink sugar because you can only use it as a topper eyeshadow due to its lack of pigment and the blue shade because again, it lacks pigment. The other shades are pigmented and smooth; the highlight shades are beautiful but I actually prefer the shimmery highlight from the original chocolate bar because i feel that it looks more frosty and pigmented!