Too Faced Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar

I have tried to like Too Faced eyeshadows. I'm either buying every bad palette they make, or they are all bad. I'm not sure. This one smells like chocolate, but the chocolate gold palette I would swear smells much better. This one has a plastic chocolate smell. So, on to the colors. Wow. Just wow. The hot fudge color is not very blendable and it makes me look like I've put actual dirt on my eyes. It's a nasty color that doesnt blend. Many of the other colors don't even show up on my fair skin. There is a decent amount of fallout. I think Too Faced is officially trolling us.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Hey there glam seeker! I assume that like me before getting this palette you’ve done your research and still can’t decide which chocolate bar to pick due to the commonly mixed reviews! GAL IM HERE FOR YA: so here’s the thing. I genuinely thought I wouldn’t be impressed with the quality of the palette since everyone says they rather have the original chocolate bar... but as the makeup junky that I am I couldn’t not be attached to the color scheme of this baby, it seemed way more brown tone-y and appealing than the original one. I wouldn’t say this palette is drastically warm nor cold, it’s truly a mix and match for brown lovers like myself. When I got it and finally searched and played around with it I straight up new, as a working professional makeup artist, this... and the quality of this* are my fave to work with. This isn’t about !bam! Bright extreme pigment or extremely experimental looks with different pops. This is the everyday to every night princess palette. One that’s easy to work with and get a nice look from, buttery shades with a variety of finishes and hue to make your makeup game more fun and easily put together. I love it and I must admit, the smell does add to the experience of the whole chocolate theme thing. NOW! If you made it this far girl I applaud you but I do wanna clear some controversial pop of blue “blueberry swirl” shade and the so-called colorless “pink sugar shade” since I truly think people misuse them or get the idea behind! About the blue like I said the punch of the chocolate palettes aren’t the crazy colors or extreme pigment, it’s the looks you can get from them so easily and beautifully made. The blue is merely a colorful hue to make a Look a little more diverse than completely neutral. It’s a “Wow Factor” shade and it has a sheer-er finish which I tend to prefer when working with all the beautiful golden brown shades, I want them to be the star hence the chocolate theme. Now the pink sugar one! Oh man did this poor buddy get a lot of crap! Yes it might not be common in the regular consumer makeup world to bump into pressed glitters but honestly I’m so glad Too Faced decided to pack in it the palette. This shade is a topper! Meaning it’s purpose it to change a finish and add to it rather than to add color. If you put it on any shade it instantly gets a beautiful unique pink sparkle look and you can totally built it up from a light spark to a glamorous light catching “disco” pinkish finish. I personally enjoy putting it in my inner corner as it is (with fix+ or something when I want it bold) because it’s so brightening and beautifully dimensional... I truly love the idea of the shadow! Get this baby if you like mattes and a bit of shine, if you’re an experimental chocolate tone lover makeup junky or if you just want to treat yourself to a quality treat. It’s a new holy grail for me!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I love this pallet so much!! I've finally found my staple eye shadow pallet. This truly is the pallet to rule them all. And even the negative points on how "dull" the blue is, I'm actually really glad that it is. I use it on my lower lash line with my brown eyes, and it makes my eye color look awesome without having a crazy neon blue. I would recommend this pallet to just about anyone, hands down!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

My most go-to shades are: Nougat (the first to hit pan), Peanut Butter (favorite transition color), Mousse (second favorite transition color, second to hit pan, sometimes for micro-contouring as well), Coconut Creme (to set the base), Puddin', Truffled, Caramel, Bon Bon, Rum Raisin (a nice wash of color all over the lids), and Frosting (glam wash of color all over the lid). I rarely use makeup more than 6 hours because I simply don't get around much, and be a homebody. So I can't really say if these eye shadows last all day or not. I have sensitive eyes like my mother, I used to despise having eye makeup done on me, until I learned how to do it myself, this eye shadow doesn't irritate and make my eyes red. This palette is really nice for a run-off-the-mill MUA like me who works mostly for warm skin toned ladies. I'm loving each of the said shades. Pink Sugar was a mess for my liking. Butter Pecan was ok, but I will pass it for being an inner-corner highlighter. I used to give Blueberry Swirl a pass, but now it's my new-found favorite since I discovered how to make it work and combine the look with Hot Fudge as a definition.

I don't know if the packaging of the one I have is supposed to be okay, but I don't like how it doesn't "clicked" when I close it.

Surprisingly, I dropped my palette once and Pink Sugar was the only one shattered and the rest are perfectly okay.

This is shit and don't recommend. NEGATIVE STARS.

Okay, I used to love this palette. The chocolate scent, the packaging, the colours - woah! BUT. As I got more into the beauty world, I began realizing that this palette is actually not worth the hype. Some of the colours, like "Nude" or "Mousse" for example just disappear when I apply them on my skin. Yup, no trace of them. The shimmery ones - "Bon bon" and "Caramel" are more buttery and apply like heaven, but the rest are super chalky. The only explanation is that Too Faced send some different shitty formula to the Eastern European countries, otherwise I can't possibly see why all the beauty gurus love this thing. I wanted the Peach palette so bad, but now I'm not so sure. I'd probably buy it from some different country than mine...

This has to be my favourite Too Faced palettes it is a majority warm palette with neutrals I love and pops of colour that work. The formula for this palette seems slightly different in that it is more creamy and the colours just pop.

The signature scent of the line remains and the shadows are pigmented and exquisite on the eyes. I don't get fall out and the colours blend like a dream without getting muddy. Being in love with Too Faced's quality in their permanent line products brings me back to the brand everytime.

I am also in love with their Chocolate Bar Palette and their Sweet Peach Palette. I will definitely repurchase if I run out.

I have tried for a long time to like this but every time I use it, it just does not look good on my eyes! I am extremely pale with blue eyes /blond hair and these shadows just have too much orange tones in them and it doesnt look good on me. These orange tones clash with my eyes and skin so they make my eyes look tired and sallow and gross! There are a couple cool shades in this but they are boring and this palette isnt worth $50 for only a few okish shades.

And dont even get me started on how disappointing the blue shade is...

I truely regret purchasing this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I don't understand why everyone has such harsh feelings for this palette- it's one of my absolute faves. This palette has taken a permanent place in my everyday eye makeup routine, a place previously held by the urban decay naked and naked 2 palettes. The shadows smell delicious, are smooth, pigmented, and blend beautifully. I love all of the different browns and the variety of shimmer and mattes. Yes, there are a few colors that could have been better- the sparkly pink has no pigment and is basically just a glitter "overlay" and I really wish the blue was more pigmented. Other than that, this palette has my heart and my love, and I think the chosen shades were very beautifully crafted. Yes, a lot of the colors are similar- but for someone looking for a palette with varying shades and tones of brown- this is perfect! Especially with so many "neutral" palettes only having 1 or 2 brown shades. Very beautiful palette, I've recommended it to all of my friends.

I was so excited to buy this palette, but it's been a complete let down. I already have the UD Naked and Lorac Pro Matte (I looooove both of these), and was looking for something with more warm-toned shades. However, there are several Semi Sweet shades that are either too light to be noticeable and the darker shades are too dark for my fair skin. Also the dark brown shades all look too similar on the eye. Rum Raisin and Frosting are pretty, but the Carmel and Bon Bon are too shimmery for my taste (way more than most of UD Naked). I like Peanut Butter, but when blended it disappears. This palette also doesn't seem to wear nearly as long as my Naked and Lorac palettes. Overall I only really like about half of the shades, so I'll be returning this.

Popular Palettes