no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

I love this color but because of the fact that it's slightly difficult to apply, I wouldn't buy it at full price. That said, it has great staying power once it's applied properly.

About reviewer (111 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesBlue

2.0

4 years ago

So disappointed in these lipsticks. Great ads and I follow them on social media so I expected amazing lipsticks - and I bought 6 (duh I know). Not ONE of them is something I will wear without mixing with another brand to make a decent color. I like nudes and Maybelline's are better than the ones I purchase from Gerard. The liquid mattes are horrible as well.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

4 years ago

1995 is my everyday lipstick!! The colour is so beautiful and complements my skin! Im on my 3rd lipstick and its only been a year and a half since i found this brand! Defo would recommend everyone to try it out! A heads up. check instagram before purchasing they have great offers! Only downside is getting charged for customs if its ordered from their own website to UK.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan

HairBlack

EyesBlack

4 years ago

It is absolutely beyond me why these lipsticks get such a bad rap. I bought 4 of these matte lipsticks one being 1995 and I'm obsessed. Its not drying at all, i can smack my lips together and they feel creamy (not slippery). The color is amazing and really compliments my NC25 skin colour. Not incredibly long wearing I will admit. The only discrepancy i have is with the price tag. I certainly don't think these lipsticks should be more than about 12-13 dollars but with all the sales Gerard Cosmetics has you can get them for around that price or even less. Will continue to wear these lipsticks and will definitely purchase them again (discounted price only that is haha)

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBlack

4 years ago

I received this as a gift. I tried it on and it definitely makes a positive difference, yet looks natural on me at the same time. I wore it "for real" for Thanksgiving on Thursday. Typically, my family does not like me wearing lipstick, as ridiculous as that sounds. My mom especially thinks it makes me look really old and "mean", and basically criticizes anyone on TV that is wearing lipstick of any shade. However, my family also knows very little about makeup. I remembered how natural this lipstick looks on me, and I figured it was subtle enough so that my mom wouldn't notice. So I put it on and met up with my family. Sure enough, they didn't even realize I was wearing lipstick, but they complimented me on my makeup, more than they usually do. I am pretty happy with this color, it creates that really popular barely-there look on my lips, but still makes a difference. However, like I said, it was a gift, so I am lucky enough to not have to think about the $19 price tag.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

1.0

4 years ago

I don't understand the cult following behind this brand. I'm almost certain that if you buy lipstick from the 99 cents store it will be of better quality. 1995 is a lot more bland than I thought it would be. It doesn't mend well with my light skin tone and kind of flushes me out. But the worst part is the quality. The formula is matte and definitely difficult to put on. It stretches out my lips because of how difficult it is to get on. A cheaper alternative would be Daringly Nude by Maybelline Matte collection. It's a fraction of the cost and better quality. I was very disappointed with this color and the brand. Definitely not wasting my money on this again.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

from

4 years ago

I actually really like this color. Is it worth $19? Absolutely not, but Gerard Cosmetics has tons of sales so I would recommend getting them when promos are available. I bought 2 for $20 with free shipping, so $10 a piece or one free. The packaging is OK, kinda plasticity but I like the golden bullet look. The formula for this is drying as hell and is almost hard to rub on, but once it's on, for me, it stayed put and didn't really dry out. I've had MAC lipsticks dry me out more than this. Just exfoliate and make sure to moisturize. The other matte I got (Tequila Sunrise) is the same way. This color is very similar (I'm talking dupe like territory) to MAC Taupe but has a bit of a redder undertone and is more matte. As others have said, it's a very dupe-able color so if you're not into getting things just to say you have it because of the hype, you can definitely skip this color. There are similar colors out there. With that being said, for Brown skin tones (Im in the NW/NC 45-50 range) this is an amazing matte nude color, just make sure to get it on sale.

About reviewer (153 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark, Neutral

HairBlack, Kinky, Coarse

EyesGreen

5 years ago

I don't get why people hate this lipstick. I'm very picky when it comes to makeup and especially lipsticks. This lipstick is probably one of my all time fav lipsticks. The formulation is fantastic, it's matte but dry out my lips at all. I love the color so much and it looks fantastic on almost everybody! The packaging is beautiful, similar to mac but it's gold instead of black. Yes, the packaging is less quality than mac's but it's not as bad as a drugstore's. People seem to have a problem with the price but if you look online for coupon codes then I'm sure you'll find plenty of good ones as Gerard is very generous with their coupon codes. I'm definitely repurchasing this if I ever lose it or run out of it.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

from

5 years ago

I don't get the negative reviews!! First off, the best way I reccomend buying Gerard cosmetics is with a coupon code, if you follow them on Instagram they're always putting up codes to get lip products half price. I got 4 for $39. To this product itself-- I LOVE the color. And I think it is similar to the Kylie Jenner color, maybe just a shade darker and with a little bit more brown tonings. But it's a beautiful color regardless. The formula is a little drying on my lips, no where near as much as Mac mattes. Stays for a long time as well. And I personally love love the packaging!! It makes it look very high end in my opinion. It goes on creamy which for a matte is always a plus! Def will repurchase

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

1.0

5 years ago

I bought this lipstick and another one called buttercup. First let me explain that I order the lipsticks in another website due to the fact that a lot of people had major issues with Gerard cosmetics website and the shippings. When the lipsticks arrived the first thought that came to my mind was...19€ each one for this lipsticks? what a joke! the packaging feels really cheap (cheap plastic packaging) and it reminds me like a fake dupe from MAC lipsticks (bullet shape) but i though never mind...the most important fact is the lipstick itself so I opened the packaging and oh god! the lipstick broke in two pieces like a rice paper. The first thing I noticed was the lipstick has like air bubbles all over it. I was really upset but I try to fix it and then...the lipstick never work again I try to put it down and put it up and the mechanism never work again. I had to cut another lipstick (didn't like it so much) and use the 1995 lipstick in that packaging. Not to mention the buttercup lipstick has bubbles too. I will never going to buy any Gerard Cosmetics products again. what a nightmare!! Price: 19€ Quality: poor quality packaging:a nightmare...cheaply made payoff: drugstore lipsticks are better than this crappy lipsticks

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral